Prescriptions

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:38 am
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Prescriptions

Hola I am a pensioner recieving free medical care. My hubby, who is my toyboy, is also covered as a dependant and has also been getting free prescrips. To-day he was told at the chemist he must now pay. Can anyone suggest why? Gracias
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:31 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prescriptions

Originally Posted by maisymay
Hola I am a pensioner recieving free medical care. My hubby, who is my toyboy, is also covered as a dependant and has also been getting free prescrips. To-day he was told at the chemist he must now pay. Can anyone suggest why? Gracias
no, but I do believe that Mitzyboy, one of the moderators here, has mentioned that he is having a similar problem
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Because you have to be a pensioner to get free prescriptions, be thankful for what you got before.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Our son was over on holiday and needed repeat tablets, he had to see the doctor and get a prescription for them, fairly easy job.
The problem was getting the tablets, we tried seven Farmacias before we got them, thirty tablets for just 2.25€`s.
Surely at that low cost they could keep a bigger stock of them ?
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

UKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really nice

Hi maisymay,

It's Sally here from the British Embassy in Madrid. My Pensions, Benefit and Healthcare Team colleagues tell me that if you're registered as a pensioner, or as a dependant of a pensioner, you should receive free prescriptions on the same basis as a Spanish pensioner.

If you're still having problems, you can contact the team for more advice on 965 21 60 22 - extension 14 (Alicante) or 952 352 300 - extension 16 (Malaga).

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Sally
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:12 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by UKinSpain
Hi maisymay,

It's Sally here from the British Embassy in Madrid. My Pensions, Benefit and Healthcare Team colleagues tell me that if you're registered as a pensioner, or as a dependant of a pensioner, you should receive free prescriptions on the same basis as a Spanish pensioner.

If you're still having problems, you can contact the team for more advice on 965 21 60 22 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting� � � � � � � � � � � � � � 965 21 60 22� � � � � � end_of_the_skype_highlighting - extension 14 (Alicante) or 952 352 300 - extension 16 (Malaga).

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Sally
Can you tell the Spanish authorities that, cos the Doctors only supply the right coloured free prescriptions if you are the pensioner.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
Can you tell the Spanish authorities that, cos the Doctors only supply the right coloured free prescriptions if you are the pensioner.

Is it because under 65 dependent of a Spanish pensioner has to pay i.e. gets a green script not a red one?
If so why should a Brit in same situation get it free? Perhaps someone on here might know?
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:20 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I have always had free prescriptions as a dependant even before I was 65.

You just have to make sure the doctor uses the right form.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case some are not aware, red scrip is free, green is to be paid for
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Is it because under 65 dependent of a Spanish pensioner has to pay i.e. gets a green script not a red one?
If so why should a Brit in same situation get it free? Perhaps someone on here might know?
I was a pensioner (but only look a tad over 21) and after an op I got a green one (1st prescription) instead of red from the hospital and didn`t realise til at the farmacia when I had to pay, it was so cheap it wasn`t worth the hassle of driving back to change it.
Maybe you are right about them assuming that the Brits get the same rights as a Spaniard in the health system, or they all have their own interpretation.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
I was a pensioner (but only look a tad over 21) and after an op I got a green one (1st prescription) instead of red from the hospital and didn`t realise til at the farmacia when I had to pay, it was so cheap it wasn`t worth the hassle of driving back to change it.
Maybe you are right about them assuming that the Brits get the same rights as a Spaniard in the health system, or they all have their own interpretation.
When a doc enters details of medication to be prescribed in the computer from the patients own records it then prints a script of the appropriate colour therefore matching the age of the patient. The way round it is using handwritten script pads or incorrect details on patients records.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by whitelinen
When a doc enters details of medication to be prescribed in the computer from the patients own records it then prints a script of the appropriate colour therefore matching the age of the patient. The way round it is using handwritten script pads or incorrect details on patients records.
Right
My long term medications are put on my sanitaria tarjeta and the Farmacia just swipe the card so no problem there.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has a sanitaria tarjeta and has his prescrips on it. At the bottom of card he has the same as mine FARM-P and has not had problems before
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has a sanitaria tarjeta and has his prescrips on it. At the bottom of card he has the same as mine FARM-P and has not had problems before
Mine says FARM A , Im not a pensioner so what dose it mean? Autonomo?

I pay for medicine but at a reduced rate.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

Mine and our 2 teenage kids say "PN" from my pensioner hubby. We all still get free prescriptions.Generalitat Valencia SIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.