British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The Prodigal Daughter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/prodigal-daughter-692185/)

Elle1971 Nov 4th 2010 10:32 am

The Prodigal Daughter

Hello hello!

I used to post quite a bit in here (going back a couple of years) but I have been very remiss... and bimbled off doing other things (work and wine mainly lol).

Anyway - was chatting to hubby this morning... and apparently he's posting in here somewhere. Not a clue what his username is... but it probably incorporates the name "Alan" in it somewhere.

So... how is everyone? Are the same friendly old faces still about? Hope everyone IS well... and living the dream still. We're still in Lanzarote. It's been 4 years now, and life is good. Work keeps us very very busy... but we're not complaining as so many have had to abandon their businesses and dreams to head back to Blighty.

Right - off to have a nosey on the boards and see if I can find the big fella to wind up! :rofl:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Elle xx

Sue Nov 4th 2010 11:07 am

Re: The Prodigal Daughter

Hi Elle,

Welcome back into the fold :D Glad that things seem to be going well for you.

Elle1971 Nov 4th 2010 11:26 am

Thanks for the welcome back Sue! Yes, we're happy bunnies. I just can't believe how the last 4 years have flown!! :blink:

Wouldn't change it for the world. It's been tough at times (building a business from scratch is tough anywhere) but we always have the sunshine!

Right - had better go and do some work now. Oh.. well... perhaps... just a little more mooching about on the message boards! :D

Elle xx

lynnxa Nov 4th 2010 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Elle1971 (Post 8961090)
Hello hello!

I used to post quite a bit in here (going back a couple of years) but I have been very remiss... and bimbled off doing other things (work and wine mainly lol).

Anyway - was chatting to hubby this morning... and apparently he's posting in here somewhere. Not a clue what his username is... but it probably incorporates the name "Alan" in it somewhere.

So... how is everyone? Are the same friendly old faces still about? Hope everyone IS well... and living the dream still. We're still in Lanzarote. It's been 4 years now, and life is good. Work keeps us very very busy... but we're not complaining as so many have had to abandon their businesses and dreams to head back to Blighty.

Right - off to have a nosey on the boards and see if I can find the big fella to wind up! :rofl:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Elle xx

I remember you!!!!:D

Elle1971 Nov 4th 2010 5:11 pm

Ah the lovely Lynnxa! I remember you too love. How are you doing? xxxx

lynnxa Nov 4th 2010 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Elle1971 (Post 8961714)
Ah the lovely Lynnxa! I remember you too love. How are you doing? xxxx

stupidly busy!!!

I'm actually taking a break next week - totally cream crackered!!

how's Lanzagrotty;):p:rofl:

Elle1971 Nov 4th 2010 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 8961754)
stupidly busy!!!

I'm actually taking a break next week - totally cream crackered!!

how's Lanzagrotty;):p:rofl:

Always good to be busy... as long as you're being paid accordingly of course! Enjoy your break! We're way overdue for one. Was hoping to chill at Christmas... but it's the only time we have spare for the rest of this year to do a project of our own, so will probably fill that time too. Ah well.... maybe in the spring eh?:D

Lanzarote's fine. It really struggled in the credit crisis... and parts of it more than others... but things definitely seem to be improving this year. Long may it continue... and hopefully will rid itself of a few more dishonest people in the process.

Have a good weekend hon - we're off out for dinner shortly... yahoo!

Right... must go wash my barnet. Lanky locks really isn't a good look!

Elle xx

lynnxa Nov 4th 2010 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Elle1971 (Post 8961764)
Always good to be busy... as long as you're being paid accordingly of course! Enjoy your break! We're way overdue for one. Was hoping to chill at Christmas... but it's the only time we have spare for the rest of this year to do a project of our own, so will probably fill that time too. Ah well.... maybe in the spring eh?:D

Lanzarote's fine. It really struggled in the credit crisis... and parts of it more than others... but things definitely seem to be improving this year. Long may it continue... and hopefully will rid itself of a few more dishonest people in the process.

Have a good weekend hon - we're off out for dinner shortly... yahoo!

Right... must go wash my barnet. Lanky locks really isn't a good look!

Elle xx

well, since I'm the boss I pay myself;)

people have left this area in droves - mostly families - but retirees still coming

shops and bars are changing hands regularly

but some of us are doing just fine & hoping the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train coming towards us!!

rugbymatt Nov 4th 2010 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 8961142)
Hi Elle,

Welcome back into the fold :D Glad that things seem to be going well for you.

Ahem... am I not owed something? Hmm?

lynnxa Nov 4th 2010 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 8961886)

why:confused:

it can't be that you loaned anyone money can it:p

jdr Nov 4th 2010 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 8961886)

Yes, a bollocking for not wishing me a happy birthday last month.

rugbymatt Nov 4th 2010 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8961950)
Yes, a bollocking for not wishing me a happy birthday last month.

Shit, didn't I??? Sorry mate, I completely missed it... happy birthday anyway... To be honest I didn't think you celebrated it anymore at your age!

rugbymatt Nov 4th 2010 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 8961947)
why:confused:

it can't be that you loaned anyone money can it:p

How many times do I have to remind people that I am half Scottish, half Jewish?

bil Nov 4th 2010 8:17 pm

Don't tell me your real name is Abdul O'Brien Cohen?

Not wishing to pander to the obvious stereotypical thinking...

jdr Nov 4th 2010 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 8962018)
Shit, didn't I??? Sorry mate, I completely missed it... happy birthday anyway... To be honest I didn't think you celebrated it anymore at your age!

Lol, I am going backwards now.