Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Recepción a la casa del cuco !

Recepción a la casa del cuco !

Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recepción a la casa del cuco !

Morning all,

Thanks to all for my warm welcome back to BE, it's been quite a difficult couple of months...nothing unusual really in Bhudda world.

Managed to get down to Espana in September, this time flying into Alicante.
Nice airport, never been that way before, very quiet ( not in high season I bet), from there drove up to Javea, also a first, lovely area, all round Montgo is beautiful and the coast is lovely.
Met a lovely lady in Javea town who looked after me very well.
Went to a strange cafe bar down by the beach, can't remember the name but bought some cheap as chips breakfasts and when the bill came up I was given two bottles of wine ???, I thought how can these guys stay in business.....until I tasted the wine !!!...still it saved buying loo cleaner..god knows what it did to the cesspit though, it will take the bacteria eon's to recover from that.
Went to a fantastic garden centre on the road out of Javea and bought some plants for my host, what a place , some fantastic palms at E1000 per metre !! gave those a miss this time but got some small ones for the house.

Time to head south on what I thought was an easy 4/5 hour journey....wrong, it started to rain just outside Javea and Pi**ed down all the way to Granada(4 1/2 hours) good road though, by this time the excesses of the past evening were starting to grab hold, those of you who know the area will realize the rest of the journey to the Axarquia is virtually all mountain roads through Alhama de Granada, again black skies and pouring rain, by the time I got to the house (another 2 hours) I was ready to surrender !
Still no doors on the house but all the floor tiling now finished, outside stairs done and all tiling round the house completed, water main now connected also met the guy from the leccy company and did the survey for the pylon I am buying, should all be run into the house by now.
Went to visit Paco the wood carpenter, he has virtually finished all the internal doors and they should be fitted next week, also met Rafa the painter who is starting prep work.
Went down to Malaga a couple of times and finally chose a kitchen, it should look great when installed, the plumber has re jigged the shower pipework which they managed to cock up between them but still waiting for the shower tiles to be replaced from my last visit.
Did manage to get a bit of escape and get lost in the mountains for a while.

It was a bit of a surprise but the Junta has approved some money for the road to the village, so big diggers have been hacking the mountains about , widening the road and laying new tarmac....I miss the old road..keeps people out...But nature has a way !, within days of it being finished the rain was so heavy half the mountain had collapsed onto the new road turning it back into the old road !!

Arrived back home on the 8th October and moved on the 10th ( whyyyyyy)
I wont go into that, needless to say, I was supposed to be out of the house by 1pm and eventually got out at 3.30, it was chaos, 6 removal trucks outside my house( a narrow lane) 4 of mine 2 of theirs and them standing outside waiting to get in....but thats over now, had a while to get used to the new place, it's really quiet apart from the church bells but nice.
On top of that lot a good dose of poor health really finished it of nicely.
Now waiting for Architect to finish plans so I can start ripping this place apart...cant wait.
going again on the 13 December for a couple of weeks and should really see progress then, I will take some more piccys as this time I took mostly video.

Sorry its been a bit long but you did ask..bet you regret that now...Wake up I said....
Attached Thumbnails Recepción a la casa del cuco !-kitchen.jpg   Recepción a la casa del cuco !-dscn0619.jpg   Recepción a la casa del cuco !-dscn0612.jpg   Recepción a la casa del cuco !-23-06-07-4-.jpg   Recepción a la casa del cuco !-dscn0576.jpg  

Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:50 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recepción a la casa del cuco !

Hey that all looks fantastic BB, very impressive finish and love the wine rack
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hey that all looks fantastic BB, very impressive finish and love the wine rack
Thanks Mitzy, I am getting a bit fed up with it now, be glad when its done, he messed up the wine rack, I wanted the oven and microwave in the bottom and all the rest wine....
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:57 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Four removal vans? Where did you live....Buckingham palace?

The house looks fab, I bet you cant wait for your first sleep night in it
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Four removal vans? Where did you live....Buckingham palace?

The house looks fab, I bet you cant wait for your first sleep night in it

Windsor actually....think it will be next year now to be honest only got a dining table and chairs at the mo, wood burner is on its way and second fix heating underway..bloody cold up there in the winter..
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

PM me the address of the house immediately so that I can go and collect the tiled steps and the lovely patterned floor because they belong in MY houe not yours. Thanks for the update, it is never a smooth event dealing with builders and they will be gone eventually, honest. Sounds like you had breakfast at Scallops, can recommend their red wine for making bolognese or cleaning paint brushes and the white is good for clearing drains but it is definitely not drinkable.

Rosemary
Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
6 removal trucks outside my house

¿¿¿¿ 6 (six) removal trucks ????
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Oddities
PM me the address of the house immediately so that I can go and collect the tiled steps and the lovely patterned floor because they belong in MY houe not yours. Thanks for the update, it is never a smooth event dealing with builders and they will be gone eventually, honest. Sounds like you had breakfast at Scallops, can recommend their red wine for making bolognese or cleaning paint brushes and the white is good for clearing drains but it is definitely not drinkable.

Rosemary
Spot on Rosemary it was Scallops, I actually used the white when I ran out of fuel just outside Granada..nitrox I think

I have pm'd the address but watch out for the neighbours..especially the ones in the HOUSE ON THE HILL....

Now I know how you got him naked on his knee's...Scallops Vino..
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Now I know how you got him naked on his knee's...Scallops Vino..
Got it in one. Not a pretty sight at all...... so he is banned from Scallops wine indefinitely.

Rosemary
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hey BB

Great to have you posting in such great style again
Wow! Your house is looking fantastic; I hope you're pleased with how it's coming along?
I love the decor and the flow of the place
Thank you for posting the photos.
I know it seems like a slow process at times, but you must be very excited at the prospect of it all nearing completion.
I think you've done brilliantly to manage the project whilst still being in the UK - good on you!

Are you seriously in Windsor?
That is one of my all time favourite places to visit, because I have such wonderful memories of going there with my wonderful Grandparents when I was a child

You have to tell us a bit more about those 4 removal vans of yours!!!!????

It sounds like you've taken on another project with this new house of yours, so I hope that all works out well for you.
Please do keep us posted as to how everything is going; it's so good to have you back

Love and hugs,
from Sam x
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

PS Just re-read your post, and saw that you've been proper poorly too

Hope Nursey was using her best bedside manner, and was keeping you dosed up on all your usual medication................and a bit more!?

Are you all better now, or still a bit under the weather?
Hope you're feeling OK - sending you good health vibes