Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Recommending an agent

Recommending an agent

Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of
Default Recommending an agent

Hello,
We shall be off to Valencia in a week or so to see the lie of the land so to speak. Having looked through many property websites....does anyone have anyone they had dealings with they'd would be happy to recommend? Thankyou for your time, J.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:36 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommending an agent

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
Hello,
We shall be off to Valencia in a week or so to see the lie of the land so to speak. Having looked through many property websites....does anyone have anyone they had dealings with they'd would be happy to recommend? Thankyou for your time, J.
Mike Kirtley
Spanish Selection
www.spanishselection.com

Couldn't fault his service, and other people on here recommend him. He's also a mean Pool player
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:47 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
I would love to be able to help, littlelambfound, but cannot honestly say with hand on heart that I could recommend anyone as being totally trustworthy.

Remember to always keep your eyes and ears wide open and research any property that interests you thoroughly.

Best of luck
Martha
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:56 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Hello,
We spent all easter there and found a fantastic property service called plumproperties.sa.
They are so helpful, took us to the local schools, took us to open our bank account, helped us with the solicitor, the police station for our i.d applications, nothing is too much trouble, highly recommended!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
We spent all easter there and found a fantastic property service called plumproperties.sa.
They are so helpful, took us to the local schools, took us to open our bank account, helped us with the solicitor, the police station for our i.d applications, nothing is too much trouble, highly recommended!
could you tell me where their offices are ? thanks
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:09 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Recommending an agent

[email protected]
(0034) 638 700 404
(0034) 680 929 772

The couple are called Brig and Phil, the other partner is Nick, he is the one that deals with all the paperwork side of things, he helped us open the bank account, get the N.I.E numbers applied for from the police , and sorted the solicitors meeting,who also was very good, English speaking very nice guy!
Brig and Phil took us to the schools (they organised it with the Heads) and gave us lots of help generally.
Don't think you could go wrong really if you use them!
Good Luck!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

[email protected]
(0034) 638 700 404
(0034) 680 929 772

The couple are called Brig and Phil, the other partner is Nick, he is the one that deals with all the paperwork side of things, he helped us open the bank account, get the N.I.E numbers applied for from the police , and sorted the solicitors meeting,who also was very good, English speaking very nice guy!
Brig and Phil took us to the schools (they organised it with the Heads) and gave us lots of help generally.
Don't think you could go wrong really if you use them!
Good Luck!!
That sounds great and you are lucky to have found them...But....as advised so many times on this forum, beware of the in house solicitors..they could have an interest...good luck with your search...
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:16 pm
Fed up in England!!

OH Gawd! you've got me worrying now! how do i find out if he's got an interest, if he has, how could that affect the transaction?
I know he did all the conveyency work on this house when it was sold to the present owner, which is why he's giving us a better deal as much of the info is still on file, what do you suggest?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

OH Gawd! you've got me worrying now! how do i find out if he's got an interest, if he has, how could that affect the transaction?
I know he did all the conveyency work on this house when it was sold to the present owner, which is why he's giving us a better deal as much of the info is still on file, what do you suggest?
well you cant really - generally if an agent takes you to a bank or solicitor they will get a commission for the introduction - thats just how it works

but it doesnt necessarily mean that anything underhand is going on - unless you class that as dodgy
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:57 pm
Fed up in England!!

I don't mind that, everyone has to make a Euro somehow! I don't really mind anyway as the service we're getting is so good at no extra cost . We'd have taken much longer to sort out what we needed to do by ourselves!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Silverchick,
I would be the last person to try to make you worry, It all sounds very straightforward and above board and it is not for me to suggest what you do, my only concern was that on the forum I have seen a lot of advice about buying property, some agents (not all) offer the services of an in house Solicitor and this has caused problems, as he has had more of the agents interest at heart rather than the Clients, again I am not suggesting this is the case with your agent but as MnM says above (Remember to always keep your eyes and ears wide open and research any property that interests you thoroughly)..I am sure there are many more versed and eloquent forum members on here who have posted on this topic before who will give you the benefit of their advice...hopefully that is what the forum is about, to give advice and make people think before making any decisions...that is what it has done for me anyway.....
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its standard advice really to have an independent abogado, as there have been people with problems who used in house and the abogados were not, shall I say, as thorough as they should have been. Its common sense really.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:35 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

My advice is, have an independent solicitor, even if it will cost you a few Euros more. At least that way you will know that everything is above board and that your solicitor is working for you and you alone.

It took us 2 years to straighten out a clients papers after he had used an in house solicitor when he bought his property (no habitation certificate, no electricity, M2 wrong on deeds, illegal garage.....you get the picture).

Best to be safe than sorry...

Martha

P.S Another story we just heard today from a couple of friends. They received a Suma bill requiring them to pay €2,600 for Plus Valia (which is capital gains tax) on their property. Now the plus valia is supposed to be paid by the seller. But, in their case, the seller was a non-resident and pissed off back to where ever he was from and, therefore, the tax is then put on the property by the Spanish authorities and the present owner has to pay (they have had their property for 3 years now and only got this bill last week). So in effect they are paying the seller's capital gains tax!

Last edited by MnM; Apr 14th 2007 at 12:43 am.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

I don't mind that, everyone has to make a Euro somehow! I don't really mind anyway as the service we're getting is so good at no extra cost . We'd have taken much longer to sort out what we needed to do by ourselves!
Hi Silverchick,

Have you asked for a Nota Simple on the property, if not ask the agent for one as you would like to see it.

This is a normal request by any prospective buyer on any property, and I would never purchase any property in Spain without one.
It should take the agents 1 day to get a Nota Simple for you, which will show any outstanding bills, such as Mortgages, Multas (fines), or any other leons on the property.

Never buy any property without one.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Mike Kirtley
Spanish Selection
www.spanishselection.com

Couldn't fault his service, and other people on here recommend him. He's also a mean Pool player
Just had a look on their website and seen a lovely house higher up the coast than I'd been looking, now i'm even more confused!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.