Reload this Page >

Prices of horses in Spain

Prices of horses in Spain

Old Sep 27th 2010, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Kate1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prices of horses in Spain

Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea of the prices of riding horses in the Andalucia area? I would just like to know if there is a huge difference between the UK and Spain?

Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice
Default Re: Prices of horses in Spain

2,000e and up
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ballin
2,000e and up
If they are pura raza maybe.

Depends what you want.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Kate1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paintermujer
If they are pura raza maybe.

Depends what you want.
Just for a nice riding horse from 14.2hh, doesn't have to be pure bred. I know when I was in New Zealand you could get them dirt cheap from the markets or the meat man. One lady I was working with got one for £50 and it was a gorgeous palomino and a brilliant little horse.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

The gypsies are the main dealers in horses. They'll probably try to rip you off, but they can be OK. Also, ask if there is a 'feria de bestia' in your area (an animal market).
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kate1984
Just for a nice riding horse from 14.2hh, doesn't have to be pure bred. I know when I was in New Zealand you could get them dirt cheap from the markets or the meat man. One lady I was working with got one for £50 and it was a gorgeous palomino and a brilliant little horse.
That is a massive piece of string question. Just like asking how much does a car cost in Spain?

To pick one random example out of the air, you can go to the auction at the Royal Andalusian Horse School (Real Escuela) and buy a fully trained to high dressage level pure breed Spanish horse for circa 2000-3000 euros. This would be for an ageing horse that is no longer up to the Real Escuela standards.

Another alternative: A young Spanish horse (say about 5 years old) broken in but not to competition standard, circa 20,000 euros.

There are TONNES of horse breeders in Andalucia, mostly breeding the pura raza. If you just want a random mix breed then as mentioned before you may as well go to a gypsy type breeder, but have your wits about you!

Last edited by Veleta; Sep 27th 2010 at 9:50 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

It is curious, two weeks ago I read a report about Spanish horses. I believed that they were not more well-known as other races, but they appear in movies as " Gladiator ", " Sleepy Hollow " or " King Arthur ", among others. I like horses, but they need a lot of space

Last edited by Relampago; Sep 27th 2010 at 10:09 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

These sites will give you some ideas.

http://www.milanuncios.com/caballos/

http://www.segundamano.es/anuncios-g...&c=31&x=1&st=a
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Hi,

Prices do vary, and it does depend on the breed, pure Spanish horses (pura raza espanol) you can pick up cheaper here than in the UK, though I do know some for sale at 20K, its like in the UK it depends on the breeding and what they have done so far, and also which stud its from, ...The Appaloosas which I have are more expensive, due to them being very rare over here,

It also harder here to buy geldings, (the spanish dont like chopping the bits off) and mares are often seen only as useful for breeding... (they have never rode me mare )

But if you looking for just a bog standard horse, without papers then you will get them cheaper, plus prices have come down due to the reccession, I know one horse (black spanish stallion) that was 24K and the owner now only wants hafl that.....
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:35 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
It is curious, two weeks ago I read a report about Spanish horses. I believed that they were not more well-known as other races, but they appear in movies as " Gladiator ", " Sleepy Hollow " or " King Arthur ", among others. I like horses, but they need a lot of space
http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimag...mpingGrave.jpg
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/...vie-lg-128.jpg
Yet another thing the Moors brought to Spain.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

omg .. i wish you asked me two weeks ago.

7 horses were going for slaughter. the owner was getting paid 250€ / horse for meat.

he wanted to sell them for 250€ a horse.

they sold, eventually, the day before slaughter, at 250€ a piece.

so you could of had all 7 for your 2000€ and had change for feed and hay.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yet another thing the Moors brought to Spain.
Of what foolishness do you speak? The Spanish horses are very old relics, they come of the Neolithic one. Their effigies are in caves like Altamira, and they were already used by the Roman army (it was even known by the Greeks) centuries before the arrival of the Moors

Felipe II developed a program to create the perfect Spanish horse.
However, many races are those that come of the Spanish horse: Mustang, Aztec, Spanish-Norman, Neapolitan, Fressian, Lippizaner, etc. Of here the Spanish Ridding School of Viena

Last edited by Relampago; Oct 1st 2010 at 11:22 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 6:30 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
Of what foolishness do you speak? The Spanish horses are very old relics, they come of the Neolithic one. Their effigies are in caves like Altamira, and they were already used by the Roman army (it was even known by the Greeks) centuries before the arrival of the Moors

Felipe II developed a program to create the perfect Spanish horse.
However, many races are those that come of the Spanish horse: Mustang, Aztec, Spanish-Norman, Neapolitan, Fressian, Lippizaner, etc. Of here the Spanish Ridding School of Viena
The Lusitano and Andalusian would be nothing without Barb and Egyptian Arab blood, anyone who knows anything about Equine genetics would know that, stop being so nationalistic.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

That's The Singing Postman (not much of a performer, although it was often said that he had a first class delivery).
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:03 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Lenox
That's The Singing Postman (not much of a performer, although it was often said that he had a first class delivery).
No need to tell me Boi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.