Reload this Page >

Provinces selling co proxamol in Spain

Provinces selling co proxamol in Spain

Old Jan 29th 2016, 11:19 am
Just Joined

ThankfulWanyana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Provinces selling co proxamol in Spain

Hello I'm new to this forum I hope I've sent posted this in the right place

I have a friend who is going to Spain and I wondered if anyone knows which provinces sell co proxamol in their pharmacies please?

Old Jan 29th 2016, 11:57 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Provinces selling co proxamol in Spain

Specifically I don't but they sell Co-codamol which is wonderful and a lot stronger.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ThankfulWanyana
Hello I'm new to this forum I hope I've sent posted this in the right place

I have a friend who is going to Spain and I wondered if anyone knows which provinces sell co proxamol in their pharmacies please?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 30th 2016, 9:13 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you take the prescription packet with you to any Farmacia and I am sure they will be able to sell you the same or equivalent.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies missile, rosemary, and snikpoh.

I will make sure that my friend's passes on her prescription , to whoever is going to Spain . unfortunately co-codamol does not work for her, and Co proxamol is the only thing that will work . she has now had it withdrawn in the UK and we're trying to find out where she can get it in Europe :-)
Old Feb 1st 2016, 1:32 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Many farmacias are reluctant to sell some medications e.g. antibiotics without a current prescription, you may have to try more than one.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Thank you missile
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 9:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your replies missile, rosemary, and snikpoh.

I will make sure that my friend's passes on her prescription , to whoever is going to Spain . unfortunately co-codamol does not work for her, and Co proxamol is the only thing that will work . she has now had it withdrawn in the UK and we're trying to find out where she can get it in Europe :-)
Sounds a bit odd that her GP has stopped prescribing it in the UK.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 9:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Sounds a bit odd that her GP has stopped prescribing it in the UK.
I thought that too until I investigated it a little further and discovered that they have stopped prescribing due to dangerous side effects.

Rosemary
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 9:49 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Coproxamol has been withdrawn in many EU countries on the recommendation of the European Medicines Agency.

It is not (officially) available in Spain.

http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/...C500014076.pdf
Old Feb 8th 2016, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply , there is a big debate about co proxamol, my friend knows about the Dangers excetra, she would prefer to have a bearable life even if it's shorter , than to live life with unbearable pain .
Apparently it is not available officially in the UK but some people are still being prescribed it and are able to take it .
In Spain the cost is about one tenth of the cost here in the UK . I wondered if this was the case in other European countries.

Last edited by ThankfulWanyana; Feb 8th 2016 at 10:17 am.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 11:58 am
Just Joined

As I said there's a long discussion about co-proxamol, if people are interested in the discussion it's on the patients forum

My friend is a very kind lady and very caring, and I so much want to be able to help her as she does not deserve to be in the dreadful pain that she is in.

She did have a friend who is able to get hold of it but is not coming back to the UK until March , we have not been able to find out which province that was in.

We are wanting to make a list of any other provinces where it is possible to get Coproxamol for her. Thank you.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:50 pm
Started off with nothing

If she has a source she could post it. I have posted pills before.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
If she has a source she could post it. I have posted pills before.
Posting, or otherwise importing (carrying) unapproved, or approved pharmaceuticals without a valid prescription into the UK is a crime, and a serious one - could get you imprisoned for trafficking drugs. I would recommend that you do not do that (again).
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

As I said there's a long discussion about co-proxamol, if people are interested in the discussion it's on the patients forum

My friend is a very kind lady and very caring, and I so much want to be able to help her as she does not deserve to be in the dreadful pain that she is in.

She did have a friend who is able to get hold of it but is not coming back to the UK until March , we have not been able to find out which province that was in.

We are wanting to make a list of any other provinces where it is possible to get Coproxamol for her. Thank you.
It is most probably illegal to buy it outside the UK for use in the UK. I hope no one would be so irresponsible as to ask someone to bring such meds into the country.

As this thread is discussing an illegal activity I am closing this thread as per our Site rules.