British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   The price of masks. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/price-masks-932371/)

Justaskin Apr 25th 2020 6:53 am

The price of masks.

Pharmacies cannot charge more than 96 cents for masks, even though they paid over 2euros for them.
watching the news yesterday, there was a screenshot showing that the wholesale price was 2.15 for 10.
OK I agree that abusive prices are wrong, but so is forcing businesses to lose money.
A bad move in my opinion.

Rosemary Apr 25th 2020 7:37 am

Re: The price of masks.

The price is set at 96 cents for one mask not ten.

Rosemary

Justaskin Apr 25th 2020 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 12843908)
The price is set at 96 cents for one mask not ten.

Rosemary

I made a boob, I meant to write the price on the screenshot for 10 was 21.50.
So they will lose 11.90euros for 10 masks.

Fredbargate Apr 25th 2020 9:28 am

I was charged €1.90

Alectryon Apr 26th 2020 1:00 pm

I ordered one from my pharmacy 10 days ago at a price of €3.50. They do say that this is a mask with a ventilator so maybe that is why the price is high.

bob_bob Apr 26th 2020 5:11 pm

The cheap masks including those with a side filter are not up to much, more to stop you coughing our airborne droplets but I suppose they will satisfy any rules in place. I'm sure they will be compulsary in the UK before long.

Here in the UK my daughter who's a nurse has had virus but thankfully it was mild, husband and children not infected or certainly showing no symptoms so she's now back working on the ward.

I hope your all keeping safe in Spain and I'll raise a glass to you all before dinner.

Bob.

bxpuser24710519 Apr 26th 2020 5:32 pm

I bought the set limit of 5 cheapest ones at 96 cents each, He had one at just under 6 euro. If all these parents with children do not adhere to the rules we will all be shut in again. I fully understand the difficulty of children not being allowed out but the love of love please be sensible ! I want to go home and not in an ashes urn.

breakfasttea Apr 27th 2020 7:09 am

I was charged €3 for a box of 100 - what the hell did I buy??😂

to be fair, they’re one size only (s/m?) I have quite large hands and they’re bit of a fit for me.

but they do the job, only torn them twice whilst putting them on 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rosemary Apr 27th 2020 7:37 am

Originally Posted by breakfasttea (Post 12844750)
I was charged €3 for a box of 100 - what the hell did I buy??😂

to be fair, they’re one size only (s/m?) I have quite large hands and they’re bit of a fit for me.

but they do the job, only torn them twice whilst putting them on 🤷🏻‍♂️

People are discussing masks not gloves.

Rosemary

el collado kid Apr 27th 2020 8:38 am

I have been informed i can pick up free masks at the local pharmacy,on production of my sip card.Why you ask,because i am classed as vulnerable and cronica, whether i get them or use them i am undecided yet.My main defence to date is not to leave the villa at all.

spainrico Apr 27th 2020 9:17 am

Everyone was issued them in our village regardless of status (well you needed to be on the padron)

SimonJ22 Apr 28th 2020 5:50 am

Originally Posted by spainrico (Post 12844785)
Everyone was issued them in our village regardless of status (well you needed to be on the padron)

They delivered ours yesterday, one per person but they are washable.