Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Query on letter from NHS Business Services Authority

Query on letter from NHS Business Services Authority

Old Oct 8th 2019, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future
Default Query on letter from NHS Business Services Authority

I am presuming that it is not only English people I know in my area that are receiving the letter regarding "Your healthcare after Brexit" and hope someone can help me with a query I have regarding the sentences "After 31 October 2019, you will be able to access free NHS care when temporarily visiting England, Scotland and Wales. To access NHS services you will need to present a copy of your S1 form." We never received an S1. We moved over 18 years ago and when we reached retirement we were sent an E121, which I assume is now called an S1? We were sent 2 copies which we had to hand over to the Spanish INSS and they signed both copies, then sent one back to the UK office and kept the other. If the system has now changed does that mean I have to request a copy of my S1 from the UK in order to have one available?
Old Oct 8th 2019, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query on letter from NHS Business Services Authority

When I received my S1 in the accompanying letter it explained this (in fact it's been the case since around 2015) it suggested keeping a copy of the S1 in case of problems re this. maybe if you ring them they will be able to provide you with a copy of something to prove your right?
Old Oct 8th 2019, 5:59 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

You should have kept one of the originals for your own use.

I would request another one from UK now
Old Oct 8th 2019, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

My letter said keep a copy. Both original S1s were taken by INSS when I submitted the S1. I believe that they then send a copy back to Newcastle stamped or whatever to prove you have been fully registered on the Spanish system?