British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Problems with ITV channels: Freeview (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/problems-itv-channels-freeview-565707/)

Kyla Oct 7th 2008 3:54 pm

Problems with ITV channels: Freeview

I´ve lost all ITV channels except ITV3 and ITV3+1. :( :thumbdown: Anyone else got the same problem? Calling Satandpcguy.... PLEASE HELP!

The Guy Oct 7th 2008 4:59 pm

Re: Problems with ITV channels: Freeview

you called....

so it has saved you from IACGMOOH which starts soon....lucky thing!:D

can you still get bbc1?

is it raining or heavy cloud - this will reduce reception of some channels?

check the LNB - are there any "nasties" hiding in there - be careful as some are not pleasant - anything nesting in the LNB can cause damage.

did this happen after wind or rain - maybe the dish as moved - you will notice this later on tonight as you may find you loose channels earlier than you normally do - call an installer to realign - you are just outside of my area.

Kyla Oct 7th 2008 6:21 pm

:)

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy (Post 6853293)
you called....

so it has saved you from IACGMOOH which starts soon....lucky thing!:D

can you still get bbc1?

is it raining or heavy cloud - this will reduce reception of some channels?

check the LNB - are there any "nasties" hiding in there - be careful as some are not pleasant - anything nesting in the LNB can cause damage.

did this happen after wind or rain - maybe the dish as moved - you will notice this later on tonight as you may find you loose channels earlier than you normally do - call an installer to realign - you are just outside of my area.

Satandpcguy to the rescue! Thank you! :D Yes, we can still get BBC1 and all the other channels work. The LNB seems OK. The weather has been great, no wind or rain. Could the problem be something to do with the frequencies? :confused:

jdr Oct 7th 2008 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kyla (Post 6853566)
:)

Satandpcguy to the rescue! Thank you! :D Yes, we can still get BBC1 and all the other channels work. The LNB seems OK. The weather has been great, no wind or rain. Could the problem be something to do with the frequencies? :confused:

All our Sky went off for a while this morning, even the cable service where the guy steals the programs and re broadcasts them was down too. ;-)

gallerie9 Oct 7th 2008 8:02 pm

ive not got itv or bbc1 but have everything else ??????????
is it the metorite that is hitting africa

Solarwhizz Oct 7th 2008 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kyla (Post 6853022)
I´ve lost all ITV channels except ITV3 and ITV3+1. :( :thumbdown: Anyone else got the same problem? Calling Satandpcguy.... PLEASE HELP!

as you can still get BBC 1, Try this and see if it helps, (as a matter of interest which region is your ITV normally on??)

TO ACCESS ITV CHANNEL ISLANDS
Press the blue services button on your remote control, then press button 6 on your remote control, this should give you a selection of channels , Select Channel Isles using the blue up down keys and press select on your remote control, you should now be watching ITV CHANNEL ISLES.*

*If your installer has not already set up ITV Channel Isles, it will be necessary to go into the set up menu’s, (The following is specifically for the ITV channels)

Start by selecting: Services, 4 (System Setup), 4 (Add Channels).
This will get you to a menu with five Items on it
From the top item on the menu (Frequency GHz): key in the 5 digits for the frequency 10906 (ignore the decimal point.)

Use the down arrow to move to the H / V setting.

Use the left / right arrows to set the correct polarity. V

Use the down arrow to move to the Symbol Rate. Use the left/rigvht arrows to set this to 22

Use the down arrow to move to the Symbol Rate. Use the left/right arrows to set this to 5/6

Scroll down to the Find Channels option, and press "Select", a list of channels should come up, ( if it doesnt back up and try again)

Choose your channel(s), scroll down to each one you want, and press the Yellow button. (in this case yellow button both Channel isles and the ones marked STV). press select when complete.

Press "Sky" to get back to the main TV channels (or "Backup" if you want to add more channels).

Press "Services", 6 (Other Channels), then scroll up and down the list until you find the one you want to watch, in this case Channel Isle or STV then press "Select" to watch or listen.

If that dont work then you will need an installer to check your system

Beachcomber Oct 7th 2008 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 6853627)
All our Sky went off for a while this morning, even the cable service where the guy steals the programs and re broadcasts them was down too. ;-)

Currently many channels are lost at around 11.30am because of the fact that the sun is positioned directly behind the satellites at 28ºe. This gradually gets worse then improves as the sun drops lower in the sky each day.

The same thing also happens in the Spring as the sun gets higher each day.

jdr Oct 8th 2008 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Beachcomber (Post 6854192)
Currently many channels are lost at around 11.30am because of the fact that the sun is positioned directly behind the satellites at 28ºe. This gradually gets worse then improves as the sun drops lower in the sky each day.

The same thing also happens in the Spring as the sun gets higher each day.

Thanks for that, that was about the time, I had a bit of spare time and thought I would have a look and see what was on.

Beachcomber Oct 8th 2008 7:57 am

Being cloudy, it should not happen today!

Kyla Oct 8th 2008 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz (Post 6854018)
as you can still get BBC 1, Try this and see if it helps, (as a matter of interest which region is your ITV normally on??)

TO ACCESS ITV CHANNEL ISLANDS
Press the blue services button on your remote control, then press button 6 on your remote control, this should give you a selection of channels , Select Channel Isles using the blue up down keys and press select on your remote control, you should now be watching ITV CHANNEL ISLES.

Thanks Solarwhizz :) We normally watch ITV1 London but all the ITV regional channels were set up for us as well. I can get sound on ITV Channel Isles (better than nothing I suppose!) but no picture. :( I´ll try resetting the channels and see what happens.

jdr Oct 8th 2008 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Beachcomber (Post 6855255)

Errrm it was cloudy yesterday when it went off. lol

Kyla Oct 8th 2008 3:13 pm

We´re back in business. :thumbsup: We re-scanned but that didn´t work so my partner decided to try by deleting a channel and then doing a search in the correct transponder for the channel again. Hey presto! :D The only downside is that we have to add each ITV channel individually (and there are a lot!) but for the moment, fingers crossed, everything seems OK!

The Guy Oct 8th 2008 4:18 pm

looking further into this, many ITV channels changed their video and audio settings yesterday, and on generic receivers this has meant that some itv regions were unavailable.

on a sky and freesat receiver these updated manually
on other receivers you will need to rescan the itv frequencies.

see
http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22
for the frequencies ITV uses...

Huevos Oct 8th 2008 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Beachcomber (Post 6855255)

How's that going to make any difference?

Beachcomber Oct 9th 2008 11:40 am

The signal is blocked by the suns rays being reflected back into the LNB. If it overcast there are no rays to reflect.