Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Property Pse - Legal Costs

Property Pse - Legal Costs

Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:29 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Pse - Legal Costs

Is anyone able to tell me at what stage you pay the Land Registry fee, stamp duty etc. We are not instructing Solicitors for our property purchase other than for the day of completion and the registration afterwards of our title to the property and to pay our stamp duty.

Do we have to send the money prior to completion or can we take it with us or send it to our euro bank account ready for when we go over to complete and pay the Solicitor then.

Before anyone tells us we should have Solicitors, we have seen the builder's title to the property, building licence etc. and are very happy so far. We have also obtained bank guarantees to cover the amount of money we have already sent.

I have forward booked the main amount that we must pay the builders but don't know whether to forward book the legal costs or not.

Any assistance?