Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Recommendation for Ibiza hols with teens/Young adults?

Recommendation for Ibiza hols with teens/Young adults?

Old Nov 10th 2014, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Rose of the Shires will become famous soon enough
Default Recommendation for Ibiza hols with teens/Young adults?

Hello -Hope this is the right place to post. I've wandered over from my usual lurking place in the US forum to delurk and ask you kindly Spain folks if anyone has any great nuggets of advice re. the trip that my sister and I are planning for next year-probably in July. We are proving to be a bit clueless and not really getting anywhere.

Here's the situation...I live in the US, with my 3 kids, 22, 19, 16, and my sister lives in the UK, with her 3 kids, 20, 17 y/o twins. As her kids will be 21 and 18 next year, we want to meet up for a celebration/ holiday for their birthdays. We were thinking Ibiza for the clubbing scene for the young uns,. Hoping to find somewhere close to a good club scene, but preferably not massively druggy-relatively safe, as my youngest will only be 17. Also my lot (don't flame me) having been raised in the US aren't very 'streetwise'-not angels by any stretch of the imagination, but don't want them (or the UK ones, come to that) to get out of their depth. Also need nightlife for the Mums...not hardcore clubbing-but something reasonably lively-not ready for bingo and cocoa just yet. Neither of us are taking our husbands, but we're not going to be on the pull...as it were...so no old gimmers meat markets lol

Soooo...can anyone suggest where we should be looking? Which towns would be good? Any suggestions of resorts? Places to stay? Anyone had a similar Ibiza trip with teens? Will the 17 year old even be able to get in to a club? We'd like to be near a beach or really nice pool as all love to swim. Also need to keep the cost down as much as possible-self catering would be OK, or B&B, reasonable cost hotel also-open to suggestions The US contingent will be going to the UK first, then flying from there with the UK party, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendation for Ibiza hols with teens/Young adults?

I have moved this post from Siesta time into the main Spain forum for you.

Rosemary