Reload this Page >

A question on the Job market

A question on the Job market

Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Nicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A question on the Job market

Hello all,

i have been reading several threads where the wording is or similar too...*There is a tough job market, there are no jobs*, etc etc. Then i did some googling, and up pops thousands of jobs all around spain.

Just wanted to know if the *tough job market, and no jobs* issue is because of lack of the spanish language by the applicant, or is it a geographic issue.

rgds

Nick
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question on the Job market

Originally Posted by Nicks
Hello all,

i have been reading several threads where the wording is or similar too...*There is a tough job market, there are no jobs*, etc etc. Then i did some googling, and up pops thousands of jobs all around spain.

Just wanted to know if the *tough job market, and no jobs* issue is because of lack of the spanish language by the applicant, or is it a geographic issue.

rgds

Nick
Plenty of scamming jobs on telephones, what else did you see ????
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

rgds

Nick
maybe you could share the sites you found the jobs as there are plenty of people here looking for work
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Nicks is an unknown quantity at this point

What i did was to google *Bolsa de Trabajo España*

In and around gibraltar it was all about IT, programing customer service etc. Along the coast mostly restaurant/hotel jobs, in the bigger cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante etc, there were all kinds of jobs. Many asked for bilingual applicants, especially in the bigger cities and tourist areas, some demand that you are located in spain when you apply.
Here are the first 4 sites i found:

You can search by city, area, position, or general area of intrest.

www.computrabajo.es/

www.trabajos.com/

www.infojobs.net/

www.monster.es/

nick
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

In and around gibraltar it was all about IT, programing customer service etc. Along the coast mostly restaurant/hotel jobs, in the bigger cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante etc, there were all kinds of jobs. Many asked for bilingual applicants, especially in the bigger cities and tourist areas, some demand that you are located in spain when you apply.

www.computrabajo.es/

www.trabajos.com/

www.infojobs.net/

www.monster.es/

nick
thanks, yes there was a thread recently about IT work - I posted some recruitment sites so these will be useful too
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:11 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

www.computrabajo.es/

www.trabajos.com/

www.infojobs.net/

www.monster.es/

nick
Yes, there are plenty of jobs available especially of you have flexibilty geographically or are able to work in the big cities. As you say, if you search, hundreds come up, some requiring spanish, some not. Don't know why people are always so negative.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:32 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

On the news a couple of days ago it said that unemployment in Spain was down to its lowest figure since I forget exactly when, but the 1970s or 1980s.

So yes, if people are finding the job market tough it's because they are ill qualified to get a decent job.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:43 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by keithwalters
On the news a couple of days ago it said that unemployment in Spain was down to its lowest figure since I forget exactly when, but the 1970s or 1980s.

So yes, if people are finding the job market tough it's because they are ill qualified to get a decent job.
And in some parts of spain, it's among the lowest of europe. I think in the basque country current unemployment levels sit at 3.6% and in the UK it's 5.5%.

Obviously there are some people who want to turn up to a place in the sun and walk into a job. That's not likely to happen.