Queuing.

Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:05 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queuing.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I once left mine on the belt in Supersol. Only one till open as a quiet time. 2 people in front of me. When it got to me she said "till closed" The other member of staff had decided to open another till while she went off for a break. I asked why she didn't tell me she was going to close but just got a shrug. So I left it. I then had to go to another shop and waste some more time, but it did make me feel better
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Rafa is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate it when people go into a shop, ask who's last so that they know their position, then go off and do their shopping. You then come in thinking there are only 2 people before you and, just when you think it's your turn next...20 people rush through the door claiming that they had been there earlier to reserve their place. Bloody annoying! If you go into a shop you should stay there in the queue so that those who come after you can see just how many people are before them.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:19 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Even worse when there's a ticket system and someone does that! You are wondering if it's worth waiting at the deli but you see that the next ticket is number 23 and you see that the sign says 22 is being dealt with. You're next so you take the ticket. As the sign changes to your number someone rushes up saying it's their turn as they've got ticket 21.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:50 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rafa
I hate it when people go into a shop, ask who's last so that they know their position, then go off and do their shopping. You then come in thinking there are only 2 people before you and, just when you think it's your turn next...20 people rush through the door claiming that they had been there earlier to reserve their place. Bloody annoying! If you go into a shop you should stay there in the queue so that those who come after you can see just how many people are before them.
isn't that what queueing is supposed to be about

I don't know, you give Jonny Foreigner a bit of technology and all he does is abuse it
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Domino
I don't know, you give Jonny Foreigner a bit of technology and all he does is abuse it
Quite! It's just not cricket old chap.

Last edited by Rafa; Jul 25th 2011 at 10:37 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 6:56 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm way out of touch here not having used them for yonks, but is it only in the UK that there is anything like order when the service bus doors open ?
I see what appear to be queues in most other countries, however as soon the bus door opens it usually turns into a mass stampede with every man, woman and child for themselves.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Maybe I'm way out of touch here not having used them for yonks, but is it only in the UK that there is anything like order when the service bus doors open ?
I see what appear to be queues in most other countries, however as soon the bus door opens it usually turns into a mass stampede with every man, woman and child for themselves.
oh yes most definately there is order in the UK, its the English Way.
if Jonny Foreigner trys pushing in you get the opportunity to give him a free dig in the ribs and stand on his toes

I am amazed at the way the Spanish buses have an entrance and exit and use them accordingly. in the Uk little oiks would be nipping in the exit to travel without paying
that is until they meet the little old Spanish lady with the evil eye from another thread
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

But the little old Spanish ladies all want to get off via the entrance because it's nearer, and the driver is too scared of them to tell them to go to the back, thus holding up everyone waiting to get on!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Lynn R
But the little old Spanish ladies all want to get off via the entrance because it's nearer, and the driver is too scared of them to tell them to go to the back, thus holding up everyone waiting to get on!
have you ever had an arguement with one of the Women in Black and won.....no thought not.......has anyone.........no thought not

Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
They don't quite understand that it's better to let people off before you attempt to get on.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

have you ever had an arguement with one of the Women in Black and won.....no thought not.......has anyone.........no thought not

You really should know better than to argue with a woman.....any woman!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:32 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

The locals in my village are normally exceptionally well mannered and polite especially in the shops.
They are much the same at the market except in the vicinity of one particular fruit and veg stall which appears to do more business than all the rest put together.
Now I've never yet made it close enough to this particular stall to see what the great attraction is, but it occasionally crosses my mind that maybe they're selling stuff at half price or else giving away five hundred euro notes.
It is permanently surrounded by scores of little old Spanish ladies battling it out to get served.
I long ago decided that discretion is the better part of valour and that nothing short of a fully trained commando unit would stand a hope in hell of making it through their midst.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by megmet
You really should know better than to argue with a woman.....any woman!
oh I know better, but sucker for punishment - especially as they all seem to be getting younger
was a time it was just policemen but now its even the Black Widows

marbles, my, losing

rgds
Dom
Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

oh I know better, but sucker for punishment - especially as they all seem to be getting younger
was a time it was just policemen but now its even the Black Widows

marbles, my, losing

rgds
Dom
I'm not arguing......

Meg.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by megmet
I'm not arguing......

Meg.
how many times have i heard that one........