Proof of life

Old Sep 21st 2020, 8:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of life

Unfortunately I have received the "proof of life" form. The letter is dated 21st August and they state that I have one month in which to return it but it only arrived on 18th September so that is not attainable anyway. Due to my age and existing health issues I have been in isolation or house arrest as I prefer to call it since the beginning of the restrictions in March yet I am expected to put my life in danger by visiting the town hall to gain the witness signature. I have sent them an e-mail but I suspect that this will be ignored so will have to bear the cost of a phone call.

Has anyone successfully appealed against being put at risk?

Rosemary
Old Sep 21st 2020, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of life

Rosemary, With due respects, all you have to do is travel to the City Hall and have your signature witnessed by an official there. It is essential travel for an essential purpose. I recommend you just get on with it and get it done.

We had enough of holidaymakers making it to Spain this year despite the debacle on the beaches of Bournemouth (not to mention the behaviour of specific UK politicians) and them feeling they were safer in Spain than the UK. I reckon your risk is minute.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Unfortunately I have received the "proof of life" form. The letter is dated 21st August and they state that I have one month in which to return it but it only arrived on 18th September so that is not attainable anyway. Due to my age and existing health issues I have been in isolation or house arrest as I prefer to call it since the beginning of the restrictions in March yet I am expected to put my life in danger by visiting the town hall to gain the witness signature. I have sent them an e-mail but I suspect that this will be ignored so will have to bear the cost of a phone call.

Has anyone successfully appealed against being put at risk?

Rosemary
Double check the one month ! I received mine at the same time , assuming you are talking UK pension, and it clearly states 16 weeks from date of letter , 3rd August 2020 ). Agian, if UK, you can get a doctor or similar to sign it . I paid a private GP practise to do it.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 1:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Double check the one month ! I received mine at the same time , assuming you are talking UK pension, and it clearly states 16 weeks from date of letter , 3rd August 2020 ). Agian, if UK, you can get a doctor or similar to sign it . I paid a private GP practise to do it.
I have messaged the pension people who sent me the letter and they have given me another month to get my signature witnessed.

Rosemary
Old Sep 21st 2020, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Leper
Rosemary, With due respects, all you have to do is travel to the City Hall and have your signature witnessed by an official there. It is essential travel for an essential purpose. I recommend you just get on with it and get it done.

We had enough of holidaymakers making it to Spain this year despite the debacle on the beaches of Bournemouth (not to mention the behaviour of specific UK politicians) and them feeling they were safer in Spain than the UK. I reckon your risk is minute.
Easy for you to say to go to the town hall to get it done but as I have already said I am high risk so I do not really want to put myself in that sort of danger.

Rosemary
Old Sep 21st 2020, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute

I get one every year and I found it very difficult to get it done. On the face of it is very easy as it asks that you use a bank, doctor solicitor etc. I tried all avenues and they all refused as the form was in English. In the end I got a notary to give me a declaration in Spanish that they had seen me and my passport, they then used their notary stamp, half on the statement and half on the form to prove continuity. Incredibly my pension provider, initially, refused to accept it as it was in Spanish even though I had translated it for them. In the end I rang them and said if they want to check the translation, they could run it through Google, that seemed to sort it.
The following year they added an extra person who could do the verifying, another pensioner with the same company. As I have an ex colleague who is a swallow, I got him to do it.
However, because of covid, my ex colleague will not be coming this year so I will be back to square one if I am asked for proof of life this year.
I had not thought about using a private clinic, as suggested by a previous poster, maybe I could try that.

In your case Rosemary, do you not know of a policeman, doctor, or councillor that could perhaps visit you and do it over the threshold, so to speak, to minimise contact. As a last resort, tongue in cheek, you could call the bomberos and pretend to have a fire, they were on my form as a possible verifyer. LOL.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by stevesainty
I get one every year and I found it very difficult to get it done. On the face of it is very easy as it asks that you use a bank, doctor solicitor etc. I tried all avenues and they all refused as the form was in English. In the end I got a notary to give me a declaration in Spanish that they had seen me and my passport, they then used their notary stamp, half on the statement and half on the form to prove continuity. Incredibly my pension provider, initially, refused to accept it as it was in Spanish even though I had translated it for them. In the end I rang them and said if they want to check the translation, they could run it through Google, that seemed to sort it.
The following year they added an extra person who could do the verifying, another pensioner with the same company. As I have an ex colleague who is a swallow, I got him to do it.
However, because of covid, my ex colleague will not be coming this year so I will be back to square one if I am asked for proof of life this year.
I had not thought about using a private clinic, as suggested by a previous poster, maybe I could try that.

In your case Rosemary, do you not know of a policeman, doctor, or councillor that could perhaps visit you and do it over the threshold, so to speak, to minimise contact. As a last resort, tongue in cheek, you could call the bomberos and pretend to have a fire, they were on my form as a possible verifyer. LOL.
Wow, thinking outside off the box, impressive.

Since starting the thread I have remembered a police man who would come to my house to do it for me. I will have to translate the form for him first though.

Rosemary
Old Sep 21st 2020, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

My pension provider accepts a phone interview, easy.
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

They would have sent you a reminder before stopping your payment, they did with me.
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 4:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I had similar. I made a complaint and they waived the requirement.
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 4:57 pm

Just realised that I did not say that it is not state pension. It is a government pension which is peanuts anyway.

Rosemary
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

I get a neighbour to sign mine, it just asks for someone who has known you for at least 2 years who is not related or living at the same address.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by gill556
I get a neighbour to sign mine, it just asks for someone who has known you for at least 2 years who is not related or living at the same address.
Mine too.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by gill556
They are asking for Lawyer, Justice of the Peace, Doctor, Permanent Civil Servant or other Public Notary who knows you in a personal or professional capacity. Seems like it is not only Spain that has different expectations at different offices!!!!!!

Rosemary
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of years ago I was asked to sign one for a friend. It was accepted without issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.