Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Relocating to Costa Blanca north

Relocating to Costa Blanca north

Old Aug 6th 2018, 10:10 am
Just Joined

JezLynne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to Costa Blanca north

Hello we are an English family planning to relocate to the Jalon / Javea / Moraira area in the new year but are not sure as to which town to plan our search for properties. We have a 4 year old son, so schools will be very important plus we would like to be close to an expat community as we do not speak Spanish. We have heard that some of the coastal areas become very quiet during the low season so want to ensure that where we eventually move to has an active community all year round. Our initial plan is to rent a villa for around 6 months or so to enable us to get a good feel of the area. We have 2 dogs which we know can be an issue for some landlords. Jalon we know to be a very lively area but are struggling to find any rental properties that fit our criteria. There seem to be some lovely properties around the Moraira and Benissa areas but we're not sure about any expat communites around here. Thanks very much for any advice.
Best regards
Jez
Old Aug 10th 2018, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Natash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocating to Costa Blanca north

Hello Jez

Im in the same boat too! I spoke an English women in her thirty’s who as lived in Spain since she was 6 and grew up in Denia And now lives in Javea with her English husband and 8 yr old son. She told Javea has a great English community and they all help each other out. Even in winter.
I was thinking of renting my house out in uk and moving to Javea next year.
Best of British lol!

Natasha
Old Aug 11th 2018, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

This link may be helpful.
Jávea U3A
Old Aug 13th 2018, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

JezLynne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Natasha, thanks very much for your reply. I'd just about given up on this website after having read a couple of quite blunt "sick of the same old questions" type replies from the odd regular on here. So it's quite ironic that the only reply I got was from someone in the same position as me and it's greatly appreciated! I have heard that Javea is one of the nicer places to relocate to and is certainly one of the places we're going to check out. We'll have to sell our place in the UK before buying anything out there which may take time but hopefully if we rent somewhere in the mean time then it should give us a good idea before we buy. Thanks again and good luck with your ventures!
Best regards
Jez
Old Aug 15th 2018, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Natash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jez

would be great to stay in touch are you on fb ? I’m Natasha Matthew from Surrey

x
Old Aug 20th 2018, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Smurf183 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jez we are in the same boat, looking at Javea as seems to get a lot of thumbs up and ticks a lot of boxes. We have a 3 year old and I’m heading there in September to get NIE numbers talk to schools etc etc
with the intention of moving over in March. My biggest worry is getting her settled in with other kids and would be great to mix with other ex pats as well as locals. Good luck with the move and keep us updated and likewise here, all the best Carl
Old Aug 21st 2018, 8:07 am
Banned

Johncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to Costa Blanca Spain for some British may need some tolerance to a change of culture. Spain is a wonderful place and it may depend on where you lived in the UK and what you were use to.Coastal towns and cities tend to be populated by many British expats and in the high season many British tourists, so be prepared to accept some rowdiness and poor behaviour like drunkenness, urinating on the pavement, vomiting in the streets, hotel balcony urinating competitions over innocent guests.Inland is much different and the Spanish are mainly well behaved. However many Spanish must be hard of hearing because they can only shout instead of talk. Dogs barking and fireworks may take some getting use to. It seems a barking dog is compulsory and if Madrid get a free kick or a corner it’s like bonfire night.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Coastal towns and cities tend to be populated by many British expats and in the high season many British tourists, so be prepared to accept some rowdiness and poor behaviour like drunkenness, urinating on the pavement, vomiting in the streets, hotel balcony urinating competitions over innocent guests.

Really? Not where I have a place.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 4:16 pm
Banned

Johncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond reputeJohncarzx has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Jonnyone

There will always be exceptions. You missed the word ‘tend’, regularly or frequently behave in a particular way or have a certain characteristic. What is your point? If you live mainly in London it would not apply. Have a good day.

Last edited by Johncarzx; Aug 21st 2018 at 4:18 pm. Reason: Spacing as always.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Bigufti is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

We are currently viewing property with an agent called Donald Campbell owner of a company called Property Buyer Costa Blanca who as based in La Murada.

Has anyone used this agent and could comment on their experience with this agent? Thank You.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigufti
Hi All

We are currently viewing property with an agent called Donald Campbell owner of a company called Property Buyer Costa Blanca who as based in La Murada.

Has anyone used this agent and could comment on their experience with this agent? Thank You.
Hi we visited some properties with Donald and he's a nice bloke. Sadly none of the properties we looked at were suitable for us (my fault as we went looking for somewhere to turn into a B&B but ended up just buying a holiday home for now) and we changed the area we were looking in as well...
He knows his onions and has been in the area for quite some time. He has good knowledge and has a good network of builders etc if you need work doing.

But I would ensure that you use a totally independent solicitor.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Bigufti is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your swift reply.
Sorry could you let me know why I should have an independent solicitor?
I can imagine to a have a clearer and more partial(my party) opinion?

​​I don't have a clue where to find one🤔
Old Aug 12th 2019, 4:35 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JezLynne
Hi Natasha, thanks very much for your reply. I'd just about given up on this website after having read a couple of quite blunt "sick of the same old questions" type replies from the odd regular on here. So it's quite ironic that the only reply I got was from someone in the same position as me and it's greatly appreciated! I have heard that Javea is one of the nicer places to relocate to and is certainly one of the places we're going to check out. We'll have to sell our place in the UK before buying anything out there which may take time but hopefully if we rent somewhere in the mean time then it should give us a good idea before we buy. Thanks again and good luck with your ventures!
Best regards
Jez
That page has two sides. Many tire of answering the same questions from those who have done little or no homework. If you try reading similar posts to your own, you will get very good advice.

Any coastal town which serves as a holiday resort will be quieter in the winter. How busy is Torquay and Brighton out of season?

If you want to integrate, learn some Spanish. If you want to find out what is going on, subscribe to the local newspapers. Costa Blanca News is available online and delivery to UK by subscription https://www.costa-news.com/
Old Aug 12th 2019, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
That page has two sides. Many tire of answering the same questions from those who have done little or no homework. If you try reading similar posts to your own, you will get very good advice.

Any coastal town which serves as a holiday resort will be quieter in the winter. How busy is Torquay and Brighton out of season?

If you want to integrate, learn some Spanish. If you want to find out what is going on, subscribe to the local newspapers. Costa Blanca News is available online and delivery to UK by subscription https://www.costa-news.com/

Would agree with most of these points. We live (in the Uk) about 6miles from Brighton and its busy all year round (pop about 270,000 with over 5million day visitors through the year). In fact we usually head there over Christmas and the pier is always busy.
We live in Spain (Xirles ) which is 7km from Benidorm and thats busy all year round as well, although quieter (and nicer) in winter.

There are however lots of seaside towns that are like ghost towns in the winters but sometimes thats not a bad thing, it allows the locals to be local and friendly with each other, and its possible that stuff is discounted because they are happy for the customers.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bigufti
Thank you for your swift reply.
Sorry could you let me know why I should have an independent solicitor?
I can imagine to a have a clearer and more partial(my party) opinion?

​​I don't have a clue where to find one🤔

Having and independent solicitor will ensure that nothing is hidden from you. all of the legal paperwork will be in Spanish (although you will get a translated copy) but you have to rely on the solicitor to keep you informed.
We purchased a flat earlier this year and the solicitor told us of the extra tax we would be due, transferred over the utilities for us and held the deposit and the rest of our money (I work abroad a lot and could not guarentee to be available to sign paperwork)

Im not saying that you will be cheated, but the more you control the better.

There are lots of ads in the free papers available in most bars, or online Google can be your friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.