Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

R.I.P. Keith from Sunderland

R.I.P. Keith from Sunderland

Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:45 am
Just Joined

garf is a jewel in the roughgarf is a jewel in the roughgarf is a jewel in the roughgarf is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: R.I.P. Keith from Sunderland

Originally Posted by DebsyW View Post
Sounds awful, I know, but a mate of mine took his mum to South Africa in a large yoghurt pot. He and his dad scattered her ashes and nobody but they knew about it. They said she would have seen the funny side........... !?!
I'm sure Keith would see the humorous side too, surprised the SA Customs didn't open the pot though - isn't yoghurt supposed to a live culture?

Thanks for your support (and the giggle)

Garf
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:57 am
Just Joined

garf is a jewel in the roughgarf is a jewel in the roughgarf is a jewel in the roughgarf is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SueG View Post
I took my Dad to Switzerland in what looked like a large plastic sweet jar and had the required paperwork from the funeral directors - OH was in charge because believe it or not he was quite heavy - got a few funny looks as he went through the x-ray machine!! He was then scattered over a mountainside which was empty when we arrived but people arrived out of nowhere when we found a suitable place!!!! To top it all the breeze arrived and father flew over everything. He would have find it so funny especially us trying to be very discreet in our endeavours. So if anyone sees a small ash pile on top of an alpine garden up a mountain in Swizterland that's my Dad - stay and have a chat with him and tell him all is well and Mother wants her ashes scattered in Brazil
We have Keith in a similar jar - I must say I'm not looking to having him x-rayed, eyebrows will no doubt be raised - and what if they open him up and ask what the white powder is

Isn't it typical though - people have a tendency to turn up at the most inopportune moments, even the breeze conspired against you

Thanks for your input SueG

Garf
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much for all your comments guys.

Any further advice will be gratefully received.

Garf
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

I want my ashes scattering under "The Bull" at Los boliches Los Pacos, so whenever you see the bull people will think of me! What a marker

LPH
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre View Post
I want my ashes scattering under "The Bull" at Los boliches Los Pacos, so whenever you see the bull people will think of me! What a marker

LPH
My grand daughter just loves that bull.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre View Post

LPH
That's an idea, not exactly what I was thinking of for Keith though.

Is that between Benalmadena and Fuengerola or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garf View Post
That's an idea, not exactly what I was thinking of for Keith though.

Is that between Benalmadena and Fuengerola or am I barking up the wrong tree?
I think it is classed more as Fuengirola, a huge black bull it`s high up on a hill, you can see it for miles.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

weemac is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the side of the Forth Bridge in Scotland on the North bound side into the River Forth for me........but only when there is a good South Westerly blowing so that i will come back into every ones eyes!! Heh Heh!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:41 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

A bloke I knew wanted to be scattered from a Chinook helicopter. So up they all went, his missus threw his ashes through the side door and he blew straight back in again.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:52 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, the Osborne bull? I love their brandy.

A random thought. The other figures, the ones for Tio Pepe. Tio is Uncle, Pepe is short for Jose? = Joseph, so Tio Pepe is akin to Uncle Joe? That always makes me think it's Stalin's sherry as he was always called Uncle Joe.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
I think it is classed more as Fuengirola, a huge black bull it`s high up on a hill, you can see it for miles.
I've looked on google maps and cant see it.........
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by derbyflan View Post
A bloke I knew wanted to be scattered from a Chinook helicopter. So up they all went, his missus threw his ashes through the side door and he blew straight back in again.
I don't think he wanted to go
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bil View Post
Ah, the Osborne bull? I love their brandy.

A random thought. The other figures, the ones for Tio Pepe. Tio is Uncle, Pepe is short for Jose? = Joseph, so Tio Pepe is akin to Uncle Joe? That always makes me think it's Stalin's sherry as he was always called Uncle Joe.
I'll never look at a sherry the same way again....
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:15 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Stalin's Sherry.

Isn't that a delightful thought tho?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Hi all

I have been out of the loop for a while

The trip to Spain is getting closer and I wondered if anyone had any more coments to make, or advice to give.....

Anything would be welcome

If you think the thread has been exhausted, let me know.

Garf

ps Thanks for all the previous comments, they've been most helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.