British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Removal company Spain ( Ayamonte) to Scotland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/removal-company-spain-ayamonte-scotland-941299/)

bxpuser24710519 Oct 26th 2021 4:51 pm

Removal company Spain ( Ayamonte) to Scotland

Does anyone have a recommendation for a removal company from Spain to Scotland ? Aiming for late Nov early Dec 2021 thank you.

VFR Oct 26th 2021 5:00 pm

Re: Removal company Spain ( Ayamonte) to Scotland

Check out Shiply in your browser.

bitmanev Oct 27th 2021 8:15 pm

you might google for Algarve Removals

used them a couple times to get stuff to Costa Esuri

teachy Oct 28th 2021 6:57 pm

St Georges know Ayamonte town and have shuttled my stuff from the old fairground twice. Very good with heavy and delicate items.

VFR Oct 28th 2021 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by teachy (Post 13066417)
St Georges know Ayamonte town and have shuttled my stuff from the old fairground twice. Very good with heavy and delicate items.

Take it you are linked to them then ? (1st post)
Did you not notice that the OP wants stuff moving to Scotland & not the next town.

Loco Oct 28th 2021 11:37 pm

Getting quotes via Shiply or one of the other online consolidaters is probably your best bet especially if you can be flexible on dates.

Best
Loco

teachy Oct 29th 2021 7:03 am

I have no connection to this company other than as a client, in fact i do not know if they are operating after Covid. They have collected from diverse sites in the UK to deliver to me but also collect for the UK.
I find this response offensive and potentially in breach of rules one and two of the forum. The derogatory tone attached to my literacy skills is certainly taken as an attempt to bully me.

Rosemary Oct 29th 2021 7:27 am

Originally Posted by teachy (Post 13066524)
I have no connection to this company other than as a client, in fact i do not know if they are operating after Covid. They have collected from diverse sites in the UK to deliver to me but also collect for the UK.
I find this response offensive and potentially in breach of rules one and two of the forum. The derogatory tone attached to my literacy skills is certainly taken as an attempt to bully me.

The comments that you found offensive were in fact from a long term member being protective of the forum because very often when someone makes a first post recommending a company they are in fact trying to get around the no advertising rule so this makes us all a little suspicious.

Rosemary

Dxf Oct 29th 2021 10:44 am

Originally Posted by VFR (Post 13065657)
Check out Shiply in your browser.

Hola

As I am intending to move back to the UK (Chiclana to South London), I decided to check Shiply out. I have had several replies and some companies have quoted more than once which makes me think they can see other companies quotes which makes this a race to the bottom.

I had never heard of Shiply before this post and have no idea about their business model - just having a quick look at the quotes for whenever my house sells.

Davexf