questions, questions & more questions

questions, questions & more questions

Old Feb 25th 2015, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Am I only Dreaming is an unknown quantity at this point
Default questions, questions & more questions

I am looking to move to the Alicante area -
  1. Socially what can I expect?
  2. What arrangements will I need to make for healthcare?
  3. What industries are employing in and around Alicante?
  4. What is the average utility bill for a 2 bed duplex?
  5. Where is the best place to look for employment opportunities newspapers employment agencies??
This is my first batch of questions and I am sure the excitement will conjure up lots more.

Am I only Dreaming
Old Feb 25th 2015, 8:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: questions, questions & more questions

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 25th 2015, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Bar2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am I only Dreaming
I am looking to move to the Alicante area -
  1. Socially what can I expect?
  2. What arrangements will I need to make for healthcare?
  3. What industries are employing in and around Alicante?
  4. What is the average utility bill for a 2 bed duplex?
  5. Where is the best place to look for employment opportunities newspapers employment agencies??
This is my first batch of questions and I am sure the excitement will conjure up lots more.

Am I only Dreaming
I can answer a few.

What's your profession?

Utility bill will be electric about 250 to 300 every two months winter and less than that if you don't use air con in summer. Water is cheap Around 40 every two months. Gas bottles are around 17.50 each and last awhile.

Socially, you can probably find something similar to what you have now if you want. Be a bit more specific if you want something else. ..
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

Electric seems bloody dear in Spain
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dondurma
Electric seems bloody dear in Spain
Extortionate!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

At a rough guesstimate it would appear to be TWICE what I pay in UK
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Bar2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Presumably you also pay for gas?

250 at usual exchange rate of 1.25 is £100 a month with no gas bill with electric heating/ heating air con on lots.

You must be very frugal with a bill of only £50 A month.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes I am a miserable old sod.

I am that tight that I owe myself money
If I owned Antartica I wouldn't give you a slide
If I was a ghost I wouldn't give ya a scare etcetera

Beginning to regret my congrats on your bar success!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

I use Scottish Power in the UK and pay 0.14 per Kw/h.

I use guess who in Spain and pay 0.125 per Kw/h.

I pay less in Spain than I do in the UK for the actual power used.

The difference is that Spain also has the potencia charge which for me at the moment is 0.087 per Kw/h.

Which means the heavy users will notice less of a premium for power in Spain over the UK, whereas for low users it will seem much more expensive.

All above prices are in Sterling for easy comparison purposes.

Old Feb 26th 2015, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Yet the Rose coloured glasses brigade would have you believe that it is reasonable, and even cheaper than UK!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Well they'd be silly to do that. I happen to be one of the rose coloured glasses brigade but I know that everybody will pay more in Spain than in the UK for a given amount of power.

But in Spain I use less of it and consider the standing charge of 42.17 Euros a month a bargain in return for connection to a utility I use so little of because the weather outside is so bloody marvellous.

I pay more for Internet than I do for standing charge for power, and I don't use my Internet for 6 months of the year.

Again, bargain, bring it on. The weather's wonderful, the sea is blue and clear, the beer is cold, and all my friends smile and talk about pass times and fun.

Originally Posted by Neptuno
Yet the Rose coloured glasses brigade would have you believe that it is reasonable, and even cheaper than UK!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Horlics
Well they'd be silly to do that. I happen to be one of the rose coloured glasses brigade but I know that everybody will pay more in Spain than in the UK for a given amount of power.

But in Spain I use less of it and consider the standing charge of 42.17 Euros a month a bargain in return for connection to a utility I use so little of because the weather outside is so bloody marvellous.

I pay more for Internet than I do for standing charge for power, and I don't use my Internet for 6 months of the year.

Again, bargain, bring it on. The weather's wonderful, the sea is blue and clear, the beer is cold, and all my friends smile and talk about pass times and fun.
"Weather outside is so bloody marvellous"
Depending on where you live, and not all the time.
It's a bit like Place in the sun, where they interview expats who say, "Oh, it's lovely- we don't spend any time in our kitchen , we're eating outside all the time"
Yeah lovely if you don't mind hot food being cold!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Horlics

Useful info so I want to get this right

Are we saying 0.12 per kW plus the 0.08 potencia plus a €42 standing charge each month?
Old Feb 26th 2015, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Useful info so I want to get this right

Are we saying 0.12 per kW plus the 0.08 potencia plus a €42 standing charge each month?
Our potencia is 5.75 kw, anything less is inconvenient, as it will keep tripping
Old Feb 26th 2015, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bar2015
Presumably you also pay for gas?

250 at usual exchange rate of 1.25 is £100 a month with no gas bill with electric heating/ heating air con on lots.

You must be very frugal with a bill of only £50 A month.

I use around 300kw a month which here equates to around £56

Going by figures given for Spain on this thread with standing charge etc it would be around £105 a month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.