Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Recce to Ayamonte in February

Recce to Ayamonte in February

Old Jan 5th 2020, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Snowbird1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recce to Ayamonte in February

Hi All, I am a new member to the BE forum (this is my first ever forum participation, so apologies for any mistakes). Born in London, moved to Canada in 1980. Now retired and looking to winter in a warmer climate. I am making a recce visit to Ayamonte in February and would appreciate any advice re: real estate, golfing options, places to eat and meet to get a feel for things.
Old Jan 5th 2020, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recce to Ayamonte in February

Originally Posted by Snowbird1
Hi All, I am a new member to the BE forum (this is my first ever forum participation, so apologies for any mistakes). Born in London, moved to Canada in 1980. Now retired and looking to winter in a warmer climate. I am making a recce visit to Ayamonte in February and would appreciate any advice re: real estate, golfing options, places to eat and meet to get a feel for things.
You have chosen a good time of year - it will expose you to the rigours of a typical winter. The nights can get quite chilly but expect decent sunny days. Costa Esuri is a development about 3 kms outside of Ayamonte , turn left at the roundabout off the slip road from the motorway instead of right into town and is a sizeable development with golf , now going through an extensive programme to revitalise the course . There are plenty of properties there for sale at competitive prices .Although limited infrastructure in the way of shops etc. Plenty of other courses not far away both in Huelva province and over the border in Portugal.
In town itself find somewhere to park and just wander through the old part, some great tapas bars and a few good restaurants. Through the town there is Isla Canela, another golfing development, pretty empty in winter but packed in the summer time.. In fact Ayamonte is like that, gets very busy in July and August .
Over the border is Vila Real de Santo Antonio, in fact there is a ferry in Ayamonte that plies the route back and forth, if you have the time a pleasant ride. Busy Portuguese town with loads of dining options and generally cheaper than Spain. At the weekend many Spaniards drive over the border to eat .
Best if you can rent for a while before committing to a purchase, a few months in the place will give you much better feel for what you like and dislike and you will not be burdened with a property to sell if you don't like the area.
Old Jan 5th 2020, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome Snowbird1, Some of my favourite eating paces in Ayamonte are Bar Cortado, La Casona and Las Plumas, coffee and cake Café Passage also a good place to see other nationalities. Costa Esuri Golf course and Club House have recently been taken over and are up and running. Isla Canela Golf is not far, ( they now have the Esuri one) neither is Quinta Do Vale just over the water in Portugal. There are more good eating places just the other side. There are quite a few estate agents in town, in the pedestrian area and over by the courts down by Supersol heading for Isla Canela.
Old Jan 5th 2020, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Snowbird1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to both of you for responding. This gives me a starting point and I appreciate it. BTW Loafing Along I'll take the chilly night over the endless show shovelling of Canadian winters
Old Jan 5th 2020, 8:09 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowbird1
Thanks to both of you for responding. This gives me a starting point and I appreciate it. BTW Loafing Along I'll take the chilly night over the endless show shovelling of Canadian winters
Heres what I posted recently on another thread, check out post 4

Spain vs ???

Welcome to the forum, to our area in a few weeks and good luck with your recce

Jon