Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Question about jokes.

Question about jokes.

Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:57 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about jokes.

I don't think this is politically correct, but it sure is funny> http://www.animatronics.org/strangers/strangers.htm
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:01 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

My friend wrote to me using a blank card and on the front there is a picture of an old man scratching his head and saying "To my deafness I´m accustomed . To my dentures I´m resigned. I can manage my bifocals. But, Oh! How I miss my mind".

Rosemary
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:02 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
My friend wrote to me using a blank card and on the front there is a picture of an old man scratching his head and saying "To my deafness I´m accustomed . To my dentures I´m resigned. I can manage my bifocals. But, Oh! How I miss my mind".

Rosemary
Yeah, age is unforgiving. I always like people who can be self mocking and laugh at their own problems.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:30 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Even from the small samples of different kinds of humour posted on this thread, you can see that people laugh at different things. And get offended by different things.

Some jokes depend on using the C word, which is pretty taboo, and only one UK newspaper to my knowledge allows its unabridged use, the good old Guardian.

In the US, using the N word is totally frowned upon, for historical reasons, apart from when it is used by black people among themselves.

I feel uncomfortable when I’m in the company of people whom I judge not to have a sense of humour, but I could well be wrong, maybe theirs is just different to mine. And I’m sure that Jehova’s Witnesses have a sense of humour, you need one to go knocking on all those doors and have people shouting at you.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 8:10 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Even from the small samples of different kinds of humour posted on this thread, you can see that people laugh at different things. And get offended by different things.

Some jokes depend on using the C word, which is pretty taboo, and only one UK newspaper to my knowledge allows its unabridged use, the good old Guardian.

In the US, using the N word is totally frowned upon, for historical reasons, apart from when it is used by black people among themselves.

I feel uncomfortable when I’m in the company of people whom I judge not to have a sense of humour, but I could well be wrong, maybe theirs is just different to mine. And I’m sure that Jehova’s Witnesses have a sense of humour, you need one to go knocking on all those doors and have people shouting at you.
Jovos can be nice people, just terribly misguided. They basically say that if you are very, very good, then god will make a copy of you and allow it to enjoy heaven.

Not, to my mind the greatest inducement to do what they say.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

The C word Coño is used even by old ladies in our pueblo But if you say 'oyster'...well out of order
It's all a matter of culture.

And when discussing culture. We (OH and I) were musing the other day, why it was that the convicts we exported to Australia turned out to be pretty nice friendly people, whereas the 'religious' we sent to America turned out to be selfish judgemental twats! There, I used my favourite expletive nice and explosive!
Means almost exactly the same as the c word, but somehow, just a little more acceptable:-)
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
We (OH and I) were musing the other day, why it was that the convicts we exported to Australia turned out to be pretty nice friendly people, whereas the 'religious' we sent to America turned out to be selfish judgemental twats! :-)

I'll remember that one!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:28 am
bil
Banned

The C word Coño is used even by old ladies in our pueblo But if you say 'oyster'...well out of order
It's all a matter of culture.

And when discussing culture. We (OH and I) were musing the other day, why it was that the convicts we exported to Australia turned out to be pretty nice friendly people, whereas the 'religious' we sent to America turned out to be selfish judgemental twats! There, I used my favourite expletive nice and explosive!
Means almost exactly the same as the c word, but somehow, just a little more acceptable:-)
Oyster? I thought that was someone who spoke Yiddish.

Do they mean oyster as in bearded clam, or what?

Oh yeah, you mentioned selfish judgemental twats. You forgot genocidal.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Oysters as in "Hostia" which is replaced by "Ostras" (Oysters) if you are being polite and dont wont to use a swearword.

Apparently the word has religious connotations which is why in Andalucia its a harsh one as in "Me cago en la hostia" or "Te doy una hostia" or "Va a todo hostia".

Hostia literally means host, but religiously it refers to Jesus Christ who is the "host of God"
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:43 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Do they mean oyster as in bearded clam, or what?

Oh yeah, you mentioned selfish judgemental twats. You forgot genocidal.
It is not ostra for an exclamation, it is ostras.

Some get confused with ostra and hostia, as they sound similar.

Hostia is also an exclamation...........and a clout, but it is really the "host" that is given in communion by the priest, sort of a holy pringle.

Last edited by JLFS; Mar 9th 2011 at 5:46 am.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
It is not ostra for an exclamation, it is ostras.

Some get confused with ostra and hostia, as they sound similar.

Hostia is also an exclamation...........and a clout, but it is really the "host" that is given in communion by the priest, sort of a holy pringle.
Ah JFLS And you half Spaniard!
You should know that saying Ostra! instead of Hostia! is like saying Fe*k instead of F*** And so, is considered just as rude by many Catholics.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:48 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Ah JFLS And you half Spaniard!
You should know that saying Ostra! instead of Hostia! is like saying Fe*k instead of F*** And so, is considered just as rude by many Catholics.
in my circles, ostras is used, not ostra, that is what I was trying to say, and as ostra could sound like Hostia, it could be your way, but I would say hostia in singular and ostras in plural, both exclamations, like bugger, bollocks or whatever.

And Hostia, has never been F**k, not as far as I amconcerned anyway.
And I am not half Spanish, I am Spanish.

http://es.thefreedictionary.com/ostras

Last edited by JLFS; Mar 9th 2011 at 7:52 am.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:01 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Foyate, that’s how I know it, I’ve heard it often enough, I live in a rough place. And if I witnessed something bad, Hoder would be appropriate.

Mis huevos is what the Spanish Old Bill say when they stop you and you try and bullshit them with a duff MOT and tax, before they seize your car.

When they say Hijo de Puta, don’t move, because they’ve drawn their guns.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
Foyate, that’s how I know it, I’ve heard it often enough, I live in a rough place. And if I witnessed something bad, Hoder would be appropriate.

Mis huevos is what the Spanish Old Bill say when they stop you and you try and bullshit them with a duff MOT and tax, before they seize your car.

When they say Hijo de Puta, don’t move, because they’ve drawn their guns.
Foyate:

I think you mean from the ver follar...

Hoder:

you mean joder.....
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:28 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JLFS
Foyate:

I think you mean from the ver follar...

Hoder:

you mean joder.....
**** off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.