Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Re-Locating: Tarragona Region

Re-Locating: Tarragona Region

Old Jun 15th 2018, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

joolesmck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-Locating: Tarragona Region

Hi Everyone: I am considering locating to the Tarragona Area of Spain: (A few reasons - mainland Europe - I'm in Malta at the moment) Close to Barcelona and allow me to drive into other EU countries.
Any ex-pats there - Flix down to the Sea (Tivissa - La Amettla De Mar - and everything in between) Any particular villages you would recommend? I'm particularly looking for a country house with at least 15-20K sqm of land. Having never even visited the area (so far) any recommendations greatly received. :-)
Old Jun 15th 2018, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-Locating: Tarragona Region

Originally Posted by joolesmck
Hi Everyone: I am considering locating to the Tarragona Area of Spain: (A few reasons - mainland Europe - I'm in Malta at the moment) Close to Barcelona and allow me to drive into other EU countries.
Any ex-pats there - Flix down to the Sea (Tivissa - La Amettla De Mar - and everything in between) Any particular villages you would recommend? I'm particularly looking for a country house with at least 15-20K sqm of land. Having never even visited the area (so far) any recommendations greatly received. :-)
Not in Spain permanently and only have land near Lloret/Blanes (up further), but have visited Tarragona area a few times. Unless you have a huge budget and even then, I doubt you will find 15.000 - 20.000 m2 of land on the coast directly. Well here something like this, but I would really visit area first and look out for regulations regarding land (Rustic, urbano etc.) https://www.idealista.com/inmueble/39214298/. Many places further inland aren't that great. Or do you mean 1500 - 2000 m2? This is what's available in L'Ametlla de Mar https://www.idealista.com/venta-vivi...por=precio-asc

Last edited by Moses2013; Jun 15th 2018 at 1:07 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

joolesmck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re-Locating: Tarragona Region

Hi Moses: thanks for this - I don't necessarily have to be at the sea - but the area from there up to as far as Flix I'm looking at. I'm more interested in finding out if there are other expats in these areas. Te area's I'm looking at appear to have my land requirements - and it is the 15,000 or more. I'm moving from Malta at the end of the year - so can spend the next few months getting to know the area - Nothing definite until the cheque is signed! haha...meant to say I'm using Kyero.com for my initial search.