British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Re moving to spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/re-moving-spain-921562/)

suziqqq Jan 29th 2019 4:48 pm

Re moving to spain

Hello I am planning to move to Spain from the UK this year. I’m interested in Murcia and Alicante regions on an urbanisation with good amount of expats. Not bothered about being too near the coast but not too far from airports. Any suggestions please

jumar Jan 29th 2019 6:49 pm

Re: Re moving to spain

We're just buying an apartment on the golf complex Condado de Alhama. 25 minutes to the coast at Mazarron and the same to the mountains of Sierra Espuña and also the new airport at Corvera.

Patrick2976 Jan 30th 2019 8:40 am

I would take a look at Villamartin south west of Torrevieja and La Marina closer to Elche. Both are urbanisations with a lot of expats.

missile Jan 30th 2019 10:12 am

There are many urbanisations near Alicante and Murcia airports. Not sure if and when the new Murcia airport will open. You may want to investigate that?

Leper Jan 31st 2019 8:11 am

The new Murcia (Corverá) Airport is up and flying for the past fortnight.

HeikeundAlan Jan 31st 2019 4:15 pm

try La Marina, Gran Alicante, Ciudad Quesada

Casanaranjos1 Jan 31st 2019 6:25 pm

Entre Naranjos, between Los Montesinos and San Miguel suits all your needs

Akikasa Feb 12th 2019 3:14 am

Originally Posted by jumar (Post 12629382)
We're just buying an apartment on the golf complex Condado de Alhama. 25 minutes to the coast at Mazarron and the same to the mountains of Sierra Espuña and also the new airport at Corvera.

May I ask if you conducted the research, filtering and negotiation all by yourself or if you had help from any agency while you were shopping for the apartment? We're also interested in buying a house in Alicante like one of these instead of either renting a place each summer or browsing for a new hotel each year since we end up spending the holiday in different parts of Spain anyway. Thus, being complete foreigners to the procedure of buying a property abroad, we started looking into agencies and we really have no clue about who's trustworthy when it comes to Spain.

jumar Feb 12th 2019 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Akikasa (Post 12635844)
May I ask if you conducted the research, filtering and negotiation all by yourself or if you had help from any agency while you were shopping for the apartment? We're also interested in buying a house in Alicante like one of these instead of either renting a place each summer or browsing for a new hotel each year since we end up spending the holiday in different parts of Spain anyway. Thus, being complete foreigners to the procedure of buying a property abroad, we started looking into agencies and we really have no clue about who's trustworthy when it comes to Spain.

We bought through a local estate agent but we used our own solicitor, ordered and collected the nota simple ourselves and will be doing our own services contracts.

Some estate agents will arrange the whole package (for a fee obviously). Some are reputable, others I'm not so sure. Best to get local advice.