Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Registering an english child for a spanish infant school

Registering an english child for a spanish infant school

Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

LolaRose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registering an english child for a spanish infant school

I'm looking to register my daughter at a spanish infant school and just wondered what the process was. We've found a school that we really like so do we now just approach them direct or is there an online application or something? Feel a bit clueless about it all!

My daughter will be 4 in april.

Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 4:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering an english child for a spanish infant school

Originally Posted by LolaRose
I'm looking to register my daughter at a spanish infant school and just wondered what the process was. We've found a school that we really like so do we now just approach them direct or is there an online application or something? Feel a bit clueless about it all!

in my area you have to go through the Ayuntamiento & they allocate a school based on where you live - but it doesn't hurt to approach the school directly sometimes

they will tell you if there is a place available & tell you exactly what you need to do in your area - it does vary slightly in different places - even from school to school in the same town sometimes!!

registration for next September will be opening soon, but you might get your child in before the end of the school year - bearing in mind that the Easter hols start next week & when they return it's only about 10 weeks until the loooong summer hols
Old Mar 27th 2012, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

pixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nice

Originally Posted by LolaRose

Hi! I have a 6yr old daughter who has been attending a public school here for a year now. By infant school, do you mean the infantil of a public school? My daughter is in the 3rd year of infantil and in september will be in 1st primaria of the same school.

I was very late in registering her (not until september!) but i went to the ayuntamiento and they sent me to the education dept where i met with a nice lady who rang around to see where there was a place, and luckily there was a spot in the school i wanted. Im not 100% sure how things work when you are registering on time...but definitely go to the ayuntamiento, or straight to the education dept if you know where that is. They will tell you everything!

Good luck! Your daughter will love school...it is really fun here!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

LolaRose is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice, it's very helpful.

Yes Pixieve, I do mean the infantil of a public school. Off to the ayuntamiento we go then...