Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

registering for payment of non residents poroperty tax

registering for payment of non residents poroperty tax

Old Feb 15th 2013, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: registering for payment of non residents poroperty tax

Originally Posted by mikeglover
Many thanks Sue. Dont suppose you know of a good, English speaking gestor in the Pinoso area?
If you fancy a trip when you are next over we are only about an hour away! I have friends that have a holiday home in Pinoso. What we will need to see is your last SUMA bill and have a copy of your passports and NIES
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:16 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
If you fancy a trip when you are next over we are only about an hour away! I have friends that have a holiday home in Pinoso. What we will need to see is your last SUMA bill and have a copy of your passports and NIES
When you say SUMA, for Mike's benefit and my knowledge, do you mean IBI?

I assume SUMA are the company that collect the IBI in that area?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sue is referring to the last IBI bill as that is the one that has required information on, I belive some refer to it as SUMA?
Old Feb 18th 2013, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry yes meant IBI - around us we tend to say SUMA!
Old Feb 18th 2013, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: registering for payment of non residents poroperty tax

Originally Posted by SueG
Sorry yes meant IBI - around us we tend to say SUMA!
Is not SUMA the name of the Provincial collection company who collect IBI payments on behalf of a number of local authorities. In Huelva Province that company is called Gestion Tributaria and they collect for the local authorities not just IBI but car tax and other payments. They seem to have a very good IT system and all offices are well connected so that you can do things in offices remote from where you live.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Suma is the tax collection agency for most (but all) towns in the Alicante region.

Amongst other things it collects IBI, IVTM (road tax) etc. There are offices in most towns, and as John&Kath says like Gestion Tributaria in their area, they provide an excellent online service. I can access all my information and pay online.

Last edited by CapnBilly; Feb 18th 2013 at 7:37 am.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 8:41 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

just to confirm we have GT in Granada, all computerised, went in to pay my first road tax and it was all over in a few minutes which included the time to raise me/vehicle as new to the list.

all done by a guy in his 50's typing with 2 forefingers.

`
Old Feb 18th 2013, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
Suma is the tax collection agency for most (but all) towns in the Alicante region.

Amongst other things it collects IBI, IVTM (road tax) etc. There are offices in most towns, and as John&Kath says like Gestion Tributaria in their area, they provide an excellent online service. I can access all my information and pay online.
Originally Posted by Domino
just to confirm we have GT in Granada, all computerised, went in to pay my first road tax and it was all over in a few minutes which included the time to raise me/vehicle as new to the list.

all done by a guy in his 50's typing with 2 forefingers.

`
Yes Dom the Guy in our local office is really switched on and very helpful and with his two fingers can get almost anything out of his computer and will print everything there and then for you.

I had never thought to look online Bill but yes they are there

www.sgth.es

they do not seem to be set up for payment online or personal interrogation but I know we can pay through our bank Banco Popular and they list all other banks that they relate with.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I had never thought to look online Bill but yes they are there

www.sgth.es

they do not seem to be set up for payment online or personal interrogation but I know we can pay through our bank Banco Popular and they list all other banks that they relate with.
It's probably under Oficina Virtual. You need a digital ID, but it looks though you can access it via your online bank. You certainly can with Suma. When I banked with BBVA ( which I don't now because I got sick of the charges and queues) you just logged onto BBVA and there was an option to go into the Suma office. SGTH looks the same to me, or a straightforward login if you have a digital ID.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
It's probably under Oficina Virtual. You need a digital ID, but it looks though you can access it via your online bank. You certainly can with Suma. When I banked with BBVA ( which I don't now because I got sick of the charges and queues) you just logged onto BBVA and there was an option to go into the Suma office. SGTH looks the same to me, or a straightforward login if you have a digital ID.
The Digital ID is a project too far for me at the moment but maybe next year!