Question?

Old Apr 13th 2015, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat014 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat014 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat014 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat014 is a jewel in the rough
Default Question?

Hi all,

Just had a knock on my door from the Ayuntamiento they require me to:
update and confirm my details on the local registers and the CERE(Census of European Residents in Spain) and the periodical review of foreign European citizen residence at the Statistics office in the Ayuntamiento..

Never heard of this before anyone know what it's all about...
Old Apr 13th 2015, 1:42 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question?

Originally Posted by hasbeen
Hi all,

Just had a knock on my door from the Ayuntamiento they require me to:
update and confirm my details on the local registers and the CERE(Census of European Residents in Spain) and the periodical review of foreign European citizen residence at the Statistics office in the Ayuntamiento..

Never heard of this before anyone know what it's all about...
Town halls will often check that their database of who's on the padron is up-to-date. This is an edict from central government in Madrid.

The rest, I guess, is them getting their ship in order.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat014 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat014 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat014 is a jewel in the roughscrubbedexpat014 is a jewel in the rough

Cheers snikpoh, I just thought it a bit strange re the fact I've just updated my pardon, but then again after being here for more than 10yrs you'd think I'd know the way of the "bit of paper" by now!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2015, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that this was being done as it used to be quite common to sign on the padron and in fact encouraged as the ayuntamiento then got money for each person on the padron from central government. Many of the people on the pardon were then claiming rightly or wrongly that they were non resident. Central government in these times of hardship won't pay ayuntamiento for non residents. Hence these checks. I seem to remember a while back someone posting that friends had been visited by police to tell them if you are on the padron become resident and comply with legislation and taxes, if you are not resident come of the pardon and stick to 183 day rule! Seems fair to me. I am non resident and have disagreements many times with people saying you should be on the padron? I say but that is saying it is my habitual residency? So no I should not be on it.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 3:51 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

For the benefit of people reading this thread, what is a 'pardon' is the the replacement for the 'Padron' or have people done something wrong and need to be given a pardon for it ..
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Padron is short for Volante de Empadronamiento a register of local inhabitants.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:05 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

My spell checker ALWAYS changes Padron for pardon - don´t you just hate technology LOL
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
For the benefit of people reading this thread, what is a 'pardon' is the the replacement for the 'Padron' or have people done something wrong and need to be given a pardon for it ..
Originally Posted by mikelincs
Please ensure toe things before making any sort of decision as to which mobile park to move to..

1}. Is the park legal, has it got the proper licenses.

2}. Will it allow 12 month occupation, many of them only have an 11 month license.
If you will PARDON the TOE you seem to have put your foot in it mike
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I had corrected all mine but see one slipped through! Technology and me obviously not the best mix
Old Apr 13th 2015, 5:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I am non resident and have disagreements many times with people saying you should be on the padron? I say but that is saying it is my habitual residency? So no I should not be on it.
You are quite correct. You should only be on the Padron if you HABITUALLY live in that town. That means living there for the majority of your time.

If you were living here habitually you would normally be tax resident.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

This is where the whole Spanish system falls down.

You can't sign the padron as a non resident, yet it is a requirement for many official things such as you can't buy a car without showing your padron.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 7:53 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
This is where the whole Spanish system falls down.

You can't sign the padron as a non resident, yet it is a requirement for many official things such as you can't buy a car without showing your padron.
legally & according to the DGT, you can buy a car without the padrón

all you need is proof of address & photo ID such as your passport or driving licence - if you own a property they should accept your escritura

I can't think of anything a non-resident would need a padrón cert for
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lynnaxa this is exactly the dispute I have had with people . I have pointed out that as we are truly non resident and all its rules and supposed means of checking monitoring metres etc (if it happens). Point is if as Fred says if you have signed the padron then no need for any of that, as they have a signed declaration that Spain is your habitual home. At the end of the day you can purchase a house in Spain without being on the padron so it should not be beyond the whit of man to purchase a car or do other things associated with your house purchase to make use of it. I think it used to be as I said a given you signed padron but that has changed for true non residents.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 12:38 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Lynnaxa this is exactly the dispute I have had with people . I have pointed out that as we are truly non resident and all its rules and supposed means of checking monitoring metres etc (if it happens). Point is if as Fred says if you have signed the padron then no need for any of that, as they have a signed declaration that Spain is your habitual home. At the end of the day you can purchase a house in Spain without being on the padron so it should not be beyond the whit of man to purchase a car or do other things associated with your house purchase to make use of it. I think it used to be as I said a given you signed padron but that has changed for true non residents.
the rules haven't changed - it's just that some ayuntamientos used to (some still do ) encourage non-resident property owners to register on the padrón - of course because they get money for everyone on the list

Madrid has 'caught up' with them though - & it has also caused problems for a lot of non-residents who should never have been on the padrón in the first place

the other issue though, is that many actual residents don't register on the padrón, ,nor as resident
Old Apr 14th 2015, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes that is how I meant it to come out not a rule change. Central government checking ayuntamiento are not claiming money for non residents registered on the padron. As for your final point there will always be some that live under the radar, but they may if have signed on the padron get a knock on the door!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.