Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

proof of income for residencia

proof of income for residencia

Old Mar 6th 2016, 5:36 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of income for residencia

@post#13

even with the basic basic state pension (without SERPS) for a couple, lets say €1200/mth & renting or a mortgage, then forking out for other expenses such as utilities, groceries, other... there is not much if anything left?

On the basis folks own a property (without a mortgage), there may be something left over at the end of the month for whatever?

On the basis the state pensioner couple have no home or property back home, have moved their life to Spain - would the basic income from state pension ~€1200/mth be a tough go financially?

Renting a modest place: would €1500/mth income be sufficient?

Ownership in full: €1000/mth income, would this be adequate enough?
Old Mar 6th 2016, 6:14 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You are getting too complicated. All they want to see is that you have a reasonable income, or sufficient assets, greater than the absolute minimum that would be enough for you to fall back on the state if you were destitute. They deliberately do not publish the amount as the law specifically does not allow them to do so which is why you will never find official guidance on this issue. Your outgoing expenditure is not taken into account.

I know of people who have merely produced their escritura for the property they own and that has been accepted, and as I said earlier, even a credit card balance available to spend is acceptable.

It's not really a big deal, if you have taken the trouble to register they can be pretty sure you have adequate resources. Having health cover is a bit more specific as you either have it or you don't and even then it is pretty easy to get round that.

Last edited by Fred James; Mar 6th 2016 at 6:18 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
You are getting too complicated. All they want to see is that you have a reasonable income, or sufficient assets, greater than the absolute minimum that would be enough for you to fall back on the state if you were destitute. They deliberately do not publish the amount as the law specifically does not allow them to do so which is why you will never find official guidance on this issue. Your outgoing expenditure is not taken into account.

I know of people who have merely produced their escritura for the property they own and that has been accepted, and as I said earlier, even a credit card balance available to spend is acceptable.

It's not really a big deal, if you have taken the trouble to register they can be pretty sure you have adequate resources. Having health cover is a bit more specific as you either have it or you don't and even then it is pretty easy to get round that.
Good info Fred further to what you say when you show the required amount held in a bank acount the bank simply signs to say that amount is present in the account at the time of signing. Once you have the required signature you can do as you wish with the money, no requirement to keep the account at that level.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

After visit to Seville today We ( my wife and I ) were told that proof of bank credits did not indicate that they were from our state pension, and that we will need a certificate ( not a letter) from the UK pensions service to certify our total amount paid, and the frequency, and that this will need to be translated and the translation verified by an accredited translation agency or my abogado. Secondly we obtained our S1 forms and submitted them through the right chanels before receiving our letter of entitlement, and " salud" card. This is not suffecient , he said, as it does not prove a thing, and that the UK government does not give any money to Spain, for pensioners. We challenged him so he went over to the desk of an officer of the CPN. who said that he thought that it was proof of our entitlement. Our "friendly" functionario then returned to us and said it was not. We will need a certificate ( not a letter) from our doctor in the UK stating that we were entitled to health care under the Spanish system and that this will also need to be translated by agency/abogado. Holding our breath, and temper, we walked out. I like to cross my bridges when I meet them, but it is very difficult when there are so many " ugly trolls" lurking under them.
Pete
Old Mar 9th 2016, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
After visit to Seville today We ( my wife and I ) were told that proof of bank credits did not indicate that they were from our state pension, and that we will need a certificate ( not a letter) from the UK pensions service to certify our total amount paid, and the frequency, and that this will need to be translated and the translation verified by an accredited translation agency or my abogado. Secondly we obtained our S1 forms and submitted them through the right chanels before receiving our letter of entitlement, and " salud" card. This is not suffecient , he said, as it does not prove a thing, and that the UK government does not give any money to Spain, for pensioners. We challenged him so he went over to the desk of an officer of the CPN. who said that he thought that it was proof of our entitlement. Our "friendly" functionario then returned to us and said it was not. We will need a certificate ( not a letter) from our doctor in the UK stating that we were entitled to health care under the Spanish system and that this will also need to be translated by agency/abogado. Holding our breath, and temper, we walked out. I like to cross my bridges when I meet them, but it is very difficult when there are so many " ugly trolls" lurking under them.
Pete
Employ the services of a good solicitor. We did and everything was sorted through them. It was all straight forward at a cost of €300 for both my wife and I to get healthcare, residential and everything else needed for legal residency.

Steve
Old Mar 9th 2016, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: proof of income for residencia

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
After visit to Seville today We ( my wife and I ) were told that proof of bank credits did not indicate that they were from our state pension, and that we will need a certificate ( not a letter) from the UK pensions service to certify our total amount paid, and the frequency, and that this will need to be translated and the translation verified by an accredited translation agency or my abogado. Secondly we obtained our S1 forms and submitted them through the right chanels before receiving our letter of entitlement, and " salud" card. This is not suffecient , he said, as it does not prove a thing, and that the UK government does not give any money to Spain, for pensioners. We challenged him so he went over to the desk of an officer of the CPN. who said that he thought that it was proof of our entitlement. Our "friendly" functionario then returned to us and said it wakis not. We will need a certificate ( not a letter) from our doctor in the UK stating that we were entitled to health care under the Spanish system and that this will also need to be translated by agency/abogado. Holding our breath, and temper, we walked out. I like to cross my bridges when I meet them, but it is very difficult when there are so many " ugly trolls" lurking under them.
Pete
this is a load of old cobblers and they are making it up as they go along! The S1 form is proof that is accepted by the Hacienda and suffices for the health people. On any questions where I have been asked to provide proof of my pension I have taken along my P60 from HMG and the annual up grade letter from DWP. THEY ARE BEING STUPID. The NHS makes an annual contribution to Spain of I think £3000 per pensioner registered in Spain.
Get in touch with CAB Spain they are dealing with this kind nonsense all the time and they know just which buttons to press and which laws to quote. They also recommend making complaints to the EU to sort out individual offices who do not follow national or EU LAW.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

A UK credit card with a usable credit limit of about €6000 is adequate proof of financial resources.
Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Am I right in saying from what I have just read that if I have a credit card with a 6000€ limit or 6000€ savings in a Spanish bank account I can become Spanish resident ?

Thanks.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 10:10 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Correct.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Correct.
Not if you see the official I saw in Seville. Everybody MUST prove income to support themselves.I have now got an abogado doing this for me with the correct certificates, and translated from English to Spanish by an abogado.He insisted that this was the only criterian which would fulfill the relevent clause which he highlighted at least four times ( just to make sure) in bright yellow. "It is the new law and he has to enforce it" ( at least that is how I translated it when I finally got him to speak at a rate less than the speed of light!)
Pete.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 7:24 am

It seems that neither of them are aware of the changes to the residency law that were made in 2012, specifically Orden PRE/1490/2012, de 9 de julio,.

Article 3.2.c states

Provision of sufficient resources for themselves and for members of his family not to become a burden on the welfare of Spain during their period of residence.

Accreditation of possession of sufficient resources, whether by regular income, including income from work or other, or from holding assets shall be carried out by any evidence allowed by law, such as titles, certified checks , supporting documentation for obtaining capital income or credit cards, bringing in the latter case an updated bank certificate stating the amount of credit available on the card said.

The assessment of sufficient resources must be made on an individual basis, and in any case, taking into account the personal and family situation of the applicant.