Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

proof of income / health cover

proof of income / health cover

Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

mogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud of
Default proof of income / health cover

hi

hope you all had a good weekend. I know there is a thread, but to be honest but confused

I will have my NHS Pension -
2 Years funds
Own own House
Potential income from some sort letting

What do we show officialdom to be legal - will only come over if legal. also what is deemed sufficient out of interest just found this

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...ts-translation

I think - you will tell me if i am wrong LOL - UK will cover for 1st 2 years? We will then either take our private cover or the official one - question - can you have either or?
Plus
Any pointers to any current documents covering moving to spain

Thanks
Sunny Sussex
MM

Last edited by mogsmum; Sep 9th 2012 at 9:20 am. Reason: found link could be intesting
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of income / health cover

Originally Posted by mogsmum
hi

hope you all had a good weekend. I know there is a thread, but to be honest but confused

I will have my NHS Pension -
2 Years funds
Own own House
Potential income from some sort letting

What do we show officialdom to be legal - will only come over if legal. also what is deemed sufficient out of interest just found this

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...ts-translation

I think - you will tell me if i am wrong LOL - UK will cover for 1st 2 years? We will then either take our private cover or the official one - question - can you have either or?
Plus
Any pointers to any current documents covering moving to spain

Thanks
Sunny Sussex
MM
you should get an S1 (each) from the UK - that covers you for healthcare here for up to 2 years, so that's that covered

as to how much income is enough? there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to that (yet?)

I believe property ownership is taken into account

from another thread:

Originally Posted by Fred James
There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to that question.

The EU residency law, which is where this originates, says this:-

Member States may not lay down a fixed amount which they regard as "sufficient resources" but they must take into account the personal situation of the person concerned. In all cases this amount shall not be higher than the threshold below which nationals of the host Member State become eligible for social assistance, or, where this criterion is not applicable, higher than the
minimum social security pension paid by the host Member State.

So your guess is as good as mine
the state pension is something in the region of 630 € a month

the social assistance threshold I think is about 430 € a month
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

mogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you should get an S1 (each) from the UK - that covers you for healthcare here for up to 2 years, so that's that covered

as to how much income is enough? there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to that (yet?)

the state pension is something in the region of 630 € a month

the social assistance threshold I think is about 430 € a month
Sorry nice but dim tim here

Are you saying that to be able to claim SA you need to have income of 430euro per month

TA
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:08 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry nice but dim tim here

Are you saying that to be able to claim SA you need to have income of 430euro per month

TA
no - current residents of Spain with an income of less than 430 € a month can ask for social assistance

the point I was making is that that is possibly the absolute minimum that you would need to show, per person

Last edited by lynnxa; Sep 9th 2012 at 10:18 am.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

thanks we are ok then hopefully

How on earth would that work for someone setting up a small business, as you would not know what your income was. Presumably if you have a NHS cover for first 2 years and bank funds. Seems a bit haphazard though -
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:39 am
¿Dónde estoy?

thanks we are ok then hopefully

How on earth would that work for someone setting up a small business, as you would not know what your income was. Presumably if you have a NHS cover for first 2 years and bank funds. Seems a bit haphazard though -
it's based on whatever income you have at the point of registering - which you are expected to do at or before the 90 day mark
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:00 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

I am wanting to know what you mean about 2 years cover. For what if your a pensioner who lives here..
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:04 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
I am wanting to know what you mean about 2 years cover. For what if your a pensioner who lives here..
you only get full, long term cover if you have a STATE pension

the NHS pension isn't the same - they would get an S1 - but for cover of up to about 2 years
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Lynnxa, you have the patience of a saint!

Everything known about the new rules is there for all to see on the British Embassy website, and they have translated the Spanish rules into English. Everything else is just speculation and hearsay!

New residency requirements
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:07 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Pocaloca

Everything known about the new rules is there for all to see on the British Embassy website, and they have translated the Spanish rules into English. Everything else is just speculation and hearsay!

I'm procrastinating about writing a maths lesson atm - I know that if I leave the laptop & head for the garden with a book it won't get done at all

I just can't resist looking in while the laptop is on my lap

eta - I got all excited there & clicked the link - I thought maybe the FCO had proper info at last............ it seems not
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pocaloca

yes it is on the web site hence my edited post above, however what is deemed as amount of proof of income is not, and many people say that this is not updated. Yes Lynaxa is patient, i asked the question and she very kindly answered me.

tommy.irene
I think lynaxa has answered this - I am retiring early and not on state pension
Old Sep 9th 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is on the web site hence my edited post above, however what is deemed as amount of proof of income is not, and many people say that this is not updated. Yes Lynaxa is patient, i asked the question and she very kindly answered me.
Sorry, I saw your link after I'd posted mine and tried to delete it, but it didn't go away.

It seems that different provinces and regions are applying different criteria for proof of income before issuing the residency certificates because they are still waiting for the Spanish government to issue clear guidelines (which knowing the Spanish government could take some time .... )
Old Sep 9th 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Sorry, I saw your link after I'd posted mine and tried to delete it, but it didn't go away.

It seems that different provinces and regions are applying different criteria for proof of income before issuing the residency certificates because they are still waiting for the Spanish government to issue clear guidelines (which knowing the Spanish government could take some time .... )
Hi

Sounds like fun then, also what is one persons reasonable levels is not another.
Still we are not planning to move untill end of 2013, so hopefully by then !!!!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

MaryJones is just really niceMaryJones is just really niceMaryJones is just really niceMaryJones is just really niceMaryJones is just really niceMaryJones is just really niceMaryJones is just really niceMaryJones is just really niceMaryJones is just really nice

A new healthcare law has been introduced changing the Spanish healthcare system away from being strictly contributions-based. What does this mean exactly, and how will it affect you?
People who were registered as Spanish residents prior to 24th April 2012 and do not have entitlement to state healthcare paid for by the UK, (e.g. as a UK state pensioner) may now find they can register for the national health service in Spain as residents. If you think this may apply to you, then speak with your local INSS office to check your entitlement. Your local office can be found at www.segsocial.es. If you have not yet applied for your residencia
in Spain, you may find that more rigorous conditions are now applied at the time of making your application, such as providing proof of entitlement to healthcare in Spain. If you are in receipt of a UK state pension your S1 form issued from the International Pension Centre should be sufficient to fulfil this requirement. UK state pensioners should contact the
International Pension Centre on 0044-191-218-7777 to request an S1.

Those who do not have access to Spanish state-run healthcare by any other means should shortly be able to pay into a nation-wide Convenio Especial (Special Agreement). Contact your local health authority for further information, including how to register. Further information on access to healthcare in Spain can be found at http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/healthcare

British Consulate newsletter, cut and pasted from a facebook page
Old Oct 18th 2012, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MaryJones
A new healthcare law has been introduced changing the Spanish healthcare system away from being strictly contributions-based. What does this mean exactly, and how will it affect you?
People who were registered as Spanish residents prior to 24th April 2012 and do not have entitlement to state healthcare paid for by the UK, (e.g. as a UK state pensioner) may now find they can register for the national health service in Spain as residents. If you think this may apply to you, then speak with your local INSS office to check your entitlement. Your local office can be found at www.segsocial.es. If you have not yet applied for your residencia
in Spain, you may find that more rigorous conditions are now applied at the time of making your application, such as providing proof of entitlement to healthcare in Spain. If you are in receipt of a UK state pension your S1 form issued from the International Pension Centre should be sufficient to fulfil this requirement. UK state pensioners should contact the
International Pension Centre on 0044-191-218-7777 to request an S1.

Those who do not have access to Spanish state-run healthcare by any other means should shortly be able to pay into a nation-wide Convenio Especial (Special Agreement). Contact your local health authority for further information, including how to register. Further information on access to healthcare in Spain can be found at http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/healthcare

British Consulate newsletter, cut and pasted from a facebook page
thank you so much for this v helpfull