British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Removal company recommendation needed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/removal-company-recommendation-needed-709193/)

whitelinen Mar 13th 2011 5:55 pm

Removal company recommendation needed

Can anyone give personal recommendation for removal company based in UK or Spain covering Valencia area? Also who to avoid if possible

Rosemary Mar 13th 2011 7:56 pm

Re: Removal company recommendation needed

Possibly depends on where in UK things are to go to or come from.

Rosemary

jonnyx Mar 14th 2011 11:25 am

Originally Posted by whitelinen (Post 9237105)
Can anyone give personal recommendation for removal company based in UK or Spain covering Valencia area? Also who to avoid if possible

You can always check with Tore Line He is based in Alcaucin (Malaga) but work worldwide.:thumbup:

snikpoh Mar 14th 2011 11:49 am

Depending on the load size, there are many "man-with-van". I could certainly recommend one close to Xativa.

anonimouse Mar 14th 2011 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 9238690)
Depending on the load size, there are many "man-with-van". I could certainly recommend one close to Xativa.

Who ever you choose, Best advice I can give is, make sure you are there to see what goes in the van and what come out at the other end.

If possible keep an eye on the truck on route, and tell them you will be too.

megmet Mar 15th 2011 12:11 am

You could check out Britannia Southern, they do local national and international moves and storage.
We used then when we moved down here! We found them to be excellent in every respect, things arrived when they said they would and most importantly there were no breakages, even after them storing our stuff for three months. :thumbsup:

paintermujer Mar 15th 2011 9:08 am

Originally Posted by megmet (Post 9240127)
You could check out Britannia Southern, they do local national and international moves and storage.
We used then when we moved down here! We found them to be excellent in every respect, things arrived when they said they would and most importantly there were no breakages, even after them storing our stuff for three months. :thumbsup:

We used Britannia too but Lanes/Leatherbarrows.

Excellent service too.Nothing broken and it all turned up.

Id def recommend them.

kirstyp Mar 15th 2011 5:04 pm

Where about's in the UK?

Check out www.fidi.com for a list of certified international movers to ensure you are using a reputable and quality mover.

megmet Mar 15th 2011 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by kirstyp (Post 9241688)
Where about's in the UK?

Check out ---------------------- for a list of certified international movers to ensure you are using a reputable and quality mover.

This looks a lot like self advertising to me as you are in the removals business. :eek:

kirstyp Mar 15th 2011 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by megmet (Post 9241731)
This looks a lot like self advertising to me as you are in the removals business. :eek:

Not at all, you will see I have been posting in this forum for many years with impartial advice to try and help people have a safe move and avoid some of the pitfalls of international moving, as have many other current and past employees of the moving industry.

I don't ever actively encourage anyone to use our company and in discussion with the moderators of British Expats they see no reason not to put the details of who I work for in my footer to indicate why my posts should be credible.

Certiainly think that's better than alot of people who post in forums pretending to be real customers and giving 'opinions' on their competitors which sadly happens....

Sorry if my posts come accross as advertising, if I was simply advertising I wouldn't post the FIDI link as it's a big long list of all our competitors! :) Just suggesting the OP makes sure they are moving with a reputable company and I wish them all the best for their move.

Kirsty :)

paulntania Mar 15th 2011 8:14 pm

I have a large van and i'm taking some of my own items to spain soon, so depending where you are in the uk and how much you need to move we could maybe come to some arraingement.

Note: I'm not a business or touting for work (though i am fully insured to carry other peoples goods) just happen to be going the same way with a nearly empty van.

Regards,

Paul

jdr Mar 15th 2011 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by kirstyp (Post 9241756)
Not at all, you will see I have been posting in this forum for many years with impartial advice to try and help people have a safe move and avoid some of the pitfalls of international moving, as have many other current and past employees of the moving industry.

I don't ever actively encourage anyone to use our company and in discussion with the moderators of British Expats they see no reason not to put the details of who I work for in my footer to indicate why my posts should be credible.

Certiainly think that's better than alot of people who post in forums pretending to be real customers and giving 'opinions' on their competitors which sadly happens....

Sorry if my posts come accross as advertising, if I was simply advertising I wouldn't post the FIDI link as it's a big long list of all our competitors! :) Just suggesting the OP makes sure they are moving with a reputable company and I wish them all the best for their move.

Kirsty :)

But is it your own website ?

20. Member Signatures
Your signature can be used to promote your site, business, or other ventures as long as they relate to you personally,

paulntania Mar 15th 2011 9:26 pm

Hi JDR,

I can vouch for Bournes as i used to work close to their depot in Rye, East Sussex and have even used them myself !!

Regards,

Paul

jay01 Mar 18th 2011 10:03 pm

We had a nightmare move and hind sight is a great tool but you live and learn.

Before you move with whom ever you choose do a detailed inventory of every box, number each and every one and note how many you move so you can count them on and count them off. Get the insurance details including their policy number, company and address as they are not quite so forth coming when you need them, so for warned is for armed.

Keep things like laptops, jewellery and any valuables with you so you can account for them. I would also take photos as evidence that you have the items as we found out it becomes your word against theirs and even with receipts they refused to give us the insurance details, it would cost us more to pursue it through the courts to recover the cost of lost/stolen items than we are likely to get back, never believe the written references as who would post bad references so of course those posted will always be positive. If you do have to put things like jewellery boxes into transit with the company detail and photograph all items in the box as again it becomes our word that you had it and how often do we forget what we have until we want it by then it is to late, nearly 12 months on we are still coming across things we are only just realising we do not have.

Look at my post with reference to our problems but it is a lesson learned and I wish you a safe move, would hire a van and shift myself than hire a firm to do it.

johnnyone Mar 19th 2011 10:11 am

I used Irwins, a family business for a three piece suite and some other bits and pieces. They were very helpful but the big plus was they have their own storage in Spain, so held our stuff in storage until we were next over to our house in Spain.They then delivered at the time agreed. Would definately reccomend them.

http://www.irwinremovals.com/contact/index.html