Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Question for those who live in Seville.

Question for those who live in Seville.

Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Emmy8580 will become famous soon enough
Default Question for those who live in Seville.

I'm a university student who has to go to Spain for nine months as part of her language course. For my course, I am going to be a language assistant in a school somewhere on the outskirts of Seville.

I heard that there is going to be a Seville metro, which could affect where I live. If possible, could anybody please give me some information on this metro? Do you have any idea on when it might be opened? Please do let me know. Many thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Question for those who live in Seville.

hi Emmy - I don't live in Seville but travel through it and stop over a few times each year and hoping that the new 'tramways' will be a great success. They will take time to complete. The short tram line in the central area linking Nueva Plaza & Prado de San Sebastian seems to have taken forever to finish but now is working smoothly - or at least it was when I last rode it.
Much of the information about the routes of the lines are on http://www.metrodesevilla.org/
I read that Line One has 72% completed. How long the other 28% takes is another matter. Perhaps you should not believe that within your stay in Seville you will be able to use it. But take a look at the information !
There are recent videos of the works to watch. And August is normally a slow month for work especially in Seville when the temperatures soar.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Emmy, I've sent you a p.m.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I don't live in Seville either, but, along with Nige's link, here are 2 more:
http://www.sevilla21.com/metro/ (Have a look at the discussion forum.)
http://www.tramvia.org/tranvias-spain/sevilla.htm
(Note the metrodesevilla.net domain has expired.)

For more news, and other seville info:
http://www.exploreseville.com/news.htm#tranvia

Hope it helps,

Carol
Old Aug 25th 2008, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emmy, I live just outside Sevilla and work in Sevilla. As advised above I wouldnt bank on the metro running in the next few months. They have done some test runs on the metro but apart from the new tram working there is a huge amount of work to get the whole of the new system up and running. However the bus routes in and out of Sevilla are reliable, run more or less to time and cheap especially if you get the 10 ride bono tickets. Which school will you be based at?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Emmy8580 will become famous soon enough

Sorry for the late reply, everybody!

Thanks for the links for the sites. They will be very useful.

I have also managed to find a bit about the bus system, which hopefully might make my choice easier.

El Captain, I'll send you a PM.