Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

pruna near ronda

pruna near ronda

Old May 12th 2006, 8:01 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: pruna near ronda

Originally Posted by Nige
The days of Empire. POSH. Pukkah sahib. Memsahib. Evenings at the club playing bridge. Waiting for the mail to arrive. .......Just like Chiclana I guess. Except you can't get the servants.
Actually Nige it wasn't all like that....and I am not that old. By the time I was growing up it was all prohibition and illicit liquor and proper whisky when one could get it..as to handlebar moustaches...yes I believe my great grandfather has one in some ancient pic, but he was an illiterate road digger from Ireland who fled working class poverty for an easier life in India. They educated him in the army so he could work as a travelling audit inspector until he died on a farewell tour of India before he returned to Ireland. Do card games carry social status too ?? I seem to remember hearing about whist drives rather than bridge. And aren't many of us employing servants to care for the garden, pool etc etc while we earn the dosh to pay for it all in Blighty ??
Amara loved flying but never considered it as an option. I did learn to sail though..Isn't it wonderful how this forum can take a thread and spin off in unexpected directions?? Well it is an expats forum.....