Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Registering with Spanish tax authorities,avdice??

Registering with Spanish tax authorities,avdice??

Old Oct 28th 2014, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

lee1lpool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registering with Spanish tax authorities,avdice??

Hi all,

I`m trying to pay my none residents tax, but have to overcome a couple of hurdles.

According to the agency I`m using to pay this tax state, to process my 210 form I have to be registered with the Spanish tax authorities. I`m not registered.

The other, is I need the actual cadastral value. I`m not liable for IBI tax for 2014, because I was not the owner of my property at the start of 2014. I start to pay it in 2015. Therefore, I have no IBI receipts stating the catastral value. I received one letter from SUMA confirming change of titular and IBI details for 2015. But no information about cadastral value.

My agency said it`s simple to register with the tax authorities in Spain by attending the local office with my NIE,passport etc. Is there a way of doing it online or through a solicitor in the UK? Also is it possible to obtain my cadastral value online,or another way?

Thank you,

Lee
Old Oct 28th 2014, 2:08 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering with Spanish tax authorities,avdice??

Originally Posted by lee1lpool
Hi all,

I`m trying to pay my none residents tax, but have to overcome a couple of hurdles.

According to the agency I`m using to pay this tax state, to process my 210 form I have to be registered with the Spanish tax authorities. I`m not registered.

The other, is I need the actual cadastral value. I`m not liable for IBI tax for 2014, because I was not the owner of my property at the start of 2014. I start to pay it in 2015. Therefore, I have no IBI receipts stating the catastral value. I received one letter from SUMA confirming change of titular and IBI details for 2015. But no information about cadastral value.

My agency said it`s simple to register with the tax authorities in Spain by attending the local office with my NIE,passport etc. Is there a way of doing it online or through a solicitor in the UK? Also is it possible to obtain my cadastral value online,or another way?

Thank you,

Lee
When you purchased the property, you SHOULD have been given a copy of the previous years IBI payment. This would prove to you that it has been paid. On this bill, it shows the cadastral value.

The cadastral details are held on line but I don't think that they show values.

I think to register with hacienda, you have to go in person (but I could be wrong about this).

NON-RESIDENT tax is quite simple to do so I would recommend you do try and register as this will save you oodles.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Will you not get an IBI this July/Aug which will have you valor cadastral on ? Remember you have until 31 December 2015 to pay your non resident tax for 2014 as it is paid in arears.. So that would give you plenty of time. When I had a problem re our IBI I got it sorted out not at the Hacienda but at an Office called Patronto Re Recaudacion Provincial, they had all the information on computer and printed it off for me. I am confused re the tax registration as surely there were taxes you paid when buying the property so surely you must be registered? If you look on the previous thread re this from last week I put a link on for how to pay it yourself and a link to the site for online 210 which having completed it you print it off sign and date it then take it to bank and pay. It really is very easy to do and as snikpoh says will save you quite a bit of money.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about it I did attend the hacienda and register which is when they gave me the stickers needed for the old non resident tax form. Sorry about that.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice. I did not receive an IBI pervious bill at the notary. I`m due over again I December so still have time...thank you
Old Oct 31st 2014, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lee if you are having problems try these. Spanish Tax Forms Ltd: Save money! Do your own tax return.
They are really efficient, in the UK and there is a free phone UK tel no on the contact us bit. I know a friend contacted with a problem, they sorted it out no problem. Plus their price is very good and worth paying to get you started after which you can easily do it yourself. Hope this helps costs nowt to give them a bell
Old Oct 31st 2014, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bob, that`s the company agency I used, but they could not process my tax forms because I`m not registered with the Spanish tax authorities. Think there`s not much I can do until my next trip to Alicante and register then. Yea they are very good, I phoned them. The owner was very helpful.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK Lee good luck, it was quite easy for us to get registered at the Hacienda they were quite helpful from what I remember.