Re Translator

Old Nov 6th 2021, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

stevemcn44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re Translator

Hi me and my wife are buying a Property in Cambrils and would like to get in touch within who lives near by. Let us know if you would like too meet up. I do have one question to start with . I need a translator when we are signing documents. Can anyone recommend anyone?
Old Nov 6th 2021, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Re Translator

Hi I also need an interrupter to be present when we sign the documents the the Notary is present.Can anyone advise someone near Cambrils who can help here.
Old Nov 6th 2021, 10:28 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Notaries usually provide a translator as part of the service.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks Fred for the reply. The notary advised us to look for one in Salou for me. I need one that is based ideally in Salou. We are also working out the best way to transfer the balance of the funds from the UK for completion. We currently have the funds over here waiting to go. We opened a Spanish bank account last summer with Sabadell.
Is it best to simply transfer directly from our British bank account directly to the seller's bank or move the money to Sabadell and then to the seller?

We have our N.I.E all resolved since November last year. So we are now only needing to resolve the translator for me as my wife does speak fluent Spanish and the best way to transfer the money.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

If you want the lowest exchange rates and highest commission use your bank to transfer money - if not use a currency exchange outfit - I suggest Wise

https://wise.com/

Last time I bought a property I had Sabadell draw up a banker's cheque.

Why do you need a translator if your wife speaks fluent Spanish?
Old Nov 7th 2021, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Hi my wife was advised by the notary as I do not speak Spanish, we need someone independent of my wife to explain to me what is happening when we sign the final documentation.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Wise is very good and very simple. You must transfer to a Spanish bank as you will need to present a bankers draft as part of the official process at notary. The bankers draft will unfortunately cost a few hundred euros but they usually waive that by selling you house insurance. The translator isn't officially required and it doesn't need to be anyone specfic and I'm not sure why you just don't say you are happy with your wife. Basically your lawyer or agent should provide all these services as part of their fee ( set up standing orders for your water and electricity, IBI, breakdown your various taxes, pay notary etc) If they aren't going to do all this then I would suggest getting someone who will.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

My Spanish female partner always used to translate for me at the notary, but it's up to you.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 11:44 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of certified translators in Spain.

You can send them the item you need translating and request a quote.

So far as I remember there were two typles of certified translation. One was just the translator was certified and the other involved in it being witnessed by some Spanish official. There are other poeple on here who know far more about this subject than i and probably a few who are translators themselves.

Go to a notary and he'll cream something off the top for arranging it for you.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 3:16 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Notaries usually provide a translator as part of the service.

Never heard of that before, Fred.

Around here (province of Valencia), the notaries, doctors, INSS etc. all insist on people bringing their own interpreters / translators
Old Nov 7th 2021, 4:09 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
My Spanish female partner always used to translate for me at the notary, but it's up to you.
Curious about the use of the past tense here...

Did you change partner or notary?

Old Nov 7th 2021, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Never heard of that before, Fred.

Around here (province of Valencia), the notaries, doctors, INSS etc. all insist on people bringing their own interpreters / translators

When we purchased in 2019 the Notary in Alfaz said they could provide someone, but the solicitor we were using had one, which was included in the costs.

Im assuming the OP is using a solicitor, so why not ask them???

Old Nov 7th 2021, 4:45 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

When you make a Spanish will the actual will is in both Spanish and English so no translator required. Having a dual language escritura would be a bit more of a problem due to its length.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 10:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Curious about the use of the past tense here...

Did you change partner or notary?

Past tense as in the action was in the past would be most peoples thoughts.

Rosemary
Old Nov 8th 2021, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your insights. This is greatly appreciated. We have gone back to Sabadell and they want to charge for a bankers cheque for ¢500.00 but if we take out home insurance they will reduce this to ¢50.00. We have received a independent quote from an insurance company in Barcelona today and will await Sabadell's insurance quote to compare.

For a bankers cheque what are your experiences for the fees charged. We are going back to the Notary for the interrupter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.