The things I love about Spain,

I can get the British press-
I can watch English and Spanish footie-
I can have steak pie when I feel like-
The weather is better´-
The wife goes out more-
No family within the neighbourhood-
No rat race........

These are just a few things that spring to mind......

regards
JLFS
True, We feel safe here in Spain
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons why you're staying in Spain

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Try explaining that to the people who live in Calahonda What difference is the highest Road if you don't live near it. It is starting to look bloody expensive to me with the x/change rate, and I never shop at Brit shops, unless in Gibraltar.
Originally Posted by 00glenn
True, We feel safe here in Spain

Perhaps people in Calahonda don't realise what or where the Sierra Nevada is? 3h 15 max I'd say - could you do that to ski slopes from most points in the UK? And be near a mediterranean climate at the same time?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:56 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by me me
The things I love about Spain,

I can get the British press-
I can watch English and Spanish footie-
I can have steak pie when I feel like-
The weather is better´-
The wife goes out more-
No family within the neighbourhood-
No rat race........

These are just a few things that spring to mind......

regards
JLFS

I know its nice to have the paper in hand and read at your leisure, But for those of you who just like to catch what's happening in good old blighty or the fact we write the best dribble in the World in our papers, Why pay for them, When moneys to tight to mention, View them at the link below for free. The Times,Telegraph,The Mail,and the Sun are full editions.

http://www.wrx.zen.co.uk/alltnews.htm

Last edited by poshnbucks; Dec 22nd 2008 at 12:00 am.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I know its nice to have the paper in hand and read at your leisure, But for those of you who just like to catch what's happening in good old blighty or the fact we write the best dribble in the World in our papers, Why pay for them, When moneys to tight to mention, View them at the link below for free.

Free depending on your upload speed, that is
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:49 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I know its nice to have the paper in hand and read at your leisure, But for those of you who just like to catch what's happening in good old blighty or the fact we write the best dribble in the World in our papers, Why pay for them, When moneys to tight to mention, View them at the link below for free. The Times,Telegraph,The Mail,and the Sun are full editions.

Thank you for that link.
The thing is though, I need the paper to help with the ins and OUTS of the day. I cannot GO without it.
I am sure all the men out there know what I mean.
The missus (me me) would skin me alive if I took her laptop in there with me.
She will probably go mental when she finds out that I have been telling all about my bathroom habits on this site, but I am not afraid.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:32 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

I'm staying in Spain for now because I like it more than the UK and have a job out here, mainly moved for the weather and how much cheaper it is.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:32 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for sticking up for me on Page 1. I do understand the vastness of spain. Ive driven through it a few times now. I think i just under quoted with having a bad memory Plus I am a self confessed fast driver. On those empty motorways ive hit over 200kph and whacked the cruise control on. Naughty I know, but ah well.

I agree with what I think poshnbucks is saying.
Despite being in Spain you can still get everything you can from the UK. TV, newspapers, food etc. So theres nothing to ever miss, only things to gain with a new spanish influx to your life.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:46 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

A great reason to stay in Spain

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5375668.ece
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Rocky
Good reason indeed
See also on same page

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5380038.ece
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:27 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

SUNSHINE SUNSHINE SUNSHINE
It's a POWERFUL thing that SUNSHINE !!!!

Just come in off the patio at 21deg, blue sky, no wind, just the birds to listen to - peace in Hindon ... and just seen a 'bumble bee'

and IT'S DEC 22nd for F*** **** - YIPPEE!!!!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

SUNSHINE SUNSHINE SUNSHINE
It's a POWERFUL thing that SUNSHINE !!!!

Just come in off the patio at 21deg, blue sky, no wind, just the birds to listen to - peace in Hindon ... and just seen a 'bumble bee'

and IT'S DEC 22nd for F*** **** - YIPPEE!!!!!!

Last edited by bigglesworth; Dec 22nd 2008 at 2:37 pm. Reason: Forgot quote
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:21 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Weather is great, been dozing and reading in the sun. Don't forget though we have had about 3 or 4 weeks of cold weather. One day was only 3C in Málaga last week.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

00glenn is an unknown quantity at this point

and big bottles of San Miguel are only €1.05
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 00glenn
and big bottles of San Miguel are only €1.05
Now you guys are just taking the p....
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I found the same but then again, so do Australians or Kiwi's in the UK - I imagine if you or I were a Moroccan immigrant then things might be a little different.
Why there are Spaniards living, for example, in London? I have read that many for money, other because they like London etc etc etc. Why there are Brits, German or Australian living in Spain? Because it will be for the reasons that there are Spaniards in United Kingdom, many: climate, security, food, business...Are many variants, because each person is a world

Ah! Now I have Chinese and Moroccans neighbors, and any problem. Very nice people. People here will treat you how depends is your behavior

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 22nd 2008 at 8:32 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.