Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

registration on Padron - why they sendin me to police??

registration on Padron - why they sendin me to police??

Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

evelyn01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default registration on Padron - why they sendin me to police??

hi everyone

I was here earlier today, askin about taxes regarding residency etc...

Just found out - that the document which is required for the transport company in order to issue me the DUA document - is not residency, but Padron certificate.. I do not get, why those in Ayuntamiento are sendin me to Police to get residency before I can register on Padron-> (all I have is a yellow paper "SOLICITUD ALTA EN EL PADRON DE HABITANTES) with stample on it and the other Auntamiento de *adres* Padron Municipal (both just the copies of white originals... I read on here http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-maga...padronado.aspx that Padron has nothin to do with residencia - so those two things are in no relationship to each other -> so why they want me to go to POlice instead of issuing me some stupid certicficate??? (they told me twice "blablabla *spaniard talkin spanish -> me understanding a crap* blablabla policija nacionale blablablalbabalbalba..."
in police they told me I have to wait 2 weeks anyway because I m not workin here-...

can sombody please tell me his opinion??

thank you

Evelyn

Last edited by evelyn01; Jul 10th 2012 at 9:38 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:24 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: registration on Padron - why they sendin me to police??

You put your name on the Padron at the Town Hall, ISTR you need an NIE to register, otherwise they will send you away.

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...n-spain/padron
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:32 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evelyn01
hi everyone

I was here earlier today, askin about taxes regarding residency etc...

Just found out - that the document which is required for the transport company in order to issue me the DUA document - is not residency, but Padron certificate.. I do not get, why those in Ayuntamiento are sendin me to Police to get residency before I can register on Padron-> (all I have is a yellow paper "SOLICITUD ALTA EN EL PADRON DE HABITANTES) with stample on it and the other Auntamiento de *adres* Padron Municipal (both just the copies of white originals... I read on here http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-maga...padronado.aspx that Padron has nothin to do with residencia - so those two things are in no relationship to each other -> so why they want me to go to POlice instead of issuing me some stupid certicficate??? (they told me twice "blablabla *spaniard talkin spanish -> me understanding a crap* blablabla policija nacionale blablablalbabalbalba..."
in police they told me I have to wait 2 weeks anyway because I m not workin here-...

can sombody please tell me his opinion??

thank you

Evelyn
Are you pie eyed?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

OK, thats what I thought , but they seem to not understand what I need... this is what I have from the company:

ES UN CERTIFICADO DE PADRON,QUE CONFIRME QUE ESTAS REGISTRADO EN EL AYUNTAMIENTO, SI YA TE DISTE DE ALTA TE LO DEBEN FACILITAR ...

and other reply said in other words:

CERTIFICADO DEL AYUNTAMIENTO, CON LOS DATOS DE FECHA DE ALTA Y PROCEDENCIA DE REPUBLICA CHECA...

Why they insist on me goin to police bringin a residency certificate then??

Last edited by evelyn01; Jul 10th 2012 at 10:35 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:46 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Ayunmiento is the Town Hall not the police

there is nothing there about the police

sit down quietly with the FCO information and plot out the forms you need
NIE
Social Security
S1 registration
Padron

it can't be hard I managed the lot in 2 weeks back in January, well their offices were warmer than my house so it was better being there.

NIE opens up all the magic boxes as I have said in another post

rgds
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Domino
Ayunmiento is the Town Hall not the police

there is nothing there about the police

sit down quietly with the FCO information and plot out the forms you need
NIE
Social Security
S1 registration
Padron

it can't be hard I managed the lot in 2 weeks back in January, well their offices were warmer than my house so it was better being there.

NIE opens up all the magic boxes as I have said in another post

rgds
I think that people on here do not get what am I askin? In Ayunmiento - TOWN HALL (thanks for enlightenin me but I know it and mentioned it already) I filled up that two forms - yellow (I said the name of it above and the other one) - gave them copy of my contract for renting our house, passport copy, and NIE... they took it from me, left me with that backsides of those forms (yellow n greenish - with stample on the yellow one (date and somethin in it) and sent me to POLICE with it - to obtain some residency certificate -> and then they told me to comeback with the certificate from police - and after that - I WILL GET THE PADRON CERTIFICATE.... am I clear now?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:59 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I think that people on here do not get what am I askin? In Ayunmiento - TOWN HALL (thanks for enlightenin me but I know it and mentioned it already) I filled up that two forms - yellow (I said the name of it above and the other one) - gave them copy of my contract for renting our house, passport copy, and NIE... they took it from me, left me with that backsides of those forms (yellow n greenish - with stample on the yellow one (date and somethin in it) and sent me to POLICE with it - to obtain some residency certificate -> and then they told me to comeback with the certificate from police - and after that - I WILL GET THE PADRON CERTIFICATE.... am I clear now?
Well I cleary understand every word. Simples
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: registration on Padron - why they sendin me to police??

In order to be on the Padron you must be "Habitually Resident" at the address you give. If you are then it follows that you are a Resident of Spain and you must be on the Foreigners Register with the National Police. They do this to stop councils signing holiday home owners on the Padron to increase the subsidy they get from the Government for every person on the Padron.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 5:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

as John & Kath said - to get the padrón cert you first need to get a resident certificate

resident certificates are issued at the foreigners office which is often/usually located in a national police station

can I ask where you're from? It might make a dfference to the situation
Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:04 am

Evelyn I think we do know what you are asking.

When you registered on the Padron at the Town Hall you will have filled in a multipart NCR form, they will have given you one of the sheets. That is all you get for the Padron, no nice certificate to put on the wall or anything else. If anyone wants to see you are registered then you show them that.

You have been allocated an NIE "for life", if you have filled in the two forms available at the Extranjero office then one is for the NIE the other is for the Residencia and you will have paid €10.65 or something at a bank. You cannot have the second one without the first.

You seem to have everything, so please - where is the problem?

If you have any more problems pay an Abogado €80 or whatever the going rate is and they will sort it out for you.
kr
Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Evelyn I think we do know what you are asking.

When you registered on the Padron at the Town Hall you will have filled in a multipart NCR form, they will have given you one of the sheets. That is all you get for the Padron, no nice certificate to put on the wall or anything else. If anyone wants to see you are registered then you show them that.

You have been allocated an NIE "for life", if you have filled in the two forms available at the Extranjero office then one is for the NIE the other is for the Residencia and you will have paid €10.65 or something at a bank. You cannot have the second one without the first.

You seem to have everything, so please - where is the problem?

If you have any more problems pay an Abogado €80 or whatever the going rate is and they will sort it out for you.
kr
I don't think she has the resident cert though...................
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

We understand locally that the Police are now doing checks to see where you are living etc. etc before they are handing out padron certificates at the Town Hall
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:34 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by SueG
We understand locally that the Police are now doing checks to see where you are living etc. etc before they are handing out padron certificates at the Town Hall
are they actually going around to the property?? So a contract or whatever isn't enough now

I do remember that when my daughters went on the school bus a local policeman would ride round to the house to check the distance from school - & sometimes they would come to the house too, to make sure you actually did live there
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:17 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
When we went on the padron in Nerja 13 years ago we were renting. They sent a policeman round to check us out.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Fred James
When we went on the padron in Nerja 13 years ago we were renting. They sent a policeman round to check us out.
is that why we had a visit from 2 policia local the other evening ??
they seemed more perplexed than us, seemed more interested in properties rather than occupants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.