Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Relocating to Costa Blanca north

Relocating to Costa Blanca north

Old Aug 12th 2019, 6:47 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Costa Blanca north

Originally Posted by Barriej
Would agree with most of these points. We live (in the Uk) about 6miles from Brighton and its busy all year round (pop about 270,000 with over 5million day visitors through the year). In fact we usually head there over Christmas and the pier is always busy.
We live in Spain (Xirles ) which is 7km from Benidorm and thats busy all year round as well, although quieter (and nicer) in winter.

There are however lots of seaside towns that are like ghost towns in the winters but sometimes thats not a bad thing, it allows the locals to be local and friendly with each other, and its possible that stuff is discounted because they are happy for the customers.
We too prefer off season. It is just too darn HOT and far too many tourists in July and August.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 7:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigufti
Thank you for your swift reply.
Sorry could you let me know why I should have an independent solicitor?
I can imagine to a have a clearer and more partial(my party) opinion?

​​I don't have a clue where to find one🤔
If you use the one suggested by the agents, then they are working for the agents and not for you, so some things may be 'overlooked' and they will do everything to get the sale through, an Independent one will work for YOU and should ensure that all things afe fully legal and there will be no hidden surprises.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Relocating to Costa Blanca north

Originally Posted by JezLynne
Hello we are an English family planning to relocate to the Jalon / Javea / Moraira area in the new year but are not sure as to which town to plan our search for properties. We have a 4 year old son, so schools will be very important plus we would like to be close to an expat community as we do not speak Spanish. We have heard that some of the coastal areas become very quiet during the low season so want to ensure that where we eventually move to has an active community all year round. Our initial plan is to rent a villa for around 6 months or so to enable us to get a good feel of the area. We have 2 dogs which we know can be an issue for some landlords. Jalon we know to be a very lively area but are struggling to find any rental properties that fit our criteria. There seem to be some lovely properties around the Moraira and Benissa areas but we're not sure about any expat communites around here. Thanks very much for any advice.
Best regards
Jez
:wave hi jez :we arrived in the costa blanca four years ago lock stock and barrel with the family (seven cats),,,we rented an old finca in teulada in the vine fields perfect for us, we wanted a home on the cost road between el portet, baladra, moraira.the homes we looked at were not nice,we unexpectedly we bought in the jalon valley.as you will find when you find the right home you just know it. it is a fantastic place to live for us.our dont live in spain is great and i love it,we are early retired so for us a bit different,ive been told a local schools are good dont really know.the area we live in is manly local Spanish with many european expats not all english, we made many friends, we know rentals are hard to find, go in the local shops bars and schools to ask very helpful, we all ways use local Spanish builders ,suppliers and locals you wont go wrong.as i said we have a wonderful live in spain hope you do too if i can help with information i will try there are many helpful people on this forum its just finding themif you do come too spain grab hold dont let go and join in with local its wonderful
Old Aug 13th 2019, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigufti
Hi All

We are currently viewing property with an agent called Donald Campbell owner of a company called Property Buyer Costa Blanca who as based in La Murada.

Has anyone used this agent and could comment on their experience with this agent? Thank You.
hi bigufti i would use an agent too find your home and thats all ... use independent local builders, legal ,people and dont trust every one you meet make sure the house is legal legal legal you can do this at the town hall
Old Aug 13th 2019, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

It’s for old people or coffin ⚰️ dodgers
Originally Posted by johnnyone
This link may be helpful.
Jávea U3A
don’t go to u3a

Last edited by el collado kid; Aug 13th 2019 at 3:00 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid
It’s for old people or coffin ⚰️ dodgers
don’t go to u3a

https://u3avalldelpop.com/index.php/about/about-us

There is no age requirement, merely that you are no longer in full time employment. You should give it a try, they maybe able to help you fill your time?
Old Aug 13th 2019, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonboy
https://u3avalldelpop.com/index.php/about/about-us

There is no age requirement, merely that you are no longer in full time employment. You should give it a try, they maybe able to help you fill your time?
I was a member for a year made my coffin ⚰️ don’t know where to put it
Old Aug 14th 2019, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was a member for a year made my coffin ⚰️ don’t know where to put it
My friend, you can run but you cannot hide
Old Aug 14th 2019, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonboy
My friend, you can run but you cannot hide
hola mate how are you to day good i hope good fun good laugh clears the wrinkles away
Old Aug 14th 2019, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see your "can do" attitude and I am sure you will do all you can to get it done.
It's just BREXIT.....some things could change quite adversely as far as next year is concerned, even as far as October is concerned. And you are powerless to influence that in general terms.

For God's sake do not commit any of your hard earned until that mess is settled! Plenty of opportunity to get your research done as regards where etc., but '"How" could change a lot.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lurchio
Great to see your "can do" attitude and I am sure you will do all you can to get it done.
It's just BREXIT.....some things could change quite adversely as far as next year is concerned, even as far as October is concerned. And you are powerless to influence that in general terms.

For God's sake do not commit any of your hard earned until that mess is settled! Plenty of opportunity to get your research done as regards where etc., but '"How" could change a lot.
hay lirchio 🤔 not sure??? When is the right time???
Old Aug 14th 2019, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

hola mate how are you to day good i hope good fun good laugh clears the wrinkles away

hay lirchio 🤔 not sure??? When is the right time???
NOT until Brexit is sorted. Common sense really, the way things are going, don't you think? Residency, tax, healthcare, Visas.......All up in the air. Not the best time to throw all your hard earned about until it's sorted. Won't be long!!!!!!

Have a look at the Gov.UK site for some pointers if it's 'no deal.........
Old Aug 14th 2019, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lurchio
NOT until Brexit is sorted. Common sense really, the way things are going, don't you think? Residency, tax, healthcare, Visas.......All up in the air. Not the best time to throw all your hard earned about until it's sorted. Won't be long!!!!!!

Have a look at the Gov.UK site for some pointers if it's 'no deal.........
it’s such a shame don’t you think 🤔 it will stop a lot of people coming l don’t mean brits we have a great life don’t you think
Old Aug 15th 2019, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if would be emigrees have even heard of Brexit much less understand the potentially profound implications for their plans if UK does crash out without a deal on Oct 31st.!
​​​​​​
Those of us who are already here and fully 'papered' don't really know what the future holds so planning a move when things are in such a state of flux is, IMO, little short of reckless.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
Sometimes I can't help but wonder if would be emigrees have even heard of Brexit much less understand the potentially profound implications for their plans if UK does crash out without a deal on Oct 31st.!
​​​​​​
Those of us who are already here and fully 'papered' don't really know what the future holds so planning a move when things are in such a state of flux is, IMO, little short of reckless.
hi notdunroamin,i do agree i dont think we would come to spain now or if at all, just glad i,m all legal and here now,but i do fill sad about the situation we are all in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.