Reload this Page >

Public transport Alicante - Benidom - Benicassim

Public transport Alicante - Benidom - Benicassim

Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Glasgow Billy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Public transport Alicante - Benidom - Benicassim

Hi all,

As some might be aware i am moving to Benidorm later in the year. I was planning on going over a few times before making the move to check things out.

I have now decided to head over on July 15th to Alicante and make my way to Benidorm for two nights. On the morning of the 17th i am planning on going to the Benicassim concert and travel by public transport. I will find somewhere to stay in this area until the 22nd. Any info on the area and hotels are most welcome.

On the afternoon of the 22nd i will head back to Benidorm for the Low festival which starts on the 25th till the 27th. On Monday the 28th i will travel back to Alicante airport for my flight back to work.

Now i have shared my plans, can anyone tell me the costs involved with public transport? I have seen that travelling from Benidorm to Benicassim can take up to 6 hours by public transport with many change overs. Would i be better with a hired car for 2 weeks? Some of the roads have tolls. Are they expensive? With a hired car i could make time to stop off at other places close to Benidorm.

I am trying to get an idea of the costs involved. I though about camping at the concerts, but i will be going direct from work to work, so carrying a tent around is out of the question.

Any assistance in planning my journey is greatly appreciated.

I'm getting excited already.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Public transport Alicante - Benidom - Benicassim

wow! 93 views and not one reply.

Was it something i said? or nobody uses public transport.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Surely Google maps will give you most of the info. When you have the route you can then go on the Alsa site (buses) orRenfe(trains) to get the prices and times. Personally I would hire a car. The tolls (at a guess)would be around 15 Euros each way.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Surely Google maps will give you most of the info. When you have the route you can then go on the Alsa site (buses) orRenfe(trains) to get the prices and times. Personally I would hire a car. The tolls (at a guess)would be around 15 Euros each way.
Google is not the same as personal opinions Johnnyone.

Thanks for the info though. I did not have a clue how much the tolls cost and i will check out them buses and trains.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

This was taken from google maps directions and seems a good route to me. I would not take public transport in Valencia but would take a cab in Valencia to the station.

Benidorm
Alacant, Spain
Benidorm Avd.Europa
Bus Alicante-Valencia A7 Sd Y F Bus towards Valencia
09:00 - 10:45 (1 hour 45 mins, 2 stops)
Valencia
Walk Walk to Pius XII - Tirso de Molina
About 6 mins (14 mins to make transfer)
Pius XII - Tirso de Molina Stop ID: 409
Bus64 Bus towards Bulevard Sud (par) - Hospital La Fe
10:58 - 11:11 (12 mins, 10 stops)
Giorgeta - Mora de Rubielos Stop ID: 1696
Walk Walk to Valencia Joaquin Sorolla
About 2 mins (7 mins to make transfer)
Valencia Joaquin Sorolla
Train Madrid-Puerta de Atocha/Barcelona-Estacio de Franca Train towards Barcelona-Estacio de Franca
11:18 - 12:18 (1 hour 0 mins, 3 stops)

NB There are also trains from Estacion Del Nord so check you go to the correct station.

Benicassim/benicasim

Benicàssim
Castelló, Spain

Last edited by johnnyone; Apr 21st 2014 at 4:14 pm.