Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Renewing my residencia Ontinyente

Renewing my residencia Ontinyente

Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing my residencia Ontinyente

Could anybody tell me what is currently required to renew in Ontinyente? Thanks in advance David
Old Jun 18th 2011, 7:25 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing my residencia Ontinyente

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Could anybody tell me what is currently required to renew in Ontinyente? Thanks in advance David
Yep - same as every where else.

They are quite insistent on Padron which seems strange to me (chicken and egg syndrome!)

We needed photos (not sure why).

Then you need all the normal stuff like passport, NIE, old reidencia card. AND, of course, finally you will need proof of payment.

And then with all that you will be given the stupid, green, A4 sheet which is no good for ID and is no better than your NIE card/paperwork.

We managed to do ours on the same day but I think things have altered a lot since then but it's still at the National Police just behind the town hall.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Yep - same as every where else.

They are quite insistent on Padron which seems strange to me (chicken and egg syndrome!)

We needed photos (not sure why).

Then you need all the normal stuff like passport, NIE, old reidencia card. AND, of course, finally you will need proof of payment.

And then with all that you will be given the stupid, green, A4 sheet which is no good for ID and is no better than your NIE card/paperwork.

We managed to do ours on the same day but I think things have altered a lot since then but it's still at the National Police just behind the town hall.
Thats why I asked the question5 years ago it was a two hour job.I'm sure they change it weekly.I've managed to lose my card but I've got a photocopy of it but I'm sure that will add a day to the process.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 7:30 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thats why I asked the question5 years ago it was a two hour job.I'm sure they change it weekly.I've managed to lose my card but I've got a photocopy of it but I'm sure that will add a day to the process.
ah - but you can't actually renew that...........

you just sign on the residents list & get a bit of paper to prove it...
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnxa
ah - but you can't actually renew that...........

you just sign on the residents list & get a bit of paper to prove it...
The residencia?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

The residencia?

the paper says that you are resident

but you can't 'renew your residencia' cos you won't get a 'residencia card' - cos they no longer issue them
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:34 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

The residencia?
Some people, for ease, call this new A4 sheet a 'Residencia' but this is actually incorrect.

Do a quick search on BE and you will find that this has been discussed before.

There is actually, to my understanding, no such thing as a 'residencia' any more (unless you have an old card that has not yet expired). The new A4 sheet merely proves that you have signed onto the list of foreigners.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:55 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There is actually, to my understanding, no such thing as a 'residencia' any more (unless you have an old card that has not yet expired). The new A4 sheet merely proves that you have signed onto the list of foreigners.

The residencia card still exists but it is only issued to non-EU family members of an EU citizen.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:22 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Fred James
The residencia card still exists but it is only issued to non-EU family members of an EU citizen.
well yes - but since Daveinspain is an EU citizen - he can't have one
Old Jun 19th 2011, 8:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Some people, for ease, call this new A4 sheet a 'Residencia' but this is actually incorrect.

Do a quick search on BE and you will find that this has been discussed before.

Even the Spanish officials at the SS, and Traffico ask for and take it as your residencia, oh and also the guy where I bought my moto, and the insurance company that insured it.
You can`t do many official things without it in fact.
On the end after foreigners you should of added "that are allowed extended residence in Spain."

Last edited by jdr; Jun 19th 2011 at 8:43 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnxa

the paper says that you are resident

but you can't 'renew your residencia' cos you won't get a 'residencia card' - cos they no longer issue them
I had been told it was no longer a card but I imagine you have to go through a similar procedure to get it renewed.Anybody done it in the last few months?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I had been told it was no longer a card but I imagine you have to go through a similar procedure to get it renewed.Anybody done it in the last few months?
Almost the same process, but no photos or fingerprints.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly no fingerprints but photos may be asked for in some locations.

It's incorrect but try arguing the point!

Whenever I apply for anything official in Spain I have an envelope stuffed full of photos in every conceivable size!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Certainly no fingerprints but photos may be asked for in some locations.

It's incorrect but try arguing the point!

Whenever I apply for anything official in Spain I have an envelope stuffed full of photos in every conceivable size!

Also at least 4 copies of every piece of paper that you have with you name on it. Makes a very heavy briefcase.

Rosemary
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just an update.Decided to try Gandia after being told that they only give out 15 tickets per day at Ontinyent.Gandia even better they expect you to wait in the full miday sun for the chance of one of a daily changing (depends on how many the staff think they might give out) number of tickets.I arrived at 1pm and there was already over 20 people waiting.all this while Spanish Nationals sat inside renewing passports in air conditioned splendor .They really do know how to treat visitors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.