Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Read in two places today, New Laws re NIE

Read in two places today, New Laws re NIE

Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

sujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Read in two places today, New Laws re NIE

I believe that in Jan (2012) I was one of the first here to receive one of the new "cards" instead of the A4 thing (he printed off the A4 and then pushed out the card from the bottom half as it was already part punched/serrated.

looking at this it just has a date of issue, no period of use or expiry.

as the man said to me when he passed it over "this is for life".
Your confusing NIE certificate with residencia. Our NIE certificates were issued at the end of February and have the valid for 3 months printed at the bottom.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:30 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
actually it says it isn't a formof ID at all........
Absolutely correct - which is why I did NOT say it was proof of identification.

It only shows the nationality of the holder/owner - which is what it DOES say.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:18 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sujee
Your confusing NIE certificate with residencia. Our NIE certificates were issued at the end of February and have the valid for 3 months printed at the bottom.
not sure how I am confused - I responded to a statement about NIE - NOT Residencia.

to get the NIE I had to complete the EX18 "Solicitud de certificado de registro de residencia comunitaria (Real Decreto 240/2007)" and also a "Modelo 790" on which was written the NIF, which had to be taken to a bank and €10.20 was paid. Representing the Modelo 790 duely rubber stamped, the NIE card was issued.
There is no time limit on this card, issued on 28 Jan 2012.

The EX18 has section 4 - "Tipo de Certificado Solicitado"
and "Periodo previsto de residencia en Espana"

so it may be how this form is filled in that may be a deciding factor ??

Don't know if it is just here, but our big city banks will only accept impuesto's between 0830 and 1000. But managed to get a payment made out of that period in the village.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
not sure how I am confused - I responded to a statement about NIE - NOT Residencia.

to get the NIE I had to complete the EX18 "Solicitud de certificado de registro de residencia comunitaria (Real Decreto 240/2007)" and also a "Modelo 790" on which was written the NIF, which had to be taken to a bank and €10.20 was paid. Representing the Modelo 790 duely rubber stamped, the NIE card was issued.

Don't know if it is just here, but our big city banks will only accept impuesto's between 0830 and 1000. But managed to get a payment made out of that period in the village.
Well in response to my e mail to the link they mailed back saying contact by phone to discuss so no doubt want to sell their product to get the info. still worth a try.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

chocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobd22
Well in response to my e mail to the link they mailed back saying contact by phone to discuss so no doubt want to sell their product to get the info. still worth a try.
Well thank you for trying to clarify the situation.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:19 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Costa Consulting hasn't been around very long....I remember them spamming some forums.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:38 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

What you have said could be confusing.

You applied for an NIE using form EX_18 at the same time that you registered on the foreigners list. That gives you an NIE but the certificate you get is not an NIE certificate - it is a certificate of registration - and that's all you need.

If you are a non resident and want an NIE you apply on form EX-15 and you get a white NIE certificate which is now only valid for 90 days.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

the EX18 is for registering as resident - they will issue a NIE at the same time if you don't already have one - so what you have is a card version of my A4 green 'resident/registration cert' sheet

if you only want a NIE & you aren't resident then you fill in the EX15

oops - I see Fred just said the same...

Last edited by lynnxa; Apr 13th 2012 at 1:01 am. Reason: note to self... read entire thread before replying
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

82mph is a jewel in the rough82mph is a jewel in the rough82mph is a jewel in the rough82mph is a jewel in the rough82mph is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for the thread hijacking, this is slightly off topic, but how is the new little card? Does it have a picture? I know they are not supposed to be accepted as proof of ID but then neither is my UK driving license and it always is!

Anyway, I am soon to be without driving license for at least a short while and, short of carrying my passport around, I have no other form of ID which may allow me to use a debit/credit card. My address is out of date on my green residencia form which so far hasn't caused me any problems but gives me an excuse to go and get a card if it'd be useful.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:14 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 82mph
Sorry for the thread hijacking, this is slightly off topic, but how is the new little card? Does it have a picture? I know they are not supposed to be accepted as proof of ID but then neither is my UK driving license and it always is!

Anyway, I am soon to be without driving license for at least a short while and, short of carrying my passport around, I have no other form of ID which may allow me to use a debit/credit card. My address is out of date on my green residencia form which so far hasn't caused me any problems but gives me an excuse to go and get a card if it'd be useful.
no picture - its not an ID Card
Old May 14th 2012, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Have posted separately but will update this thread too. I went to renew my residencia today and was told that I couldn´t as they were waiting for instructions on the new law.
Old May 14th 2012, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

pixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Have posted separately but will update this thread too. I went to renew my residencia today and was told that I couldn´t as they were waiting for instructions on the new law.
renew your residencia? I was under the impression they didn't need renewing, only the NIE!?
Old May 14th 2012, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by sujee
Su, I am not confusing it with residencia, I am looking at the card as I type, it has NO VALIDITY and as the senor said when he gave it to me "this is for life"

If yours was issued under different conditions in another part of Andalucia or even another part of Spain then that is your problem but please do not tell me I am confused or suggest I misunderstood or am lying (although why I would I have no idea)

Further, as posted on another thread where people seem to think I am "confused", "lying" or "whatever" I reported that a friend went to the extranjero office to renew an NIE cert that was dated and was told to go away and bring in proof of social security, employment etc etc..
This is not confusion, misunderstanding, lying or whatever.
Have you ever tried telling a huber efficient German lady, lived here for 20 years, more fluid in Spanish than a Spaniard, who has religiously renewed her NIE certificate as it runs out of date that she may be "confused", "misunderstood" or plain "lying"

We did have a laugh about it, especially as we are now seeing more expat chickens without heads running around, as when she went to the Extranjero office in Granada instead of it being full of South Americans and North Africans, (although they have to take their family of 8 to register 1 person, but there still used to be about 60 people in there,) there were only 3 people plus her, and it took just as long as before.

As Bob Dylan wrote - These times they are a changing. Who knows where it will take us
Old May 14th 2012, 12:46 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixieve
renew your residencia? I was under the impression they didn't need renewing, only the NIE!?

Even the NIE did not need renewing!

I guess if some people have the old residencia card, then these do need replacing with the 'stupid' green, A4 sheet (or plastic version thereof).
Old May 14th 2012, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Even the NIE did not need renewing!

I guess if some people have the old residencia card, then these do need replacing with the 'stupid' green, A4 sheet (or plastic version thereof).
As I have stated mine is the old card and they would not renew due to the new laws. However I have just read that after five years you become an automatic permanent resident and have no need of the certificate.

The problem is I cannot even get a mobile phone contract without it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.