Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Private pickups Alicante airport.

Private pickups Alicante airport.

Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Popsy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Private pickups Alicante airport.

Corvera airport is the new one which has been built about half way between Murcia city and Caragena just west of the A30.
It's been ready to open for some time now. I think political or burocratic problems are holding up the opening of it.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:50 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

There is no sign if any of it opening until earliest spring 2015 and that depends on a huge subsidy from Brussels.
The competing airports are lobbying against it ever opening.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Spring 2015 is good for me lol.
I understand there is a 5 million euro compensation payment to San javier outstanding and some corruption issues to sort out but the sooner the better.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

It'll open a month after the big theme park opens.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh that's not good news. I don't think they have even started it yet. I was up arround Alhama de murcia a few weeks ago and saw no sign of its construction. Or is my geography wrong ?
What a massive economic boost that will bring to the area. Unless it never happens.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:47 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Popsy1
Ahh that's not good news. I don't think they have even started it yet. I was up arround Alhama de murcia a few weeks ago and saw no sign of its construction. Or is my geography wrong ?
What a massive economic boost that will bring to the area. Unless it never happens.
I think that was the point Horlics was making ? ......... odds on it will never happen.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, someone who actually wants Corvera airport to open. That's a first! Aside from the stupidity of building an airport that no one wanted, the corruption and delays and now the hoofing great debt, the NATO airspace it has to use, what could possibly go wrong? And people wonder why I laugh at the Spanish.

The theme park, an even bigger joke. A grand laying of the first slab some two years ago and since then, a few minor road courses dug and guess what, corruption, debt, lack of investment and a nudge nudge wink wink, you build the park, never mind the paperwork attitude from the Murcia crooks.

Hell in a handcart, that all goes on but god help you if you visit the airport more than seven times a month.

Cannot wait to get out of this joke of a country.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

Pedro
Since you are clearly not enamoured by Spain, why the hell don't you leave us then?
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

Not through lack of trying. Happy with the way the place is being run are you? Or are you just another ex pat with your head in the sand?
Old Nov 20th 2014, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Oh I think the airport and the theme park will open eventually. After all it's big business.
The airport would bring a massive economic injection to the area. Imagine all the b&b's and holiday homes that would benefit. All the restaurants cafe's and bars.
This area needs easy access to bring in the tourists that are so desperately needed. And that airport will do it.

As for the corruption. Well that's all part of the fun. Let's be honest with ourself. We are all corrupt in some way.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 6:41 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcbernard
Pedro
Since you are clearly not enamoured by Spain, why the hell don't you leave us then?
Old Nov 20th 2014, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Popsy1
Oh I think the airport and the theme park will open eventually. After all it's big business.
The airport would bring a massive economic injection to the area. Imagine all the b&b's and holiday homes that would benefit. All the restaurants cafe's and bars.
This area needs easy access to bring in the tourists that are so desperately needed. And that airport will do it.

As for the corruption. Well that's all part of the fun. Let's be honest with ourself. We are all corrupt in some way.

Glad you think that the corruption is all part of the fun. That is people's money many of whom can ill afford to part with these days in the economic miracle that is Spain's economy. How heartless can you be?

Big business has taken one look at the crooks in government in Murcia and given the place a wide berth because of the 'fun' and almost comical level of ineptitude of the Spanish mindset. That is how much the fun is costing the region.

The area has easy access, it's called St Javier airport and it has served this region well. Honestly, who cannot laugh at a bunch of third world loons who build an airport that no one wants and couldn't afford.

Have you followed the shenanigans of this whole dismal spectacle? It defies belief that they have got away with so much wanton destruction of the economy and this is isn't the only stupid project that didn't even seem like a good idea at the time that the Spanish undertook. More than one airport, more than one train line to nowhere, motorways, desalination plants and so it goes on. And where are we now? Back at the E.U. with the begging bowl, again, looking for another bail out, again, promising everything and delivering nothing, again.

You want to do business with this shower, I wish you luck, I really do. Your cavalier attitude should fit in well the mind set. The airport at Alicante which your OP referred to, have a look at the size of the spanking new terminal and ask what the hell is wrong with the old one? How were we not well served by it? Vanity, that's all it is.

I am stuck in the property crash and when I finally get out of this mess, I am out. Moving to Spain was a huge mistake for me. My own fault, my call, my decision. You may want to have a look at what Podemos have in store for you all if you think life for those in Spain cannot deteriorate, have a read of what they have lined up. I won't be the last getting out of Dodge.

Good day sir/madam.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

Oh Diddums!!
Old Nov 20th 2014, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pedro pete
Glad you think that the corruption is all part of the fun. That is people's money many of whom can ill afford to part with these days in the economic miracle that is Spain's economy. How heartless can you be?

Big business has taken one look at the crooks in government in Murcia and given the place a wide berth because of the 'fun' and almost comical level of ineptitude of the Spanish mindset. That is how much the fun is costing the region.

The area has easy access, it's called St Javier airport and it has served this region well. Honestly, who cannot laugh at a bunch of third world loons who build an airport that no one wants and couldn't afford.

Have you followed the shenanigans of this whole dismal spectacle? It defies belief that they have got away with so much wanton destruction of the economy and this is isn't the only stupid project that didn't even seem like a good idea at the time that the Spanish undertook. More than one airport, more than one train line to nowhere, motorways, desalination plants and so it goes on. And where are we now? Back at the E.U. with the begging bowl, again, looking for another bail out, again, promising everything and delivering nothing, again.

You want to do business with this shower, I wish you luck, I really do. Your cavalier attitude should fit in well the mind set. The airport at Alicante which your OP referred to, have a look at the size of the spanking new terminal and ask what the hell is wrong with the old one? How were we not well served by it? Vanity, that's all it is.

I am stuck in the property crash and when I finally get out of this mess, I am out. Moving to Spain was a huge mistake for me. My own fault, my call, my decision. You may want to have a look at what Podemos have in store for you all if you think life for those in Spain cannot deteriorate, have a read of what they have lined up. I won't be the last getting out of Dodge.

Good day sir/madam.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Pete,

I didn't post the offending remark but I don't understand the reaction. You came here with a rant and no reason behind it, so its easy to understand how an insensitive remark came to be made.

There are plenty of corrupt countries in this world, some of which happen to be very pleasant places to live in. Until you fall foul of said corruption, of course.

What's your story Pete, do tell?

Originally Posted by pedro pete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.