Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Property at the best price?

Property at the best price?

Old May 2nd 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Property at the best price?

Hi Todos,
I have just returned from Fuengirola from my pad, the weather was patchy, but I had such a great time. We visited the Feria of food and dance on the Feria ground which was great and generally fitted back into our "other" life without much effort.
I have always wanted to move over to Spain but my wife has a good job in Uk she does not want to give it up, this time probably cause she is sick of her job she said she wanted to move out there, but if we buy a villa (our apartment is a little restrictive).
My wife was reading Sur and saw a villa with 2 underbuilt apartments in El Faro, we decided to view it, The villa was lovely but with bad access and limited parking, also there was little with regard to commercials there, but here is the best bit it was E220 000 a bargain if that is what you want.

I have a feeling the market has hit a very low point, so we started looking and found one just up our street but it had just been reserved as a bank repo!
The question is and it has been asked before and I have searched and read it ! Does anyone know of anygood sites from banks or interested parties where I can find these bargains?

Some people are still asking silly prices for stuff and I would like a bargain!

Regards
LPH
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of
Default Re: Property at the best price?

U are unlikely to get a good deal from a bank. My OH has been trying for at least a year. They simply value the property at the valor tasacion price and have a take it or leave it attitude. In most cases the valor tasacion refelcts asking prices from "reputable" sources like TINSA, which you should know are complete rubbish.

If you do wish to go down that road, most of the banks/cajas have their own inmobiliara websites, selling the over priced repos. Some of them are targetting the gullible Brits and Irish as the banks know that they haven't got a clue about real value.

One final point, the websites give the impression that the props are being sold directly through the bak, but if u research you will find that it's third parties that are doing the selling (under the banks' name), hence the complete disinterest in negotiation.

Good Luck.
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply, I was in Caixa bank and they told me they list the prices at the considered market price and then you have to haggle, usually saving loads, Is that True?

Also I can only find (so far) Caixa, and Bankinters property sales pages, are there better ones, if so which. just explorin another avenida.

Regards
Al
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

It is true that bank reposessions are still too expensive. But, you can get 100% financing. However, the banks may revoke it at any time.

You may try their sites for some "special offers" like
http://www.oportunidadescam.es/?utm_...NA%2BWEB%2BCAM

Another option is to check www.kyero.com where discounted properties can be searched and listed for each region.

However, it is still too early to purchase a home in Spain. The prices are still too high and the homeowner are still reluctant to sell. They want to keep their homes until the price fall further.

If you are patient and wait for a year or two, you will be able to get much better deal. Right now, there is not a trace of any indicator which would make the house prices in Spain more expensive.

Majority of the homeowners is very disapointed and disillusioned. They are asking for too high prices with intension to return asap back home. Virtually nobody of them is interested to invest the money gained from the property sale again in Spain.

Why would you be interested if they are not?

Last edited by kazic; May 2nd 2011 at 8:55 pm.
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:58 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazic
It is true that bank reposessions are still too expensive. But, you can get 100% financing. However, the banks may revoke it at any time.

You may try their sites for some "special offers" like
http://www.oportunidadescam.es/?utm_...NA%2BWEB%2BCAM

Another option is to check www.kyero.com where discounted properties can be searched and listed for each region.

However, it is still too early to purchase a home in Spain. The prices are still too high and the homeowner are still reluctant to sell. They want to keep their homes until the price fall further.
If you are patient and wait for a year or two, you will be able to get much better deal. Right now, there is not a trace of any indicator which would make the house prices in Spain more expensive.

Majority of the homeowners is very disapointed and disillusioned. They are asking for too high prices with intension to return asap back home. Virtually nobody of them is interested to invest the money gained from the property sale again in Spain.

Why would you be interested if they are not?
So home owners still dont want to sell, they want to wait untill the price falls further.....well I suppose it makes perfect sence to you.
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

Originally Posted by JLFS
So home owners still dont want to sell, they want to wait untill the price falls further.....well I suppose it makes perfect sence to you.
Yes, dear JLFS - that is the irony of the situation. They do not want to sell (or can not sell due to price collapse). At the same time they do not believe the prices can increase.

They want to keep their homes until the price fall further.

Last edited by kazic; May 2nd 2011 at 9:05 pm.
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:04 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazic
Yes, dear JLFS - that is the irony of the situation. They do not want to sell (or can not sell due to price collapse). At the same time they do not believe the prices can increase.
Thanks, I understand perfectly now.
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for all your replies, I spent ages on kyero last night what a good site. Dear Kazic thank you for your input I agree a lot of people are holding on for dear life until they are forced to sell.

I will just give this example the villa i mentioned earlier is listed all over for 285k i viewed and they told me he would accept 220k right there and then, I am sure i could negotiate more !

We live in odd times and it would only take a few moves in interest rates in both eurozone and uk to radically alter everything.

I have noticed on the Costa Blanca the prices have slumped so much it is shocking, but as I love the CDS that is of little importance to me.

I still think CDS is over priced. I will never understand how any Spaniards can afford to buy at all, but even to me they seem dear compared to my area of uk, and the uk is over priced as well!

I think the time is coming for some bargains, particularly if interest rates climb again in the Eurozone.

Anyway I aint stupid and I will only buy a bargain and the truth is you need to do the research to know when a bargain is a bargain !

Thanks to you all and please add any sites if you think they will help, until then I will keep using kyero, the sur on line, and look for more bank sites. I find using estate agents in Spain somewhat counter productive.

Regards
LPH
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:25 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
I will never understand how any Spaniards can afford to buy at all,....
Not all spaniards are called Pepe, pick oranges and drive a horse and cart
Old May 19th 2011, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

valencia40 is an unknown quantity at this point

JLFS: Really enjoyed your answer to this thread...still laughing!!!!

Last edited by valencia40; May 19th 2011 at 4:12 pm.