quarantine

Old Jun 9th 2020, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quarantine

Originally Posted by Rita_
Many thanks for the quick reply, just checking does having a NIF number give you residency (document that we had to get stamped when we purchased the apartment 16 years ago) or is residency a level above that.. we do pay some property taxes!
Nie or Nif is not Residencia. Nie is like your National insurance no in Gb
Old Jun 9th 2020, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rita_
Many thanks for the quick reply, just checking does having a NIF number give you residency (document that we had to get stamped when we purchased the apartment 16 years ago) or is residency a level above that.. we do pay some property taxes!
NIE is the National ID number for foreigners It doesn't give you any access to any state services but you have to have it to conduct many transactions eg buying a property/car, paying tax etc. Residencia needs a formal application and jumping through a number of hoops before you qualify as a resident. It will probably be harder after 31st December (Brexit) as you will have to qualify as an alien rather than an EU citizen. I suspect it may be a bit late to apply for a residencia but you could try - you probably need the services of an abagado to get it done quickly.

Last edited by MikeJ; Jun 9th 2020 at 11:47 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

For Information. You can now apply for Residencia in Ayamonte. No need to go to Huelva
Old Jun 10th 2020, 9:31 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a recent article from June 8.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transp...sitors-1995876
  • It's not 100% sure that UK visitors to Spain will have totally free access on 1July according to this..
  • Portugal is in talks with the UK re airbridge.
  • In 17 years crossing the bridge I've never had to produce ID. Though all are required to have one on their person. The town hall will notarise a photocopy. Esurijohn once posted that they would notarise a reduced size copy which he laminated. I don't know if any of this has changed.

Visitors coming in from the UK to Faro may expect to have the same freedom crossing the border, especially with a PT registered rent car.

But there could be increased checks ... So I personally wouldnt 'fiddle it' without being sure that we had open access.

I mentioned earlier that the EU are looking at origin tracking (no announcement yet) so I would also bring some proof if I was not coming from the UK

Let's see if our numbers can improve so none of these special measures need to be taken.

That leaves quarantine on re-entry to the UK to also consider

Jon
Old Jun 10th 2020, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the lack of compliance with social distancing , the wearing of a mask in the required places and the complete ignorance of some people I will be very surprised if we don't have a spike in cases. Our communal pool is open with no obvious adherence to the rules, a sign on the gate saying wash your hands. The queues coming down from the North of Portugal and the pictures of the crowded beaches along the Algarve with little or no compliance there either means they could have a rise in cases also. Unless you have been tested you have no idea if you have it or not, feeling fine is an ignorant statement with health of others at risk by your selfish behaviour and lack of common sense. It looks like we will not learn from this either. Me me me society a LOT less of us but what the heck I am ok jack mentality !
Old Jun 10th 2020, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
  • In 17 years crossing the bridge I've never had to produce ID. Though all are required to have one on their person.
Jon
But you did in the good old days when there was only the ferry or a long drive
Old Jun 10th 2020, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Kayann is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you now apply at the comisaría? That was possible when we bought in 2003. Might avoid the queues at the foreigner’s office in Huelva.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
For Information. You can now apply for Residencia in Ayamonte. No need to go to Huelva
Which office do you go to for this and do you need a Cita Previa?
Old Jun 11th 2020, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Which office do you go to for this and do you need a Cita Previa?
Not sure John but a friend got theirs yesterday.
They went through a solicitor Ana Paula. Possibly at the Police station and you do need an appointment

Old Jun 11th 2020, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Not sure John but a friend got theirs yesterday.
They went through a solicitor Ana Paula. Possibly at the Police station and you do need an appointment
Thanks for that.