Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Recommending an agent

Recommending an agent

Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:06 pm
  #31  
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle
 
MnM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Getting In Touch With My Dysfunctional Side...
Posts: 1,926
MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by Goldberg Global
Ok, fair play. Point taken

Is a bit bizarre but basically we can recommend all our co agents and friends, and that is considered ok. Mmm. Hey, I understand no self promo.
Hi Goldberg and welcome,

Why don't you just put your website on your profile under the heading Signature....that way, whoever is interested can contact you through there
MnM is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:08 pm
  #32  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,460
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Goldberg and welcome,

Why don't you just put your website on your profile under the heading Signature....that way, whoever is interested can contact you through there
That can be done? Well that IS bizarre!
Mitzyboy is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:08 pm
  #33  
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle
 
MnM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Getting In Touch With My Dysfunctional Side...
Posts: 1,926
MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by Goldberg Global
Hey Martha, you have not met me then, I am completely trustworthy. Well I think I am! Lying, Blagging, Falsehoods, no, does not sit with me well. Hey, there are some good people around. I must say there is alot of unscrupulous people around too. More liers than truth sayers. For sure.
Yes, true enough.

I have not met you and if what you say is true, then it would be like a breath of fresh air

Welcome again,
Martha
MnM is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:09 pm
  #34  
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle
 
MnM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Getting In Touch With My Dysfunctional Side...
Posts: 1,926
MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
That can be done? Well that IS bizarre!
Yes, I've seen quite a few with their websites posted under what would be my "Come to the Darkside" pic
MnM is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:10 pm
  #35  
Forum Regular
 
Darren's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 49
Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Yes, ref. Signature is done.

Martha. Fresh air, it would like a revelation!
Darren is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:11 pm
  #36  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,156
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by Goldberg Global
But you can still set it up.

Persons A eg. I know of a great agent in xyz location.

Would you like to know who they are.

Person B . Yes that would be helpful. Please tell me.

Is a bit simple but that is basically fairly simple way to abuse the rule. Would you not agree. You are setting it up. Pinky recommends Perky and vice versa.
True, but we are a friendly lot on here and try to help each other out when we can.
I dont think you are the first one to work this out. ;-)
I am sure everyone realises you are an agent and if they need your services will contact you, you dont really need to tell us on every post.
jdr is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:16 pm
  #37  
Forum Regular
 
Darren's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 49
Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Noble causes, (ref - we are trying to help people out, and you are aware how easy it is to promote other friends, contacts) now, lets get back to the real question, to recommend an agent!

I know some people let me know if you want their details. I am smiling when I right this to see what interesting thread this is..
Darren is offline  
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:15 am
  #38  
Sue
BE Co-Founder
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,928
Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by Goldberg Global
Fair enough no self promotion, but like Mitzyboy, see post 2, we can recommend our friends or personal contacts? What is the difference? Wheres the consistency?
Can't see why you don't understand this. We don't allow forum posts to be used as a medium for advertising/self promotion. We have to have this rule otherwise the forums would be littered with advertising posts.

Asking for people to recommend a service/business they've used isn't advertising because they don't own the business and instead are sharing useful information. You on the other have posted all over the forum on this site trying to promote your business, that is considered spam and is not considered good forum etiquette. I'm sure if you owned a forum you would not expect us to come along and make loads of posts promoting BE, and as we don't do this sort of thing we expect the same courtesy.

We offer many other opportunities for members to promote their businesses including their signatures, the connections forum, the links page and the classifieds.
Sue is offline  
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:34 pm
  #39  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: sheffield & place in la marina
Posts: 518
jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by MnM
jeanc,

Alcalali is about 5 klm from where we live (Jalon) and about 20 minutes to the coast of Benissa.
Hi mnm going to have a drive up when me n hubby are in spain. Any tips on areas to avoid/visit cos may look on think spain web site and maybe get a couple of viewings. Anything you could tell me would be helpfull. Are there any international schools aroun there for example,
jeanc is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:22 am
  #40  
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle
 
MnM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Getting In Touch With My Dysfunctional Side...
Posts: 1,926
MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by jeanc
Hi mnm going to have a drive up when me n hubby are in spain. Any tips on areas to avoid/visit cos may look on think spain web site and maybe get a couple of viewings. Anything you could tell me would be helpfull. Are there any international schools aroun there for example,
Hi jeanc,

Sorry for the late reply. Just got back from work and I'm a wreck....and still got to do some cooking.

There's an international school here in Jalon (Lliber) and it's quite popular, but as I don't have any school aged children, I wouldn't be able to give you any further information except for the addresses below:

The Lady Elizabeth Schools
Junior School:
Address: Seniola 70, Calle Cantallops 37, Cruce de Benitachel, Apartado de Correos 233, Javea 03730, (Alicante), Spain
Telephone / Fax: 34 96 579 02 52
E-mail: [email protected]

Senior School:
Address: Ctra Benissa-Jalon s/n, 03729 Lliber, Alicante, Spain
Telephone: 34 96 573 19 60
Fax: 34 96 573 25 77

E-mail: [email protected]
Website: www.theladyelizabethschool.com

Also on this website there are more schools with addresses and websites.

As for areas to avoid, well I think that's a difficult question. Calpe is full of English/Germans/Scandinavians.

Benissa is more Spanish, but the coastal properties/villas again have all the above expats.

Jalon is a mixture of expats and Spaniards and alot quieter than the coast, prices are not as inexpensive as one would think though.

Lliber is a beautiful town but suffers from ONE one-way street and parking...prices are very high.

Alcalali I have heard is nice and quiet and prices are still reasonable.

Then there is Moraira, which is almost dead in the winter time. I think the only thing open is the Chinese restaurant and a few cafes. Other than that it feels like a ghost town in winter, except for Friday when the market is on.

Javea is always busy (alive with people all year round) and loads of British expats.

I need to go cook now.....I'm starving....
MnM is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:05 am
  #41  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: sheffield & place in la marina
Posts: 518
jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi jeanc,

Sorry for the late reply. Just got back from work and I'm a wreck....and still got to do some cooking.

There's an international school here in Jalon (Lliber) and it's quite popular, but as I don't have any school aged children, I wouldn't be able to give you any further information except for the addresses below:

The Lady Elizabeth Schools
Junior School:
Address: Seniola 70, Calle Cantallops 37, Cruce de Benitachel, Apartado de Correos 233, Javea 03730, (Alicante), Spain
Telephone / Fax: 34 96 579 02 52
E-mail: [email protected]

Senior School:
Address: Ctra Benissa-Jalon s/n, 03729 Lliber, Alicante, Spain
Telephone: 34 96 573 19 60
Fax: 34 96 573 25 77

E-mail: [email protected]
Website: www.theladyelizabethschool.com

Also on this website there are more schools with addresses and websites.

As for areas to avoid, well I think that's a difficult question. Calpe is full of English/Germans/Scandinavians.

Benissa is more Spanish, but the coastal properties/villas again have all the above expats.

Jalon is a mixture of expats and Spaniards and alot quieter than the coast, prices are not as inexpensive as one would think though.

Lliber is a beautiful town but suffers from ONE one-way street and parking...prices are very high.

Alcalali I have heard is nice and quiet and prices are still reasonable.

Then there is Moraira, which is almost dead in the winter time. I think the only thing open is the Chinese restaurant and a few cafes. Other than that it feels like a ghost town in winter, except for Friday when the market is on.

Javea is always busy (alive with people all year round) and loads of British expats.

I need to go cook now.....I'm starving....
Thanx for the info
jeanc is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:37 am
  #42  
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle
 
MnM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Getting In Touch With My Dysfunctional Side...
Posts: 1,926
MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by jeanc
Thanx for the info
No pasa nada!

I'm just wondering how coherent my post was now

I've finally had a bite to eat and feeling alot more human.....what a day!
MnM is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:39 am
  #43  
Forum Regular
 
Big_john's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Galicia
Posts: 264
Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by MnM
No pasa nada!

I'm just wondering how coherent my post was now

I've finally had a bite to eat and feeling alot more human.....what a day!
Mnm,

You sound extremely busy at the moment, is this normal or have you shedloads to do before your break ......and how is the Artist doing with his airbrushing
Big_john is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:09 am
  #44  
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle
 
MnM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Getting In Touch With My Dysfunctional Side...
Posts: 1,926
MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by Big_john
Mnm,

You sound extremely busy at the moment, is this normal or have you shedloads to do before your break ......and how is the Artist doing with his airbrushing
Hiya Big John,

This is a normal day, topped with everything that needs to be done while we will be away for 7 days. We were working the whole weekend again too!

We are seriously looking for an escape.....we need to start working to live not living to work. I am absolutely exhausted and Michael is both exhausted and fed up. He has some orders (for airbrushing) but no time to actually sit down and do them.

How are things with you?

Martha

P.S. Anyone know of a "character" type gallery up for rent? If so, drop me a line
MnM is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:49 am
  #45  
Forum Regular
 
Big_john's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Galicia
Posts: 264
Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by MnM
Hiya Big John,

This is a normal day, topped with everything that needs to be done while we will be away for 7 days. We were working the whole weekend again too!

We are seriously looking for an escape.....we need to start working to live not living to work. I am absolutely exhausted and Michael is both exhausted and fed up. He has some orders (for airbrushing) but no time to actually sit down and do them.

How are things with you?

Martha

P.S. Anyone know of a "character" type gallery up for rent? If so, drop me a line
Things here are pretty ...at the moment.
Where are you looking to rent a gallery ?

I do hope that things can change around for Mr M to start to get some airbrushing for some pennies, don't forget that the concentrations will be starting in this next month or so

Is Michael not doing any art at the moment, as you say he is fed up ....I hope that the break will do both you and him some good

You need some Karma being sent to you, it's on it's way
Big_john is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.