Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Read all about it !!! Britons leave in Droves

Read all about it !!! Britons leave in Droves

Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:56 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Read all about it !!! Britons leave in Droves

There are some interesting figures about how many and why Britons are leaving the UK.

If I read it right about a 1/4 million left last year but twice as many foreigners came in. There saying a Brit leaves UK every 2 minutes !!!!

Some of the moans why people are doing this are here: I can see some of the points, especially the 'Live to work' ethic. See what you think.

(BTW - I don't normally read the NOTW - just this headline caught my eye - honest guv !!)
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:14 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Read all about it !!! Britons leave in Droves

I just love it when Immigration is used as a reason why people are leaving the UK.......................................to become immigrants themselves!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
There are some interesting figures about how many and why Britons are leaving the UK.

If I read it right about a 1/4 million left last year but twice as many foreigners came in. There saying a Brit leaves UK every 2 minutes !!!!

Some of the moans why people are doing this are here: I can see some of the points, especially the 'Live to work' ethic. See what you think.

(BTW - I don't normally read the NOTW - just this headline caught my eye - honest guv !!)
How many come back??
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
How many come back??
I have heard it said that around a quarter return on average............not sure if its true but it does sound about right.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Well, the ones who are coming to Spain are in for a bit of a shock.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:20 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
........to become immigrants themselves!
Yeah, I always remind myself that some of the things these people moan about they create themselves where ever they emigrate to. i.e. run bars, shops, don't learn the language... and often create there own "Ghettos".

But I guess whatever reasons they give - there is a compelling drive to 'GET OUT' and if these figures are to be believed then it's getting a bigger drive each year.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Well, the ones who are coming to Spain are in for a bit of a shock.
why??????????
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

ditto...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

double ditto..
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

triple double ditto
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:15 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GrapeEater

Have a look at the 'readers' comments, most of which have not even grasped the English language properly.

I guess the vast majority will move to somewhere like the Costa's and open a bar!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:30 pm
MONA LISA

coultrm will become famous soon enough

Yes there is a Little Englander in most Brits when then leave to non-English speaking countries I have heard them complaints about ´too many foreigners´ in Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany & Greece and even in English speaking countries such as the US, Canada, OZ & NZ where the took over some elses country.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

My friend lives in California and she was complaining about the Mexicans coming over and not speaking English. Bearing in mind she is a Brit, I did mention that I thought it had been their country originally. Didn´t go down too well.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:30 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

When I read this the thread headline I assumed it was about the Brits leaving Spain in droves - and not moving here!

I think for many people it will be a case of thinking the grass is greener and finding many of their problems being transported with them.

Spain has a ton of immigrants from Eastern Europe and Africa so that won't be any different. The challenges here in Spain are huge and so if these people are thinking it is a easy life over here then they will be in for a major shock!

Mark
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:41 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I just love it when Immigration is used as a reason why people are leaving the UK.......................................to become immigrants themselves!
that's what i keep saying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.