Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Private pickups Alicante airport.

Private pickups Alicante airport.

Old Nov 18th 2014, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Popsy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Private pickups Alicante airport.

Missile. Are you saying I can't afford the correct "expensive" insurance ?
Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:09 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I fancy Missile was pointing out that the insurance might be a good deal more expensive than you think.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:11 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

This check was done at Jerez airport many years ago. However Estate Agents were collecting clients and taking them around and at the time - this was accepted

Davexf
Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

The cost of the insurance is not a factor at the moment. I'm trying to determine if it's going to be a problem picking up guests.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 9:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Popsy1
The cost of the insurance is not a factor at the moment. I'm trying to determine if it's going to be a problem picking up guests.
All anyone can say with certainty is that if you do so without the correct license, and without the correct insurance, you could be reported by taxi drivers, have your vehicle impounded and be subject to some very expensive fines. No-one can say this WILL happen, but then again no-one can say it WILL NOT, it really will depend on the mood of the local taxi drivers, and if one has had a really bad day and decides to report you, then these things might well happen. Bear in mind that you will be breaking the local law, but if you are happy doing this, then go ahead, but don't come crying here if the worse happens, people have given you the benefit of there experience/knowledge of what is/has been happening at the airports.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 10:24 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
I fancy Missile was pointing out that the insurance might be a good deal more expensive than you think.
Thanks VFR, that is exactly what I was trying to point out.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Popsy, you were right when you said "sorted".
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Why is everyone so negative ? I have always found Spain to be. An uplifting positive joyous place. All I'm getting is negative vibes.
I know I need an insurance that covers guests as passengers, that's already being sorted.
I am told I need a permit from the local council which would allow me to ferry guests. Much like the one an estate agent has. I just need to know where I get it and what qualifies me.
Having only been to the new Alicante airport a couple of times I'm not as familiar with the layout as I was the old place. Perhaps someone could tell me if there are separate lanes/pickup points for private cars and taxis. Or should I ask my guests to make there way to a certain car park level away from the taxis.

People come on to this forum looking for positive helpful advice. We assume that you guys on the ground are best placed to offer that advice. But more often is negative negative negative. Has the resection knocked all the life out of people? Are all the Spanish expats just grumpy versions of there former self ?
The idea of a forum like this is to help people and offer good valid information. I'm not stupid, i know the consequence of not having the correct insurance etc. why people feel they need to tell me that I have no idea.

I thank those who give good solid info and advice.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone so negative ? I have always found Spain to be. An uplifting positive joyous place. All I'm getting is negative vibes.
I know I need an insurance that covers guests as passengers, that's already being sorted.
I am told I need a permit from the local council which would allow me to ferry guests. Much like the one an estate agent has. I just need to know where I get it and what qualifies me.
Having only been to the new Alicante airport a couple of times I'm not as familiar with the layout as I was the old place. Perhaps someone could tell me if there are separate lanes/pickup points for private cars and taxis. Or should I ask my guests to make there way to a certain car park level away from the taxis.

People come on to this forum looking for positive helpful advice. We assume that you guys on the ground are best placed to offer that advice. But more often is negative negative negative. Has the resection knocked all the life out of people? Are all the Spanish expats just grumpy versions of there former self ?
The idea of a forum like this is to help people and offer good valid information. I'm not stupid, i know the consequence of not having the correct insurance etc. why people feel they need to tell me that I have no idea.

License you would need to contact the town hall, but, unless you know someone there it's unlikely to be sucessful as maost of the licenses go to current taxi companies or to people with friends there. Not trying to be negative, but that's the way Spanish town halls work, after all local town halls are probably the most corrupt in the EU area.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:54 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It might have saved us a lot of wasted effort and you a lot of grief had you been forthcoming with this information in your first post.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Popsy,

When I am in Spain I often go the the airport more than 7 times in a month - we get a lot of visitors.

I could stay in the car park and tell my friends to meet me there, in which case I would never see a taxi driver.

I could take the road for the car park but pull up on the right, or use the lower level coach and bus area, and again, never see a taxi driver.

Only if you are in and out of the airport many times a week or even more than a couple of times a day would I expect you to encounter any issues.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Horlics. Thanks for the info. I'm going to Alicante on business in two weeks so I will have a chance to check out the new layout. I may even have a chat to one of the taxi drivers an see what there stance is on the whole thing. Then if anyone asks me the same original question I can give an informed reliable answer.

Can't wait for Corvera airport to open. Anyone heard any news on that ?
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for Corvera airport to open. Anyone heard any news on that ?
(MJV) Murcia-San Javier Airport Departures
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Hi Fred. Thanks for the link but that's San-javier airport. � ����� ����
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fred. Thanks for the link but that's San-javier airport. ������������
Sorry

Where is Corvera?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.