Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Question Regarding Healthcare In Spain

Question Regarding Healthcare In Spain

Old Mar 4th 2016, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Blass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really nice
Default Question Regarding Healthcare In Spain

Hi everyone I have a question about getting a S1 form once I have reached retirement age.

Our scenario is myself and my partner want to take early retirement. We have savings to live off before we get our pensions and when we would first move over we would take out private insurance. We would then take convenio especial and pay for the prescriptions on top of that and have no problems with that.

My question is when I am eligible for my pension 2020 and apply for a S1 form are you allowed to do that as a Spanish resident and living in Spain? Or are you classed as having cut all ties with the Uk ?

I don't think I would be able to and I just wanted to check. I quite like the convenio especial has anyone got any feedback on this ?

I have emailed the [email protected] but got a reply saying it could take 20 days so thought someone might know on here.

Thank you in advance
Old Mar 4th 2016, 11:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question Regarding Healthcare In Spain

Originally Posted by Blass
Hi everyone I have a question about getting a S1 form once I have reached retirement age.

Our scenario is myself and my partner want to take early retirement. We have savings to live off before we get our pensions and when we would first move over we would take out private insurance. We would then take convenio especial and pay for the prescriptions on top of that and have no problems with that.

My question is when I am eligible for my pension 2020 and apply for a S1 form are you allowed to do that as a Spanish resident and living in Spain? Or are you classed as having cut all ties with the Uk ?

I don't think I would be able to and I just wanted to check. I quite like the convenio especial has anyone got any feedback on this ?

I have emailed the [email protected] but got a reply saying it could take 20 days so thought someone might know on here.

Thank you in advance
Once you, or your wife, become UK pensioners you can get the S1, living in Spain is no barrier, jsu remember that whoever reaches the age first should ask for the other one to be added, this means that if one is still saom years away from pension age then both can get the advantage.
Old Mar 4th 2016, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question Regarding Healthcare In Spain

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Once you, or your wife, become UK pensioners you can get the S1, living in Spain is no barrier, jsu remember that whoever reaches the age first should ask for the other one to be added, this means that if one is still saom years away from pension age then both can get the advantage.
That may change after the 23 June depending on the outcome ! But hopefully not.