Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Property Renters: What's your current experience?

Property Renters: What's your current experience?

Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Quiterio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Renters: What's your current experience?

Hi everybody!

We rent out our house in Chiclana when we're in the UK, and advertise it on Owners Direct and some other sites.

We're getting loads of email enquiries at the moment, and spend a lot of time replying - usually within 24 hours - with a response that tries to be as friendly and helpful as possible. We believe that our all-inclusive prices compare favourably with other similar properties in the area.

So how come nobody's getting back to us? Is this just a sign of the times? Are people making enquiries in the mistaken belief that it's a route to a really cheap holiday? It would be nice even to get a 'Thanks, but no thanks.' We've sent a dummy enquiry just to check that there's no technical reason for replies not getting back to us.

So what I want to know is - is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Property Renters: What's your current experience?

Have you looked through the many others properties on that web site in your area and compared what is being offered ? I see that there are a total of 98 'properties' in Chiclana for rent. Not all villas though.
Maybe people are initially trawling through the list and may have been drawn to 2 or 3 or more and are coming to a decision. Maybe yours is just pipped at the post because of something better being offered by another? Maybe yours was looked at because the price at first glance looks better?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe they are all in your position and just looking at what price to rent theirs out at.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Sneezey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yes I'm on a Spanish site and get loads of enquiries which I too reply politely to either by email or phone. As you say no one has come back to me yet.I have even tried reducing the price and still no joy.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:40 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I think there are far more properties available and less genuine enquiries. Renters are spoilt for choice. The big players like James Villas have been forced to slash their prices. I don't see how they can make a profit at the current rental rates.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Well I look after the bookings for a friend´s house with Owners Direct and have no problems re bookings. Personally I reply immediately and the property must be at a reasonable rental. Also do keep your availability calendar up to date.