Reload this Page >

Quinta do Vale Golf - decent?

Quinta do Vale Golf - decent?

Old Jun 12th 2014, 3:38 pm
Banned

76zedfour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quinta do Vale Golf - decent?

Hi,
Anyone played QDV lately? Any opinions, reviews, criticisms? Group of lads were going to play CE so looking for an alternative offering decent value for money.
We aren't really in the Monte Rei bracket before anyone suggests.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

harry-jac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quinta do Vale Golf - decent?

Hi.
I have played QDV a few times now,but not this year.I found the course challenging but fair.There is quite a bit of water on the course,and the views are very pleasant especially from the balcony which looks over the golf course,and you can see Costa Esuri on a clear day.I shall be playing it twice with my son in July,and looking forward to it.Go and play it .You will enjoy.The greens were very good when i last played there.
p.s I have no connection to QDV golf club.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by harry-jac
Hi.
I have played QDV a few times now,but not this year.I found the course challenging but fair.There is quite a bit of water on the course,and the views are very pleasant especially from the balcony which looks over the golf course,and you can see Costa Esuri on a clear day.I shall be playing it twice with my son in July,and looking forward to it.Go and play it .You will enjoy.The greens were very good when i last played there.
p.s I have no connection to QDV golf club.
I played it in May and was disappointed. A couple of years ago it was in good condition but this time I found the fairways to be very average with a number of them suffering weed incursion. Greens not bad. I also played El Rompido North (easy walking) and Castro Marim (buggies a must) and both were in far better condition that QDV.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 76zedfour
Hi,
Anyone played QDV lately? Any opinions, reviews, criticisms? Group of lads were going to play CE so looking for an alternative offering decent value for money.
We aren't really in the Monte Rei bracket before anyone suggests.

I have played there quite few times recently with Esuri being closed and I am playing there tomorrow

The banks have recently repossessed the course and are spending money to improve the condition which has been working.

Last week it was obvious that the fairways were drying out but given the temperature has risen in the last week it is understandable.

The greens are pretty good condition

Chris Truter who was the Pro at Esuri can get some good prices Contact him on

[email protected]
Old Jun 14th 2014, 7:35 pm
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Quinta do Vale Golf - decent?

Played it a couple of times recently during first week of the month for the first time and enjoyed it as a stiff challenge but be on your game if the wind is blowing.
Greens were running true and we were not held up as a 2 Ball
Will probably play there again in July when we return but hoping that Esuri will be up and running again very soon
Old Jun 16th 2014, 5:14 pm
Banned

76zedfour is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the replies and it seems a thumbs up for QDV.