Reload this Page >

Removal of dead palm tree

Removal of dead palm tree

Old May 19th 2010, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Katee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removal of dead palm tree

Hi,

We have a hugeeeeeeeee dead palm tree and I wondered if anyone could recommend someone who would be able to come to our house, chop it down and dispose of it and if anyone has had to do this, how much it cost them. We are in Cartaya about 25k from Ayamonte.

thanks,

Kate
Old May 19th 2010, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: Removal of dead palm tree

Originally Posted by Katee
Hi,

We have a hugeeeeeeeee dead palm tree and I wondered if anyone could recommend someone who would be able to come to our house, chop it down and dispose of it and if anyone has had to do this, how much it cost them. We are in Cartaya about 25k from Ayamonte.

thanks,

Kate
You could try Outdoor Living. They do landscaping and planting. Afraid I do't have their number but they do advertise and can be contacted through Furniture Frontera in Ayamonte. Good luck!

Pat
Old May 19th 2010, 4:29 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
You could try Outdoor Living. They do landscaping and planting. Afraid I do't have their number but they do advertise and can be contacted through Furniture Frontera in Ayamonte. Good luck!

Pat
Both companies have closed their doors.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Around the houses this reply
If any one from CE or Ayamonte who knows Jane from Lotitas they could pass this request on.
Her partner Steve does landscape gardening & clearance so he could be the answer ?
Old May 19th 2010, 6:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Our local council used to take them down and burn them for free, but there were so many they were out of pocket so now charge 300€`s. Yours may still do it.
They are killed by the red palm weavel
Old May 19th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Our local council used to take them down and burn them for free, but there were so many they were out of pocket so now charge 300€`s. Yours may still do it.
They are killed by the red palm weavel
Yes.
In Ayamonte a neighbors villa with an avenue of lovely palm trees was being treated last year by the council. They were there for days. I can't imagine it was free but they are the experts. It would be my first port of call. Have you any more Palm Trees because this pest spreads fast.
Old May 19th 2010, 8:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
Yes.
In Ayamonte a neighbors villa with an avenue of lovely palm trees was being treated last year by the council. They were there for days. I can't imagine it was free but they are the experts. It would be my first port of call. Have you any more Palm Trees because this pest spreads fast.
Fast is not the word, thousands have died around us, four in our garden.
When the center branches start drooping then it has had it.
If you put your ear near the trunk you can hear the beetles chewing their way through the tree.
Their destruction is worldwide, just google Red Palm Weavel.
Old May 19th 2010, 8:45 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Around the houses this reply
If any one from CE or Ayamonte who knows Jane from Lotitas they could pass this request on.
Her partner Steve does landscape gardening & clearance so he could be the answer ?
She´s on Facebook, why am I having a deja-vu?
Old May 20th 2010, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jur
She´s on Facebook, why am I having a deja-vu?
You must be in agony ,shouldn't you go & see a doctor about that.
On your way you could pop into the bar & pass the message on,you probable pass it on most working days & they do have internet access in there
Old May 20th 2010, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Katee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I visited the local town hall and they shrugged their shoulders, perhaps there is a particular department I should ask for this time -if so could someone tell me what it is called in Spanish?

Yes, it's the beetle, we are spraying the other trees every 40 days, but I think it's too late, which is really sad.

Old May 20th 2010, 1:01 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by chrismortley
You must be in agony ,shouldn't you go & see a doctor about that.
On your way you could pop into the bar & pass the message on,you probable pass it on most working days & they do have internet access in there
Not all the time, the Alzheimer makes me forget... (ok, not funny)

Here, let me help: http://bar-lotita.com