Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Property demolished in Pago Melilla

Property demolished in Pago Melilla

Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Generators in Chiclana

Originally Posted by weemac
Not ours, or our street, I would have heard by now.

Thanks for the notice though I will try and see if I can backtrack in the newspaper.

Are you sure it isn't the other way around. I did read that some people have taken the ayuntamiento to court for not making their houses legal and the judges have gone against the ayuntamiento stating that the PGOU (town plan) is illegal?
I too have heard that they have demolished a illegal house in Pago Melilla. I have no idea why or the nationality of the owner.

With regard to the PGOU plan for Chiclana. I was given to understand that approval had now been granted to the ayuntamiento. Perhaps somebody else could clarify this point?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:54 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Update on the house in Pago Melilla - it was built on protected land. The owner bought it to put a stable on for his horses, applied for a wall to surround it, was turned down so built a house instead! As you do here! Also the six month sentence was bought out at 15 euros a day
Dave
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
I too have heard that they have demolished a illegal house in Pago Melilla. I have no idea why or the nationality of the owner.

With regard to the PGOU plan for Chiclana. I was given to understand that approval had now been granted to the ayuntamiento. Perhaps somebody else could clarify this point?
Can you start a new thread on this one as it may be picked up by someone who has some more up to date news and isnĀ“t interested in generators.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Started new thread for this story. jdr
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi
Update on the house in Pago Melilla - it was built on protected land. The owner bought it to put a stable on for his horses, applied for a wall to surround it, was turned down so built a house instead! As you do here! Also the six month sentence was bought out at 15 euros a day
Dave
Hi when you say protected land what do you mean and do you know who ordered this demolition?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:50 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property demolished in Pago Melilla

Hi
I am no expert on law, but apparently some white land has a special protection order, and in this case I believe that it is a site of special interest. The demolition was by the order of the court. It is a one off, but just goes to show, if you apply for planning permission and don't get it then you can be taken to court. Tongue in cheek time "Is that why builders don't ask for or get permission to build the odd house?"

Dave
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Property demolished in Pago Melilla

[QUOTE=Dxf;4490500]Hi
I am no expert on law, but apparently some white land has a special protection order, and in this case I believe that it is a site of special interest. The demolition was by the order of the court. It is a one off, but just goes to show, if you apply for planning permission and don't get it then you can be taken to court. Tongue in cheek time "Is that why builders don't ask for or get permission to build the odd house?"

Dave[/QUOTE
Thanks for the info.
I think that quite a lot of houses constructed in Pago Melilla are on white land however I dont know if this land is classed as special interest. The principal reason builders dont ask for permission is to save money and if they did apply for planning permission its almost certain it would not be granted. This is why we have thousands of properties in Chiclana that are illegal!