British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Pressed concrete/ block paving (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/pressed-concrete-block-paving-439988/)

Blackus Apr 4th 2007 8:14 pm

Pressed concrete/ block paving

Does anyone know who can do "pressed concrete" in the Chiclana area. I know its the cheaper coloured version of block paving, but block paving seems so expensive or is it. Thanks guys

steve in pago Apr 5th 2007 8:06 am

Re: Pressed concrete/ block paving

Originally Posted by Blackus (Post 4602951)
Does anyone know who can do "pressed concrete" in the Chiclana area. I know its the cheaper coloured version of block paving, but block paving seems so expensive or is it. Thanks guys

Give Ben a ring @ CDL he's a wealth of info & knows the right people to ask

Contact details 626986091
cheers steve

helen17 Apr 5th 2007 9:55 am

Hi, opposite Macdonalds there is a builders / pool shop and they quoted us 29 (ish) euros a square metre for impressed concrete. Worth a look. As you look across the road its to the left of the arch.

Mourinho Apr 5th 2007 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Blackus (Post 4602951)

Seems to be all the rage at present , we had 200 sqmts done at 22 euros per sqmt in January , you're right much cheaper than slabs , ours was a spanish builder through Unseenspain .

dazzle Apr 6th 2007 6:40 am

I think the concrete is a better bet because it's more hardwearing than block paving.

The trouble with block paving is that you can find weeds coming through the gaps and sometimes some of the blocks can move over time giving an uneven appearance.

COWBOY_BUILDER Apr 6th 2007 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by dazzle (Post 4608158)
I think the concrete is a better bet because it's more hardwearing than block paving.

The trouble with block paving is that you can find weeds coming through the gaps and sometimes some of the blocks can move over time giving an uneven appearance.

Block paving is much better value for money:thumbup: ,if its layed correctly it should never move, if you ever need to lift it for any reason to get to services it can be reinstated to match the original, if it does settle it can be lifted and relayed ,pressed concrete cannot:thumbdown: ,because it layed around 4 inch/100m/m thick without reinforcing and usually in a too greater expanse ,shrinkage will always occur .To stop this it needs to be layed using a vibrating poker and iv'e never seen any of the drive layers in Spain use one ,if the colour is added when the concrete is too wet or dry it will fade after a couple of years were as Block Paving can be pressure washed to make it look like new -ish,:thumbsup:
A spray with a good weed killer once a year will sort any vegetation growth.

</IMG></IMG></IMG>

CDL Ben Apr 8th 2007 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by steve in pago (Post 4604605)
Give Ben a ring @ CDL he's a wealth of info & knows the right people to ask

Contact details 626986091
cheers steve

My people charge about 25€ per square meter. Depends on how much they have to do. The more there is the cheaper it is and there is about loads of colours and designs to choose from.

culchie Apr 9th 2007 9:14 am

A word of warning about the pressed concrete - it is slippy when wet. We have it around our pool - pain in backside when grandkids are here cos' we have to constantly yell 'don't run' and 'put your sandals on'.

Is there anything that we could paint on to make it non-slippy?

jdr Apr 9th 2007 9:25 am

Originally Posted by culchie (Post 4617257)
A word of warning about the pressed concrete - it is slippy when wet. We have it around our pool - pain in backside when grandkids are here cos' we have to constantly yell 'don't run' and 'put your sandals on'.

Is there anything that we could paint on to make it non-slippy?

HERE or HERE, although you should be able to get similar in AKI`s

culchie Apr 9th 2007 9:30 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 4617297)
HERE or HERE, although you should be able to get similar in AKI`s

Excellent. muchas gracias.